Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion  (Read 22928 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 01:35 AM »
3D Dominated the Clone Wars list yet again but Shaggy and Head Wrap guy did have a respectable showing.  I forgot about the Nelvaan warriors...the Mutants would make awesome figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 02:24 AM »
I'm disappointed, but not surprised, as Hasbro's currently written-off CW2D stuff and CW3D is the more likely thing to happen...  It's maybe tossing your vote in the trash but I refused to vote for anything but what I really wanted.  I was glad the head-wrap guy got in there though. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Defender Wishlists
« Reply #32 on: May 6, 2010, 11:09 PM »
10.) Senate Duel Palpatine

I like your attitude Knuckleheads the Squirrel.  I have been waiting forever for this figure, I worry I will wait literally, FOREVER.  He has lines! He is referenced by name! HE IS THE WHOLE REASON ANAKIN WENT TO MUSTAFAR IN THE FIRST PLACE! Nute is actually plot significant.  I hope everyone gets "that one figure" they want made.  This guy is mine. 

Firstly, we're already getting Senate Duel Palpy in the upcoming ROTS wave.

And, secondly, good point! And if Hasbro thinks that this figure will be a pegwarmer, then they should release him in limited quantities like Ice Cream Maker Dude!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2010, 02:46 PM »
RE: ROTS

Nute Gunray was 11th on the list if anyone is interested...not sure if I should count Cin since he is coming in 2011...but I'll leave him on there
Lots of votes for the Magna Guard which is confirmed for this year
I was surprised at all of the votes for Jedi resculpts (Coleman, aayla, saesee, shaak and Ki adi)
NOT 1 for Queen Apilainia which is to me another indication that the latest ToyFare poll was bull****.

RE: ANH

Not sure what to think on Owen Lars and Imperial Commander from last years list.  It will be interesting to see if people vote for them considering the Commander in the Endor Battle Packs and the upcoming Comic Pack Owen.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: May 7, 2010, 02:58 PM »
The Jedi resculpts are part of what I'm living for at this point from this line...  Shaak Ti especially could use a bump.  Coleman Trebor made the list?  He died in AOTC, so ROTS is an odd list for him to make...  Aayla I could see improving her arm articulation at least.  Saesee, eh...  He did so poorly in Legends I almost hate to see him out again.  Ki Adi, I guess I'd buy with better arms and ankles since mine's poseable but could stand a bit more.

Barriss Offee is my #1 Jedi resculpt with Shaak Ti though.  Those two need it desperately.  Then I'd slap Pablo Jill (and anyone who looks just like him but shows up in ROTS) in there as well because he's freaky and lacks a lot of articulation on his one and only figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: May 7, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Not sure what to think on Owen Lars and Imperial Commander from last years list.  It will be interesting to see if people vote for them considering the Commander in the Endor Battle Packs and the upcoming Comic Pack Owen.

I debated back and forth on Owen... I want a new one, but the comic pack one may be sufficient.  It's hard to say without having seen better shots of him yet.  In the end, I decided he'll probably be fine, so I voted for a new ANH Leia in his place.

And Scott, can you post one of your "how has Hasbro done" type updates for ANH?  It seems like the past few years (08-10), we've been getting 3-5 knocked off the top ten each year.  It always seems to me that ANH is the one spot where Hasbro and the fans are in sync with them making a lot of the stuff we want (Cantina Aliens, Red Leader, etc).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 7, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I can see the debate on Owen. I'll put him on the list since I want a single-carded release and don't collect CPs.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: May 7, 2010, 04:19 PM »
The Jedi resculpts are part of what I'm living for at this point from this line...  Shaak Ti especially could use a bump.  Coleman Trebor made the list?  He died in AOTC, so ROTS is an odd list for him to make... 

Coleman Trebor didn't Coleman Kcaj did...who is Pablo Jill more or less (and further proof the PT crew had no idea what the **** they were doing)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Here is the top 30 from 2008...20 have been made with 2 maybes on the Imperial Commander and Owen

Bom Vimdin
Wioslea
Tonnika Sisters Two Pack
Wed15-1662
Dr Evazan
Owen Lars
Red Leader
Hrchek Kal Fas
Ponda Baba
Braniac
Banniss Keeg
Grand Moff Tarkin
Imperial Commander
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Dice Ibegon
Rebel Technician
R5-K6
Reegesk
Wedge Antilles
Spacetrooper
TIE Pilot
Death Star Droid

Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)

Mosep
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Pops
Arleil Schous
Camie
Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)

Not too mention the following have also been made

2X Droid
Fixer
John D
Leesub Sirln
Trinto Duaba
Chewbacca
Stormtrooper
U-3PO
« Last Edit: May 7, 2010, 05:19 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: May 7, 2010, 11:55 PM »
The Jedi resculpts are part of what I'm living for at this point from this line...  Shaak Ti especially could use a bump.  Coleman Trebor made the list?  He died in AOTC, so ROTS is an odd list for him to make... 

