Author Topic: RC Hailfire Droid  (Read 17090 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RC Hailfire Droid
« Reply #60 on: October 1, 2010, 04:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPvw9tXTL4&feature=player_embedded

I'd gotten a couple requests about the RC obstacle course...  I can't video my own, but this guy's showing off a 1:16 Jagdpanther tank (WW2 German Tank Destroyer), and I thought his set-up was awesome.  Mine's nowhere near this level of quality, but it's similar in some respects.  Mine's nowhere near this cool looking though, but I thought I'd share just since it's what the gist of the RC obstacle courses are like for some folks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2010, 09:35 AM »
My son had his birthday Friday night and his grandparents bought him this.  The toy is fantastic!  I know it is $60 but he loves it.  The missiles basically fire in groups of 4 remotely.  IT has a great spinning feature.  The thing looks super-durable and sturdy.  It was quite the hit. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 01:59 AM »
I've beat the piss out of mine now a bit...  Honestly I think it's one of the more indestructable RC's I've had.  I'm shocked because it has no suspension to speak of at all.  That usually can murder a gearbox.  Not this thing though.  I rolled it off a couple steps even.   :o

The spinning is cool too, I agree.  It controls like a tank (or like tanks used to), by driving each wheel independantly.  It's incredibly maneuverable once you get the feel for the somewhat sensitive controls.  I'm a little experienced with RC stuff and the bigger things control a bit more sensitively, but really this isn't hard to master.  It's just right for kids I think.

The rockets...  They should include a full extra set.  These things will be lost. :)  They go very, very far...  Definitely not for use around the pets with little ones I think. ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Thinking about biting on this tomorrow for $39.  Probably not, but I will keep it on my list I guess...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2010, 01:34 AM »
Black Friday did this better around me...  Target's near me is down to one,a nd WM had 3 (they had about 10 to start, so not bad).  I noticed this got pimped in some toy catalogues a bit, so I'm sure that didn't hurt it either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: December 6, 2010, 02:32 AM »
Target had these marked to $35-ish this weekend, and they were all gone where I visited.  I believe the mark-down started Sunday, but I wasn't too sure on that.  Both stores I visited sold out though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Target's clearance of the R/C Hailfire Droid appears to be in full swing.  I found a couple at a local store that were marked at $24.98 or so.  Given that price drop I was ready to pull the trigger on this vehicle.  And imagine my oh so pleasant surprise when I got to the register and to find that the current clearance price was ACTUALLY $14.98.  A nice score in my book.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Same here - I scanned some that said they were 50% off, but they were 75% off.  They've been sitting for a couple weeks at several Targets with the 50% sticker.  Maybe if they update with the correct stickers they can finally get them out of there.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2011, 05:55 PM »
They sold at my local Target with only one markdown to $42. It's surprising to see the "successful" toys hit clearance.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Yeah I haven't seen one at Target since early December maybe?  Whatever that first markdown was they had before Christmas time.  They sold out then.  I'd buy another for $15 for sure. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 07:23 PM »
I'm still seeing these around for $20somethingish and $40somethingish.  Managed to secure a 75% off version through a local - I think I originally said I had no interest in this thing unless it hit extreme clearance so ya...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 04:32 PM »
nabbed what appeared to be the last one of these at Target today for $15.  They were doing a reset of areas of the toy dept.