Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113551 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #225 on: July 2, 2010, 01:16 AM »
Well - the new Star Wars has hit and that means I'm back on the hunt for those, so that means that this line is now dead to me.

If by some miracle, I stumble across the drones or they release Whiplash in his armor from the end of the movie AND I'm able to find it again, but just walking by the IM2 pegs, then I might pick them up.

Otherwise, I'm done.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 3, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Has anybody else seen a lot of theft with this line? Maybe it's just the store near me (multiple figs from multiple lines have been tampered with) but there are many Iron Man figs that have had the figures ripped from the packaging... and the staff hangs the tattered card on the pegs anyway.

I've seen some theft of this line.  But it hasn't been to any extreme level that's surpassed theft of figures or accessories from other lines.  I probably saw a good deal more theft when Toy Biz was doing the build-a-figure program with Marvel Legends.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I haven't really been keeping track of this line for the last couple of weeks, but I haven't seen any movement on store shelves recently.

Did Hasbro ever give any word about the Hammer Drones, Whiplash and the other figs?  Will they ever get released and, if not, what kind of excuse do they have for not managing this line better?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2010, 03:28 PM »
will probably be getting an answer on that this weekend - but ultimately it will be smoke blown up the ass because we all know what Hasbro will say and what is actually going to happen with the line.

on another note, in the CTR interview Hasbro said they are going to be using the Guardsman mold to make another villain - could that be used for Mandarin?  I don't know too much about his character...

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Some really cool looking stuff coming from this line by the looks of it. Theres a new 3 pack with racetrack Whiplash (thank god because no one is ever going to find the regular release.) a drone and a repainted Mark V, a basic Whiplash armor, comic series Whiplash and Mandarin. Just a shame that the glut of wave 1 stuff will probably prevent us from seeing any of this stuff. In any case, I really hope these get out there in decent numbers.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 22, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Yep, the first waves of basically nothing but different Iron Man armor totally turned me off from this line. 

The problem was obvious the first day all the figures were stocked several months ago.

Good Lord, Hasbro makes some stupid business decisions sometimes.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15 AM »
prediction - we will never see those (Mandarin) figures at retail...

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Well the sideshow pretty much proves that Hasbro is determined to kill this line dead. So many Iron Man repaints.

New 6" Iron man guys though like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium man though. Thats pretty cool I guess.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Is there a good place to check the slides out?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Well the sideshow pretty much proves that Hasbro is determined to kill this line dead. So many Iron Man repaints.

I don't care how/when the line ends as long as those gift sets get released. I'm glad that Hasbro is making some effort to make the other characters (Fury, Whiplash, Black Widow) easier to get. Hopefully the multipacks won't be too expensive. The new comic waves look pretty good, and hopefully they will actually make it to stores.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2010, 08:23 AM »
I am starting wonder/hope if in the case some of these figures do not make it to retail - such as Comic Iron Monger, Comic Whiplash, Comic Mandarin etc. - that Hasbro gets some smarts and places them in the upcomming Avengers line.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2010, 02:14 PM »
I just noticed in the slideshow that they're rebooting the Iron Man line in 2011 with new packaging and no armor cards. Wave one has the movie Whiplash armor. Perhaps theres some hope for this line after all then if it's going to have a totally different SKU. Maybe this is Hasbro's attempt to salvage it?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2010, 03:51 PM »
thats what I was thinking too - its the only hope this line has...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2010, 04:34 PM »
Such a shame too as this line is awesome. Just way too many Iron Man figures. Mind you I love to get them as I'm an IM fan, but for the masses, it's too much. They want movie figures and more villains for IM to fight.

I SO want to get those drones in all 4 flavors. Just want 8 of each as that is how many were in the movie.

Crossing fingers X
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I SO want to get those drones in all 4 flavors. Just want 8 of each as that is how many were in the movie.

It would be great if they did something like what they're doing with that Mandalorians battlepack - four Hammer drones, one of each variety, all in one battlepack. I'd be happy with picking up something like that, and I think a lot of kids would as well.

Sometimes I don't understand the mentality of "we want a single purchase to be a play pattern" - why would you care about this, there are TONS of Mark VI Iron Man figs on the pegs, if you want your kid of have a "play pattern" what better way than to pick up a $7 figure and a $23 battlepack that gets you one good guy and four bad guys for him to fight - all for $30. It's not like there is a shortage of Iron Man figs on the pegs.

Peter