Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112867 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #135 on: April 8, 2010, 01:15 PM »
The main army builder bad guys have already been released in those $1 store unarticulated incarnations, and I assume the articulated versions are coming in the later waves.

Anyone who saw the trailers knows what I'm talking about, but for SPOILER reasons i'll be quiet now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 8, 2010, 01:49 PM »
I think these still could have all come out, just a much better mix.

Let's assume each wave is 6 figures.

The break down could have been:
2 Movie Iron Man figs
1 Concept fig
1 Bad guy
2 Comic fig (either both IM, or one of him and another a bad guy)

The "Hammer Drones" as seen in the trailer, could have been in the first wave. These would have (and hopefully will be) great army builders. If there are variants to the Hammer drones, then those could be put in the mix for Movie bad guys.

While I happen to be a huge IM fan, I do agree that there are too many different IM figs on the pegs and not enough enemies.

Later waves should feature other characters like Black Widow and Nick fury. I'm getting a few of Fury since I want to make customs of him. He'll make a great Jedi...  ::)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 9, 2010, 08:36 AM »
With the Toys R Us sale winding down at the end of this week and the fact that they set up the Iron Man 2 display in the front and brought out a bunch of cases, stocking the display with pretty much every Iron Man figure released so far, I decided it was time to pull the trigger and use a couple of those coupons.

For the first purchase, I picked up:

Iron Man Mark I
Iron Man Mark II
Iron Man Mark III
Iron Monger

For the second purchase, I picked up:

Iron Man Mark IV
Iron Man Mark V
Iron Man Mark VI
War Machine

With tax and after the coupon, both sets of four figures rang up for $18.52 - so basically, I picked up eight figures for $37 - not a bad deal if you ask me.

I've opened them all and they seem pretty nice. Not sure I'm going to go for the Iron Man and War Machine figures w/removable face masks/helmets, but I will probably pick up the Whiplash, Black Widow and Nick Fury movie figures just to finish up having all of the various armors and characters from the two movies represented. I'm sure those drones from the trailer will be released as well, may pick up one or two of that figure as well...

The one interesting thing was that Whiplash is pretty big in the TRU display - when I walked in, I was hoping that they might have gotten some cases with him in it, but unfortunately, no dice.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2010, 08:37 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 9, 2010, 03:03 PM »
Saw the display too, which looks cool but man the selection of figures seems so weird.  Especially when Whiplash has such a prominent feature on the display like you said and he's not even available. 

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 9, 2010, 03:57 PM »
The main army builder bad guys have already been released in those $1 store unarticulated incarnations, and I assume the articulated versions are coming in the later waves.

Anyone who saw the trailers knows what I'm talking about, but for SPOILER reasons i'll be quiet now.

Hasbro identified that assortment as their "Emerging Markets" line.  It's designed to be low end stuff that can get more of a foothold internationally and at discount retail in the US.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Saw the display too, which looks cool but man the selection of figures seems so weird.  Especially when Whiplash has such a prominent feature on the display like you said and he's not even available. 

That, and the fact that Whiplash is such a royal screwup and loser in the comics who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, yet he's the main bad guy in the movie.

We think.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2010, 06:24 PM »
seriously awaiting other figurs fromt his line other than Iron Man.  At this point I have one of every figure available - far too many Iron Man figures - yet I am loving just about each of his other suits that are on the way and wil; be adding them to my armory.

But I really do want other characters - can't believe the portrayed main bad guy from this movie isn't/wasn't available in these first waves.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2010, 06:44 PM »
The new TRU Ironman header looks really awesome with Whiplash and War Machine.  Can't wait to see the movie!  ...just hoping I don't get sucked back into this toyline that I only gave a one day's chance before returning.  Awesome figures though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Saw the Hall of Armor figures at a Target store yesterday.  Interesting take on things.  But since I already bought some of the basic figures I don't know how likely I am to take the plunge on these.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2010, 10:31 AM »
My stance on these is that for these Target light up base sets to have had the best potential for selling them out - they should have been available at the launch of the line.  I could be wrong, and they could sell very well when the movie drops - I just really doubt that will happen. 

I already bought one of every figure for like $4.25 plus tax each from the TRU 2 for $11 plus using the coupons - I am not going to rebuy the figure for $13 just to get a light up base.

sad to say but clearance at 75% off - for $3.25 each is probably going to be the only thing that motivates me to possibly grab them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2010, 01:13 PM »
I stopped at TRU over the weekend to see what they had, but things were pretty well ransacked.  There will still some Iron Men available, but anything else (War Machine, Iron Monger, etc.) were long gone.  I was thinking about taking advantage of the sale to get another Iron Monger (the one I had has two right hands) and maybe another version of Iron Man, but oh well.  I will say that sales seem to be picking up a little bit here locally, particularly at TRU with this sale.  We'll see how it goes beyond that.  I hope the later figures like Whiplash, Black Widow, and Nick Fury aren't impossible to find due to a sea of Iron Men :).

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2010, 01:19 PM »
My stance on these is that for these Target light up base sets to have had the best potential for selling them out - they should have been available at the launch of the line.  I could be wrong, and they could sell very well when the movie drops - I just really doubt that will happen. 

I already bought one of every figure for like $4.25 plus tax each from the TRU 2 for $11 plus using the coupons - I am not going to rebuy the figure for $13 just to get a light up base.

sad to say but clearance at 75% off - for $3.25 each is probably going to be the only thing that motivates me to possibly grab them.

Anyone have any pics of the light up sets?

I had already planned on making a diorama of these on my own. So the lightup sets had better knock my socks off if I were to buy them at full price. Like others here, I already have one of every of the currently available figures. I highly doubt I'll rebuy them just for the bases. (Though a clearance sale buying binge isn't out of the question.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Although I don't follow the line too closely, the Borders Exclusive Marvel Selects War Machine has started hitting store for those interested.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Although I don't follow the line too closely, the Borders Exclusive Marvel Selects War Machine has started hitting store for those interested.

I actually picked this up today, making it the first Marvel Select figure in my collection.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Dang, I forgot to check on this last night. Hopefully I remember about this and check for it tonight instead. Is there an IRON MAN equivalent?