Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 23272 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 10:52 AM »

So far I've only seen them at TRU just once, but as far as I know the official release date is in March.

That would be correct.  March 1st, to be exact.
I picked up a couple more Iron Man figures this morning from a local Target.  I used the DPCI and had them pull a case of Collection I.  I grabbed the Mark I, Mark II, and Deep Dive Armor for myself and an Iron Monger for a friend of mine.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 01:31 PM »
what are your thoughts on the Deep Dive?  I have yet to seem him and I am on the fence about him even when I do see him - but I am leaning towards "yes".

Also, I could have swore I heard that War Machine's head is swivel and not a ball joint - can anyone confirm either way?  If its swivel its not a deal breaker of course - the figure is awesome looking.  I just want to know.   thanks in advance.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 02:26 PM »
what are your thoughts on the Deep Dive?  I have yet to seem him and I am on the fence about him even when I do see him - but I am leaning towards "yes".

Also, I could have swore I heard that War Machine's head is swivel and not a ball joint - can anyone confirm either way?  If its swivel its not a deal breaker of course - the figure is awesome looking.  I just want to know.   thanks in advance.

I'm a die-hard IM fan, but could not bring myself to buy the deep dive armor.  All of his armors are air/water tight, so seems ridiculous to me that he needs to take the GIJoe approach of a specific armor for fighting underwater.  It also just looks silly.  Haven't come across War Machine yet, but that is the one I'm ost looking forward to.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 03:32 PM »

I think War Machines head is a ball joint, just not a very good one, and behaves more or less like a swivel, but there does seem to be some slight tilting up/down, side to side movement going on with mine.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 09:20 PM »

I like the look of the Deep Dive Armor (though I haven't opened it yet).  I bought it specifically because it's different compared to the other Concept armor that is currently available.
War Machine's head is a ball joint, but as mentioned already, it's not a very good one.  His head can barely tilt.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:18 AM »
I ended up seeing and buying Deep Dive last night -  I like the look, though I do agree with your argument Jedijman about the air/water tight armor - I guess it doesn't make too much sense.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I like big books and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 06:57 PM »
SPOILERS

Preview of movie figs, including Black Widow.  Awesome.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Sweet, I was hoping for stuff like this. Black Widow and Nick Fury will be welcome additions to the shelf. I sure hope they tone down the bug eyes on Whiplash though.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 12:47 PM »
One of my local Wal-Marts did a semi-reset (which, as is typical for WM, means cramming all the existing stuff closer together to make a small spot for a new line) and put out a whole shitpile of IM2 stuff.  Most interesting was that there were figures from the second film, which I hadn't even seen photos of online.  Then again, I wasn't really looking.

Anyway, the figures I saw were:

-Mark IV Armor (same general design as Mark III but a bit bulkier and a different chest piece)
-Mark V Armor (kind of a minimalist silver and red design with a rocket-firing suitcase)
-Mark VI Armor (the one with the triangular arc light chest piece)
-Mark VI Armor "Power Up" (press on his head and the torso lights up)
-War Machine (film version)
-Inferno Armor (Concept Series "Firefighter" armor)

I picked up Marks IV-VI (but not the light up version) and War Machine.  They're nice figures, and I'm really impressed by the level of detail in this scale (as many have said, the Mark I outshines the 6" version from 2008 by a mile), but some of the joints have been either stiff or loose, particularly on the Mark IV's "waist" joint.  Mine wobbles around like late 1970's Tony Stark on a bender.  My only other complaint is that of about 26 figures on the shelves, 24 were some version of Iron Man, with only two villains (Dynamo and Monger).  Oh well, I really hope that Hasbro doesn't make Scarlett Johannsen look like crap.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53 PM »
  Oh well, I really hope that Hasbro doesn't make Scarlett Johannsen look like crap.

I take it you haven't seen the pic yet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 04:54 PM »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 05:06 PM »
I picked up the Mark V, Mark VI, and Movie War Machine today at Wal-Mart.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 06:28 PM »

Mission accomplished.  And what makes it worse is that the paint apps are probably going to be awful on the actual production figure as well.  Oh well...are they doing a 6" scale version?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Yes, I think TRU is on board for a 6" version as a 2-pack.  I haven't seen very clear pictures, but it was in the Marvel presentation and looks much improved over the prior Legends version and this smaller one.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 1, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Had to really chase these down the last 2 days, but finally caught up with them this morning and bought:

2 x comic War Machine
1 x Mark I
1 x Mark II
1 x Mark III
1 x Hypervelocity armor
1 x comic first appearance
1 x Crimson Dynamo

My Targets actually held these until the March 1st release date.  I was at one last night and they told me they're in the stockroom, but can't sell them yet.  Promptly showed up at 8 AM and waited 20 minutes for them to bring them out.

Also, $6.99 for these is nice - considering they're as good or better quality than MU and those are $8.67

The comic version of War Machine is so good that I don't even want the movie version.