Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112851 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #300 on: September 26, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Here's a question; I had the Hulkbuster Armor version of IM in my hands the other day and was thinking about buying it.  The package said that there's a $5 coupon for IM stuff in the package.  Anyone have on of the coupons?  Is it good on only carded figs, all Hasbro IM stuff or some other type of restriction?

It's $5 off of any purchase over $25 I believe (might be $20, but I can't recall)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Here's a question; I had the Hulkbuster Armor version of IM in my hands the other day and was thinking about buying it.  The package said that there's a $5 coupon for IM stuff in the package.  Anyone have on of the coupons?  Is it good on only carded figs, all Hasbro IM stuff or some other type of restriction?

It's $5 off of any purchase over $25 I believe (might be $20, but I can't recall)

It's $20.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2010, 09:25 AM »
yup I will also confirm it is $5 off $20

on another note, the Target 3 pack is on sale for $15.  Still not certain if I will get it since I only want the drone.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Picked up the Iron Man 2 dvd today at wally and noticed the $5 off sticker as well, Just glad they FINALLY put out NEW figures! Ivan 'Whiplash' Vanko, A ground assualt and air assult drone, some repainted mark 4 with more silver as 'ultimate armor' and a blue 'fusion armor' figure. Saw at TRU they have an exclusive set with two tan graound assult drones, a mark 4 (or 6) plus SLJ's Nick Fury!
Target has a set with IM, a drone and Whiplash.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 29, 2010, 05:09 PM »
I need to pick up the Air Assault and Weapons Assault drones. I have the Sea Assault and Ground Assault from the multipacks.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Finally managed to pick up the carded Whiplash earlier this week.  But this line is still not easy to collect.  The Drones are totaly scalper bait.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 30, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Last night I grabbed the Target 3 pack and a spare Guardsman figure since he is somewhat of an army builder.  I was able to use the Iron Man 2 $5 off coupon that is packed in with figures and the $1 off coupon from playsaver.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 30, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Just got home from Walmart with a comic Iron Monger, and the 2 drones from that wave.  They had put out 6 cases by my count.  My Walmarts have been really good in the past month.  With everything really IM2, Star Wars Vintage, Marvel Universe.

I was going to army build the drones, but honestly they don't look too great IMO.  So I will just add 1 of each of these "Marine" and "Air Force" drones to the "Navy" from the Target set and the "Army" from the TRU set, and call it a day with the drones methinks.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 2, 2010, 04:27 PM »
I thought I had gotten lucky and found the cases with the drones in it - there was comic Iron Monger and Silver Centurion, but all of the other figures were from previous waves - I opened the two cases I saw on a pallet and both were the same story, so either someone had already gotten to the cases, removed the drones and packed them back up or my store got a mix of these that didn't include the Hammer Droids.  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #309 on: October 3, 2010, 03:38 AM »
Still can't find the green drone. Have not seen anything new in stores for some time.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 3, 2010, 10:52 PM »
I thought I had gotten lucky and found the cases with the drones in it - there was comic Iron Monger and Silver Centurion, but all of the other figures were from previous waves - I opened the two cases I saw on a pallet and both were the same story, so either someone had already gotten to the cases, removed the drones and packed them back up or my store got a mix of these that didn't include the Hammer Droids.  >:(

Iron Monger and Silver Centurion are from the Comic Series.  The Drones are from the Movie Series.  They don't ship in cases together.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 4, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Still can't find the green drone. Have not seen anything new in stores for some time.

I hear ya.

I need both the Weapons Assault and Air Assault drones.

Those should have been in the first wave instead of all the different Iron Men. I'm a huge IM fan, but even I recognize the need for villain figures.

I think it would have been awesome to get a four pack of drones, one of each kind. That would have made it immensely easy for us to find/buy, build up our army of drones. I'm hoping to get 8 of each and have the Land Assault and Sea Assault ones.

I can only hope Hasbro will see the outcry for these drones and make more of them.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 4, 2010, 02:30 PM »
I went to 2 of my local WM's and all I saw new at one of them was the same thing Pete saw a few posts up.  So I too have still not seen a single carded drone at retail.  Who knows though - holidays are coming.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 6, 2010, 10:58 AM »
BBTS has the newest (final?) comic wave in stock - the one with Mandarin, and also the newest movie series figures - the one with all of the concept colors. 

I have read some reports that WM lowered their prices to $5 for this line - so perhaps that will clean off the pegs in an effort to make room for this new stuff.  Thats what I am hoping for at least.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 6, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I saw the $5 price at Wal-Mart last night. Didn't have anything worth buying though, since all they had were movie Iron Men (which I'm not collecting).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks