Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113725 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Found the Hulkbuster wave at Wal-Mart a few hours ago. Passed on everything for now because I knew I'd go crazy and pick up the whole wave, and I don't want to spend that kind of cash right now. There are two more Iron Men in this wave, one being the Pointy Mask Iron Man and the other being the Mark VIII, which I almost picked up as well. Would be nice to get some more villains or something but I guess Hasbro thinks we can't have enough Iron Man figs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2010, 07:38 AM »
While I LOVED this line when it first came out, it's turning into a dud for me. I want those Hammer drones. All FOUR variants of them. Plus Whiplash in his orange digs as well as the final battle armor.

Of course Nick Fury and Scarlett...Natasha.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2010, 09:58 AM »
While I LOVED this line when it first came out, it's turning into a dud for me. I want those Hammer drones. All FOUR variants of them. Plus Whiplash in his orange digs as well as the final battle armor.

Of course Nick Fury and Scarlett...Natasha.

The availability of everything is just such a disaster right now.  I've almost completely written off retail as a means of reliably acquiring figures, opting instead for ordering cases from various online dealers. 

I may pay a buck more a figure here and there, but my gosh I must be saving gallons and gallons of gasoline.  My daily toy runs have turned into barely weekly.  Ultimately, this has actually saved me money.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2010, 05:39 PM »
That's how I do it too. I used to go 5 days a week. During periods where I know it's going to be slow, I check maybe twice a week, unless I happen to be in the area.

It's not just gas, but time and frustration saved as well.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2010, 04:19 PM »
I've pretty much given up on this line. At this point, I'm not even sure I want to pick up that TRU battlepack that's gonna have two Hammer Drones, IM and Fury.

If I can snag a Whiplash at some point, great, if not, no big deal, I no longer care.

I think I would probably rather have the final-battle armored Whiplash figure instead of the race-track version anyway which would allow me to keep my Iron Man collection limited to simply "armored" characters - and there hasn't even been a whiff of that figure coming down the pike so I'm happy with my IM Mark 1 - Mark 6, War Machine and Iron Monger figs.

For me also, the issue is that the Iron Man window for me is rapidly closing - once the Star Wars stuff starts hitting and if I have to make a choice between picking up a new Vintage/Clone Wars item and picking up a Hammer Drone, the Star Wars item will win every time.

Hasbro really botched this line with so many Iron Man figures.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Hasbro really botched this line with so many Iron Man figures.

And you can substitute "Iron Man" with "Indiana Jones," "Star Wars," "Rise of Cobra," "Wolverine" and possibly even whatever the Transformer movie line was called last year.  When you have that track record over the past 2.5 years maybe you'd figure something out.

But, probably not.  I'm interested in seeing how the SW launch this fall is going to go.  Looking at the case packs for the first 2 Vintage waves, it seems to be more of the same for Hasbro.  And that's just one line, I'm not even talking about the CW line which has potential to be worse.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40 PM »
But, probably not.  I'm interested in seeing how the SW launch this fall is going to go.  Looking at the case packs for the first 2 Vintage waves, it seems to be more of the same for Hasbro.  And that's just one line, I'm not even talking about the CW line which has potential to be worse.

Well, based on case assortments for the Clone Wars line, it already looks like it is - out of the first 20 or so figures there are only four new ones. All of the others are repacks from the 2008-2010 waves.

For me, it's not a big deal since I want to get the game cards and stands for these figures too, so call me a sucker, but I am going to be picking up at least two of every Clone Wars figure - but that's me - the lack of actual NEW figures is going to mean a glut of the first two waves of the "Shadows of the Darkside" is going to be a serious problem.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2010, 08:18 PM »
I received a Whiplash in the mail today from a fellow collector.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the later waves showing up as well.  Heck, I don't think online vendors even have them for preorder yet that I've seen.  I'm not sure when they are scheduled - maybe they are holding them off - but we'd have to have quite a bit sell here locally to make room for them as well.  I don't check the pegs closely anymore, so I'm not sure if they are selling/restocking or just sitting, but I tend to think they are sitting now.  I was looking forward to grabbing a Nick Fury, Whiplash, Black Widow, and some Hammer Drones, but we'll have to see.  The line seems to be being forgotten a bit now (much like the movie to some extent), which I guess is a sign of the way kids and even society is these days with movies, tv, toys, games, etc.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55 PM »
At this point, unless Hasbro has some DVD push planned, we're never going to see the Hammer Drones, Whiplash or any of the rest at retail.  I just can't see it happening.  I would even be surprised if Hasbro could salvage a TRU exclusive release for the wave containing those figures. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2010, 02:35 PM »
I would even be surprised if Hasbro could salvage a TRU exclusive release for the wave containing those figures. 

Agreed - once IM2 came out of the Marquee area at the front of the store, my local TRU has Iron Man 2 stuff spread out between two locations and they haven't replenished it once!
Peter

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2010, 01:54 PM »
At this point, unless Hasbro has some DVD push planned, we're never going to see the Hammer Drones, Whiplash or any of the rest at retail.  I just can't see it happening.  I would even be surprised if Hasbro could salvage a TRU exclusive release for the wave containing those figures. 

I was talking to a friend about this TRU Battle Pack, and was thinking how Hasbro should use that opportunity to do an end-line ditch for the IM2 movie figures instead of even producing any more single carded movie-based figures.  Have one BP be the Fury, IM (with the RDJ head/face as a swappable part), and two drones; have a second BP include Black Widow, War Machine (with the Don Cheadle head/face), and the two other drones.  That still leaves Whiplash out in the cold, but they could still do an exclusive single carded figure for TRU so it would at least be out there, or even have it as a FWP item if you buy both Battle Packs. 

At this point, if anything else from the IM2 movie toys shows up at retail, I'll be shocked.  I'd go as far as to say that this line is an even bigger disaster than Indy, since there were 6 basic Indy figures across 4 waves of figures, and there have been...at least 18 Iron Men across the same number of waves?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2010, 09:58 PM »
I've only seen the Hulkbuster wave or remnants of it a couple of times.  And most of the time it's only been the Iron Man with the horned mask.  When I actually found some of the other figures in that wave I was shocked!  But the Guardsman looks kind of lame, and so does that wave's Iron Man.  The Hulkbuster armor was cool though.  And so was Titanium Man.  But those were the only figures in that whole wave that had any appeal for me.

As for Whiplash?  Still haven't seen that.  But then I hear that most people who are finding the new Iron Man figures are finding them at WalMart, and I don't go there all that often.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Has anybody else seen a lot of theft with this line? Maybe it's just the store near me (multiple figs from multiple lines have been tampered with) but there are many Iron Man figs that have had the figures ripped from the packaging... and the staff hangs the tattered card on the pegs anyway.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50 PM »
I have not seen any theft on Iron Man, which I thought was kind of suprising compared to some of the other lines out there. 

I found the Hulkbuster wave on my way back from Wisconsin yesterday.  Only picked up two basic Iron Men (horned faceplate and comicy Red/Gold) as well as the Hulk Buster armor.  That figure is sweet!  I am not collecting about half the line and couldn't bring myself to buy the Guardian, Titanium Man or others.  No sign of Whiplash, but I'm not buying him anyway.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today