Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113129 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2010, 07:17 AM »
I picked up the Armored Assault 3-pack at Target today.  It's the one that comes with Whiplash (with "new" whips), the Mark V, and the Sea Drone.  It was $19.99.
I didn't even know this set was a Target exclusive.

No luck finding this today and I visited a number of Target stores.  This line is getting more and more difficult to collect every day.

Check the DPCI (087-06-0205).
Others have had luck with it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I picked up the Armored Assault 3-pack at Target today.  It's the one that comes with Whiplash (with "new" whips), the Mark V, and the Sea Drone.  It was $19.99.
I didn't even know this set was a Target exclusive.

No luck finding this today and I visited a number of Target stores.  This line is getting more and more difficult to collect every day.

Check the DPCI (087-06-0205).
Others have had luck with it.

Thanks for the lead!  I used the DPCI and scored the set.  Although the store I got it from didn't have the pricing info in the cashier computers.  Are these being held for a promotion tied in with the DVD release?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 6, 2010, 05:25 PM »
I'm finally seeing figures like the Silver Centurion, Advanced Armor and Arctic Armor showing at retail.  And sure enough this weekend the Armored Assault 3-pack has shown up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 6, 2010, 08:02 PM »
yeah a Target I went to today did an endcap reset and this was on it with the price tag of $19.99.  I walked over to a price scanner just to see what would happen - it came up as not found or whatever.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 7, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I saw the latest Comic Series wave (Iron Monger, Silver Centurion Iron Man, Advanced Armor Iron Man, Arctic Armor Iron Man) this morning at a local Target.  So, if you're still in need of this wave, start hitting The Bullseye (if you haven't already).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 7, 2010, 04:23 PM »
oops wrong thread...
« Last Edit: September 7, 2010, 04:24 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 8, 2010, 07:14 PM »
I scored 7 of the Armored Assault sets today at my local Target. I had already won one Sea Assault drone, so this makes the 8 total I wanted.

Now, this also leaves me with 5 extra Whiplash (I'm keeping 2 of them), and 6 extra Iron Man Mark 5's.

So I'm putting them up for sale.

$7 a piece for the Whiplash
$6 a piece for the IM Mk 5
$12 a pair if you get one each of Whiplash and IM Mk 5

Shipping will be approx $2 for one fig (in a padded envelope). Of course combined shipping and it's only what I pay for shipping. You won't get gouged here.

I'm going to put up auctions on eBay for these case I just don't need the extras. So please, come get them from me first. I'd rather not use eBay. And I won't be scalping these there either. What I quoted for the price here is what they will be on eBay also. Like I said, I'm just looking to get what I paid for them.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Do the multi-packs come with stands for the figures like the individually carded figures do?

I've seen both the TRU 4-pack and the Target 3-pack, but I'm really only interested in displaying the armored characters and for consistency, I'd want the drones to have stands just like my six Iron Men, War Machine and Iron Monger....

I still contend that this line is "dead to me" - but both packs are too good to pass up. I wish the Target set had a second Sea Drone just like the TRU set has two Ground Weapons Drones (or whatever they're called).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2010, 12:41 AM »
Target finally stocked their end cap and the 3-packs were out as were some of the newer single carded figures.  That Hulk Buster Iron Man is huge, and really nice looking, but I've pretty much lost all interest in these figures.

The Drones look nice, though.  I wish I could buy a 4-pack of them, one of each military branch or however they differentiated them in the film.  I'd buy a couple 4-packs to build an army. They'd work for a few different things.

Edit -> Okay, I just checked out that TRU 4-pack on their website and that's a fantastic set!  That Nick Fury is excellent (based on a Joe mold) and it comes with two Hammer Drones and an IM version I don't have yet.  I may have to look that one up next time I'm in TRU.

E...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:21 AM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 14, 2010, 08:41 AM »
@Pete_Fett, the TRU 4 pack does not come with stands.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 23, 2010, 12:42 PM »
incase you havent seen yet, it looks like IM2 comic series wave 4 is hitting overseas.  I want all 4.  Click the link for more details.   ;D

http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?showtopic=2059031&st=0&start=0

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33 PM »
They look good, but too little too late with this line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 23, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Not too late for me with these 4.  Put them on an Iron Man 2 card, put them on a Marvel Universe card, **** put 'em in a ziploc bag.  I got $8 each for all of 'em.

Best wave yet by far.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2010, 03:13 PM »
War Machine looks pretty good - I'll get him.  The others are easy passes for me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2010, 04:48 PM »
I spotted the TRU 4-pack yesterday and almost bought it.  The Drones and Fury look great, but I saved my cash for now.

They did have a 4-way aisle display out with newer figures in it, included the first Whiplash figure I'd seen on a single card.  The Target 3-pack version looked better IMO. 

Speaking of Target, that pack is on sale for $14.99 this week and the Hall of Armor figs are $9.99.

Here's a question; I had the Hulkbuster Armor version of IM in my hands the other day and was thinking about buying it.  The package said that there's a $5 coupon for IM stuff in the package.  Anyone have on of the coupons?  Is it good on only carded figs, all Hasbro IM stuff or some other type of restriction?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"