Coleman Trebor didn't Coleman Kcaj did...who is Pablo Jill more or less (and further proof the PT crew had no idea what the **** they were doing)

That's some confusing **** right there...  So, if this is right...

Coleman Trebor gets offed by Jango in the Arena in Episode 2...

Coleman Kcaj is the same alien/species as Pablo Jill (from Episode 2), but just hanging around the Jedi Council in Episode 3?  And just happens to have the whole "Coleman" name going on too, to, ya know, make things fun to keep straight...

OK.  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 8, 2010, 04:47 PM »
I was somewhat on the fence about including a couple of figures on my ANH list. 

First, Bom Vimdim.  Hasbro has been telling us for at least a couple of years now that he's on the way.  My question:  When?  I feel somewhat confident that Bom Vimdim is on the way in the next 12 months, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro said "Not so fast!"

Then, Owen Lars.  He's been on my own ANH wishlist for years.  The exclusive comic 2-pack with Uncle Owen and cyborg Darth Maul looks like it MAY fit the bill.  So for now Uncle Owen came off of my list.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 11:10 AM »
From the Q&As:
Hopefully we'll be getting to Bespin Han in 2010
Bespin Han has been pushed out to 2011

Enough with the taunting me Hasbro - I am leaving Bespin Han on my ESB Wishlist until I have a new kick-ass, totally awesome version in my hands.  No more delays!  The End.  >:(

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Damn, Heater didnt make it into the top 10
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2010, 03:05 PM »
Jedi Defender.... I love the polls you run every spring leading up to ComicCon... but in the case of ESB, at this late date the format of your polling begins to suffer.  Truth be told, ESB has been thoroughly
covered by Kenner?Hasbro.  

Being a collector who typically favors new releases far more than resculpts, I fear your poll format--in the case of ESB at least (probably ROTS also)--tends to favor resculpts simply because there is so little left to do.

Seriously, I couldnt actually come up with ten new releases for ESB.  The R2 units I listed below?  Im not sure they were even in the move--but someone else voted for them a year ag0--and since Im always interested in new droids I listed them.  But the point is:  there are virtually no meaningful new releases left for ESB (and again, ROTS is almost there too).

For this reason, I wonder if in future years you may want to consider changing the categories.  Instead of voting by movie, perhaps by army builders, and aliens, and droids, etc.  Or something like that.

I recognize Hasbro tends to release in movie based waves... but perhaps a major fan site like yourselves mixing things up might lead to Hasbro eventually doing the same.

Guaranteeing ten slots in the final voting to ESB guarantees too many rescupts in the mix over new releases.  And this, I fear, may further alter Hasbros perspective on what many collectors want.

In my case--that is NOT resculpts.

Anyway... consider yourselves 2 cents richer.  Here are my votes:

-Rash Flembar-

::) :o :-*

And I'm going to respectfully disagree that most collectors want just all new figures.  

#1 For a while now, Hasbro has done themed waves
#2 Most of the resculpts being voted for are very much needed updates of POTF2 era figures
#3 Past uber wishlist results have consistently put a lot of OT resculpts at the top of the lists, take the top 10 of last years Tournament of Champions:

6 of the top 10 are resculpts.  

I personally would much rather have a new ultimate Han Bespin or Hoth Luke over pretty much every character that was on any of the PT lists

#4 Coming up next is ROTJ a film chock full of unmade stuff...that list will be chock full of resculpts mainly because of the reasons stated above

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:05 PM by Scott »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2010, 03:15 PM »
I also have to respectfully disagree. Han Bespin is and has been my most wanted figure. I am happy that he will be 100% new based on a recent Q&A. Right now I find myself wanting more resculpts than new characters. My want ratio stands at 65/35 65% Resculpts and 35% New which really coincides with Scotts analysis above. (BTW - I love those characters choices above!)

I will take the resculpts over real losers like:
Lee Phenets, Human Ugnaught - Useless to the 10th Power
Wiorkettle - Snaggletooth in a blue Moo-Moo
Tian chyler - Your kidding right?
White, silver, and maroon R5 unit (Echobase) R3-P5/yellow & grey astro Yellow & Black R2 unit (I have enough units to satisfy my wants)
Treva Horme - Same as the Moo-Moo Snags.

Yeah I'll take the resculpts, sorry but I had to rip into some of those characters. I could not help it. If the line consisted of that list consider it dead. It would be the 2008 Crash of Yarna. (We all wanted Yarna but can the same be said of Tian Chyler?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:27 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/