Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion  (Read 22931 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« on: February 15, 2010, 09:52 AM »
And it has begun...TPM is up

No figures last year...but 3 of the top 10 were in the ToyFare poll, I'd say that is good enough to get on Hasbro's radar but I guess we'll see what the readers say.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I'm still voting for stuff I want even if it made the Toy Fare top 30. 

At Toy Fair, Hasbro hinted that there were several choices on that Top 30 list that probably won't get made anytime soon, even though they are popular fan choices (Quadrinaros, Jocasta, etc).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I'm not even sure where to start with TPM right now.  I'd say that's a line I'm pretty content on at this point.  I'm gonna have to really think on it.  SA Purple Padme and Anakin come to mind though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:11 PM »
I'm not even sure where to start with TPM right now.  I'd say that's a line I'm pretty content on at this point.  I'm gonna have to really think on it.  SA Purple Padme and Anakin come to mind though.

I'm sort of in the same boat with TPM.  I'm up for whatever everyone else wants, but a lot of the figures I'd like to see would be upgrades of TPM figures that haven't been improved yet (SA Anakin, Padme, Jar Jar, Panaka, etc.).  Other podracers are great too, and I know Senators make the lists a lot - although I don't know if they are quite as likely with Hasbro being more afraid of "collector" figures - particularly boring ones like Senators.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Panaka would be a snap with a new head for the Typho body...the undone Padme is pretty much my only true want as well as the other SA resculpts (Anakin, JJB, Padme Tat and Battle, 3PO etc)

I am also content with dumping the ToyFare 30 from my lists, I see most other people aren't...diffren' strokes

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:38 AM »
2 I'd like are the Naboo Soldier and Naboo Guard getting redone (the guy in the red padded helmet/suit and the guy in the brown hat).  They're the two most prominent "soldiers" the Naboo have and they're basically dicked over as action figures.  Even that flight crew guy that was being pawned off as a "Trooper" has a shockingly superior figure to the two original army builders for Naboo.

Considering the guys in the helmets turn up later in other movies and things, I'd really like to see those get their due...

A Naboo Pilot with a cloth trench coat would go a long way with me these days too.  Ric Olie's just kinda meh.  I'd be quite happy if it was a redo of him even.  He's generic enough to suit me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 02:44 AM »
After doing a little more thinking, I realized that Aurra Sing is in definite need of an upgrade from the POTJ version.  I'd love to see some articulation added to this cool bounty hunter.

So FYI Scott, I added her to my list.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 10:18 AM »
After doing a little more thinking, I realized that Aurra Sing is in definite need of an upgrade from the POTJ version.  I'd love to see some articulation added to this cool bounty hunter.

Oh, that's a good call, forgot about her.  I had thought about that after seeing the upcoming CW version as well, but forgot when I made my list.  Good choice Jesse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Do people really want Eeth Koth that bad?  Agen Kolar isn't good enough?  I realize he doesn't have a robe but man, its splitting hairs IMO

Same goes for Adi Gallia/Stass Allie

Its your lists and I realize TPM is figure wish lacking, but to me it seems like wastes of spots :-\

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 12:32 PM »
2 I'd like are the Naboo Soldier and Naboo Guard getting redone (the guy in the red padded helmet/suit and the guy in the brown hat).  They're the two most prominent "soldiers" the Naboo have and they're basically dicked over as action figures.  Even that flight crew guy that was being pawned off as a "Trooper" has a shockingly superior figure to the two original army builders for Naboo.

Considering the guys in the helmets turn up later in other movies and things, I'd really like to see those get their due...

A Naboo Pilot with a cloth trench coat would go a long way with me these days too.  Ric Olie's just kinda meh.  I'd be quite happy if it was a redo of him even.  He's generic enough to suit me.

Yeah, I agree, the Naboo Security, Guard and Pilots need the SA treatment. I'd get at least 5 of each if not more.

I know I'm going to get the CW Aurra Sing fig. For now that one will do until/unless Hasbro ever makes a proper SA realistic version of her.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Pondering my AotC Wishlist...

I don't really feel like voting for 5-6 Padmes again this year...  but at the same time, there's really not a ton left from Ep2 that I want, and I do want the Padmes.  Hmm...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Even in the world of SA resculpts, there isn't much from AOTC I really really really want.  Cliegg would be nice and a SA Zam are probably the tops of stuff

They have made most of the major Jedi (except Barriss) and all of the Clones...all that is really left is Padme IMO. 

Oh and the Outlander Club...which I just don't find that interesting and hugely wasted opportunity of the Prequels.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Even in the world of SA resculpts, there isn't much from AOTC I really really really want.  Cliegg would be nice and a SA Zam are probably the tops of stuff

They have made most of the major Jedi (except Barriss) and all of the Clones...all that is really left is Padme IMO. 

Oh and the Outlander Club...which I just don't find that interesting and hugely wasted opportunity of the Prequels.

You know, I always felt the same way about the Outlander Club.  Such a wasted opportunity.  Lucas often talks about how the "technology" wasn't there for things like the original Cantina sequence, and at least at one point he was disappointed with it.  Then he started making the prequels after seeing the work on Jurassic Park, and knowing the tech had caught up with his ideas.  He had an excellent chance with the Outlander Club to go crazy with aliens again, but the majority of the patrons there are humans, or humanoid like...and fairly boring I think.

Agreed with the AOTC list...with pretty much perfect versions of Obi-Wan, Anakin, and most of the Jedi, it mainly falls down to Padmes here as well.  Aside from that, I think my two most wanted figures are a new C-3PO and Zam Wessell.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 03:47 PM »
Eh, I just went with the Padmes. I figure I might as well keep putting them on there because we rarely get AOTC waves, so why not. I mainly just want a new Zam, Cliegg and an SA lil' Boba (probably the only one there), followed by the obscure stuff like Dorme and Queen Jamilla. Good call on C-3PO though, Brian, I totally forgot about that one, and it's a good possibility after getting the awesome U-3PO BAD.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Defender Wishlists
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 11:05 PM »
1. Cliegg Lars w/ removable legs and chair

Now that is an awesome pack in!
My Customs & Collection Blog: