Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112820 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #30 on: March 1, 2010, 09:53 AM »

The comic version of War Machine is so good that I don't even want the movie version.

wow - I will have to do a comparisson when I see them in person.  I would have never suspected that.

edit:  just saw a pic of the comic version online at HTS (if you click the borken links the pics show up) - and yeah, he does look real nice.

and if this thread gets any more pictures of Scarlett Johannsen in it - I won't be able to work for the rest of the day.  she is so hot....

edit:  just went to HTS to see if they have these up yet - and they do.  no pictures of the product yet - but it looks like they will be holding on to their toys for this line, as they all look to be priced at $7.99.

Sorry HTS - you won't be getting any order from me as I am sure these will be plentiful at retail.

ps - how much is WM selling IM2 figures for?
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 10:32 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 1, 2010, 11:02 AM »
The comic version of War Machine is so good that I don't even want the movie version.

Get it ... trust me.  Right now, I consider the Comic Series War Machine my favorite 3 3/4" figure from any of the Marvel lines, but it's still worth picking up the movie version.  It's a great figure and it goes better with all of the Movie Series Iron Mans that you've already picked up.  I don't think you'll regret the purchase.

;)

ps - how much is WM selling IM2 figures for?

They're $6.96 around here.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #32 on: March 1, 2010, 12:46 PM »
They put out a boatload at the TRU I went to today.  I'm guessing 20 pegs crammed full of basic figures.  I'm pretty impressed...there are some nice looking figures in these lots.  And it's nice to see the drop from $8.xx for MU figures down to $6.99 for these. 

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 1, 2010, 02:10 PM »
I checked WM and TRU for the Iron Man stuff today.  WM had a small selection, all comic figures, but not a ton of stuff.  TRU had a pretty big display in the action figure aisle with a mix of movie, comic, and concept series figures (and the other stuff like the exclusive Mighty Muggs, the larger Iron Man, Super Hero Squad packs, etc.).  Unless I missed them though, I didn't see any of the figures from Iron Man 2.  TRU had the Iron Man 1 figures (Mark I, II, III, and Iron Monger), but that was it for movie stuff here locally.  Target didn't have anything out yet.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 2, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Went on a toy hunt yesterday since these were supposed to be officialy released:

Target:

Comic version WM.  They also had all of the figures I had previously purchased at TRU days before.

WM - they probably had 8+ pegs jammed packed with every figure I had previously seen plus the new ones I got below:

Movie WM with from what I can tell has red eyes and a red circle around his chest thingy - there are reports of there being a blue variant, and I also got Mark IV, V, VI.

when I got home I had a kinda buyers remorse type feeling on all the Mark figures - how many IM suits do I need?  Especially when on 2 (Mark IV, and Mark VI) of them the only difference is the center of his chest?  So I dunno if I am gonna keep them.  I am really kinda waiting to hear more info on those Target armory light up base packs I think before I make a final decision.

The only figure I have opened so far is Mark I.  I kinda regret doing it for the reasons stated above.  I am thinking Target will be doing a pack for all the armor models, and it would be pretty sweet to have them displayed that way.  I would return all of my single cards for those exclusives - given the right price of course.

Only complete passes, no double takes,  so far are animated Mark I, Classic IM, Stealth IM, and yuck - Inferno IM
« Last Edit: March 2, 2010, 10:07 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 2, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Did many of you see the figures from the new movie?  I didn't see any here locally (Target hadn't put them out yet), but I was wondering if they might be on the way a bit later in some cases.  I saw movie stuff from the first movie, as well as comic stuff (and concept stuff at TRU), but I was sort of hoping to pick up the movie (Mark VI) Iron Man and War Machine.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 2, 2010, 11:36 AM »
I think the first wave is the first movie stuff and the comic series, while wave 2 is supposed to have the mark 1V, War Machine and Whiplash, plus a few other variant armors, so it's possible that the 2nd wave hasn't hit in big numbers yet.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 2, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I was half expecting to see Whiplash out in my hunt yesterday and today but no dice.  I went to a WM on my lunch break and while they only had 3 pegs jammed packed with figures in their respective plannogram space, I also noticed after walking around a bit that they also had a ton of figures on several side endcap spaces.  So, you may wanna check those areas for "overflow" figures at WM.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 2, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Also, $6.99 for these is nice - considering they're as good or better quality than MU and those are $8.67

I found some of these yesterday as well (mainly the comic series so far), and I have to echo the sentiments that the figures seem really well done.  I picked up the following:

Iron Man (1st Appearance - Comic Series)
War Machine (Comic Series)
Crimson Dynamo (Comic Series)
Iron Man Mark III (Movie Series)

All were very well done, and as it has already been said, War Machine in particular is a very nice figure.  I have to say, after a bit of a rocky start, it seems like Hasbro might be starting to hit their stride with this 3 3/4" stuff - or at least getting much better.  I thought the Universe line was sort of hit and miss in the first few waves, but after receiving the new wave recently (Extremis Iron Man, Modern Thor, Luke Cage, Black Widow), these Iron Man 2 figures, and also the "Super Poseable" Spider-Man from the new Spidey line...all are very well done, solid figures.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 2, 2010, 02:15 PM »
I think the first wave is the first movie stuff and the comic series, while wave 2 is supposed to have the mark 1V, War Machine and Whiplash, plus a few other variant armors, so it's possible that the 2nd wave hasn't hit in big numbers yet.

Wave 2 of the Movies Series, which contains Marks IV - VI and War Machine, only hit one Wal-Mart around here, so they seem to be in less supply at the moment.

I was half expecting to see Whiplash out in my hunt yesterday and today but no dice.  

Whiplash doesn't make his first appearance until Wave 4.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2010, 02:17 PM by Neal »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 2, 2010, 08:14 PM »
I picked up the Comic Series First Appearance Iron Man and Classic Iron Man today.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 3, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Okay, I'm pretty sure I have all of the IM2 figures that are out right now.

Movie Series:
IM Mark I
IM Mark II
IM Mark III
Hypervelocity Armor
Deep Dive Armor
Power Assault Armor
Iron Monger

Comic Series
1st appearance IM
IM (Classic Red/Yellow)
Stealth IM (Same sculpt as above but now in a deep blue/purple-ish deco)
Crimson Dynamo
War Machine

Deluxe:
IM-Juggernaut Upgrade (Same as Mark VI but better articulated and paint app is a little different-more gold)
IM-Negative Zone Upgrade (Same as Mark VI but better articulated and paint app is a little different-sap gold for silver instead)

And finally the IM car with IM Mark VI

Here's a link to reference each currently available IM2 figure: http://www.advancediron.org/forums/index.php/topic,3348.0.html

A note about the Deluxe and IM Car figure. These are all the same sculpt. However the deluxe figures have decidedly better articulation. If you are looking to make one of these the Mark VI armor for your collection go with the "Juggernaut" version. The IM from the race car set has very basic articulation. (Head, shoulders, hip ONLY) As well the plastic for the race car IM figure is softer. This figure is hard to stand straight and with the lack of articulation it's near impossible to correct it.

It clearly was made to fit inside the car as its legs are so tight to the body.

Unless you REALLY want the race car (which I did), I suggest passing on this set.

The deluxe figures are decent, though I do not think they are worth the $15 price tag. Since the regular figs are $7, these deluxe shouldn't have been more than $12 for what you get. The "Negative Zone" armor IM is cool for the different deco, but the large accessory that goes over the armor is very wonky. It's this huge chest missile launcher that just doesn't look good at all. Though this set does include snap on forearm armor than differentiates this figure from the other two Mark VI designs. So it looks different enough.

Since I'm a big IM fan, I was compelled to buy each version. If you're a casual fan, you might want to pass on the deluxe figures as well, or risk buyers remorse.

Other than those three, I'm VERY happy with the basic carded figures. Well made, great articulation and paint app and all for a decent price. I think this line will be a success.

Personally for me, I'm excited because I've wanted to build an IM hall of armor diorama for sometime and just didn't have enough IM figures to do it. This series had made that possible and I greatly look forward to finally making this dio happen.

Respectfully,
Sal
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 12:33 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 3, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Sal, don't forget both War Machines (Comic and Movie) and Iron Man first appearance.

Comic War Machine is probably the best figure out right now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 3, 2010, 12:34 PM »
Sal, don't forget both War Machines (Comic and Movie) and Iron Man first appearance.

Comic War Machine is probably the best figure out right now.

D'oh thanks. Yes, I have those too and forgot to post them. Above post has been edited.

Thanks again!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 3, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Also, Marks IV - VI are out as basic, carded figures ... along with the Inferno Mission Iron Man.