Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113139 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #315 on: October 9, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Went to another wally and found more new figs, Hulkbuster, Enhanced Armor based on the Mark 6 then a blue-ish gray version called Arctic Armor.  Then the Silver Centurion and comic version of Iron Monger. It's intersting that the numbering on the figs lists Whiplash, and the two drones as 14, 15, 16 but they just now are shipping.
At least iron man and war machine now have villians to fight.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2010, 11:00 AM »
I opened some of my newer figures yesterday and there were a couple of surprises I thought I would share.

The Marine Drone - No real surprises here other than he comes with 2 heads.  I think it is supposed to be like blast shield up/blast shield down differences.  I bought 2 of these drones.  1 had both heads as it should the other had 2 of the blast shield up heads and only one of them had the blue paint on it - not a variant or anything, just a factory error.  I have one sporting both of the whips and the other sporting the saws.  I really like how easy it is to change the weapons on these guys along with how well they stay in place.

The Air Force Drone - I grabbed two of these as well.  I am not too keen on how the elbow articulation works on these guys due to the mold.  There was a suprise in the mold I didn't know about til I opened it - these guys have a ball joint in their wrists.  I will warn you though on both of the Drones I got these joints were froze (painted) and I had to wiggle them a bit to free them up.  1 of the wrists wouldn't come free without it feeling like I was going to break it - gonna have to try a hot water bath or something.  Also, on both of the drones I got their legs bowed outward from the knee down so they have an odd stance - will have to try somethings to correct that.  And on a final note, I really like how these guys look with the backpack/jet pack on.  Pretty snazy.  edit: I may be wrong on this, but from pics I saw at marvelousnews at NYCC it looks like the new modern war machine may also be featuring this same wrist articulation.  time will tell on that one.

Inferno Armor Iron Man - he has been out since the line started but I just got him.  His shoulder pads pop of wayyyy to easy - though he doesn't look terrible without them.  It was also kinda tough to find one of these guys with decent paint apps - mine is pretty close.

Finally Advanced Armor and Arctic Armor Iron Man - both of these overall use the same sculpt.  Iirc the only differeces in sculpting were on the shoulder pads and opened/fisted hands ie one has right hand open left hand fisted, the other version has hands sculpted the oppopsite ways.  The shoulder pads on these guys pop off pretty easy here too, the Advanced Armor having more issues than the Arctic Armor.  Another thing that I noticed in this sculpt different than the rest of the Iron Man figures from this line is the elbow joint seems a lot thinner/smaller/flimsier - but I don't think I will have any issues in the end.

On a final note - the biggest surprise in the above to figures was that they both sport the new neck articulation that is being used in the MU line in figures like SDCC Spiderman, SDCC Capt America, Colossus, Ghost Rider, etc.  Since Iron Man flies, this is a HUGE ++++ imo - every Iron Man from here out should have this form of neck articulation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:28 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 13, 2010, 03:55 PM »
I won a slew of Drones, both Weapons and Air from eBay. I wanted to be able to buy these at a store, but either they're bought up before I get to them, or some stores just aren't moving product, so they won't put out new stuff...

No matter, with the amount of drones I won, I'll only need one more Air Drone and I'll be done with them.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48 AM »
EE has a new wave posted and I dont recall some of them being discussed/shown yet:

1x Light Up War Machine
1x IM Mark V(new version)
2x Quick Change Iron Man (Mark IV to VI)
1x Hammer Drone(concept)
1x Hypervelocity Redeco
1x Deep Dive Armor
1x Shield Breaker Armor
1x War Machine Mark II
1x Inferno Armor IM
1x Space Armor IM
1x Subterannean Armor

I keep looking over and over this set and I really think most of them are yet to be seen...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:39 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Hmm, okay of these I'd say the following are new/redeco/old

1x Light Up War Machine NEW
1x IM Mark V(new version) NEW...
2x Quick Change Iron Man (Mark IV to VI) NEW
1x Hammer Drone(concept) NEW
1x Hypervelocity Redeco REDECO...
1x Deep Dive Armor OLD
1x Shield Breaker Armor NEW
1x War Machine Mark II NEW
1x Inferno Armor IM OLD
1x Space Armor IM OLD
1x Subterannean Armor NEW-ish (if it's the same paint job as the larger IM1 figs, the while the figure is new, the deco isn't)

Still, I'm a HUGE Iron Man fan and will be looking for these! (Case in point my XBOX 360 is "RM Iron Man"- RM being the abbreviation for the gaming group I belong to)
Another example is my Halo Reach Armor that I think resembles Iron Man:

I STILL need one more Air Assault drone to complete my set of drones.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 13, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I missed the Door Buster part of the sale, but still took advantage of the Kohl's 20% sale on action figures and a $10 gift card that came in the mail to pick up Air and Weapon Assault Drones today.  Total after sale and gift card was only $8.19 for two figures so I'm psyched. 

First time I've even seen them so it was a good pickup.  They had Clone Wars and Legends SW figs but no Vintage, which I went in looking for.  But I'm happy to have found these two. 

They also both had the $5 coupons so I may use them to pick up the Target 3-pack and TRU pack with Nick Fury.

Oh, by the way, I think both WM and Target have the $5 price right now on basic figures.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2010, 07:42 PM »
I got one of each drone at K-Mart today during the BOGO.  Not certain why I did since I already have 2 of each and I don't army build.  I think the reason I did was because the Marine seems like it had way more weathering/damage look than my other two did.  that is just going off memory.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 29, 2010, 02:27 PM »
I used one of the $5 coupons this weekend and finally picked up the TRU 4-pack with Fury and the two Ground Assault Droids.  Nothing particularly outstanding about the Droids, but I'm glad to have them.  Glad to have Fury, though, it's an excellent figure and the main reason I wanted the pack.  The Iron Man figure is okay, but I really didn't need/want him.

Now I just need the Target 3-pack to finish the Assault Droids and finally add a Vanko to my collection.

I think the only Iron Man figures I have any interest in are the Hulk Buster outfit just because it's cool looking, and the Holographic Iron Man from the KMart 3-pack.  Mostly beacuse I have a weakness for clear/clear-ish figures for some reason.  The Recon War Machine in that set doesn't look too bad either.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 2, 2010, 11:34 AM »
yeah, I kinda like that 3 pack from K-mart, but I dislike the price tag.  With the amount of Iron Man figures I now have in my collection I am in no hurry to grab those if I do grab them at all.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 2, 2010, 08:47 PM »
I used one of the $5 coupons this weekend and finally picked up the TRU 4-pack with Fury and the two Ground Assault Droids. 

just saw this set is going to be on sale this weekend, friday/saturday sale for $19

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 3, 2010, 12:04 AM »
I used one of the $5 coupons this weekend and finally picked up the TRU 4-pack with Fury and the two Ground Assault Droids. 

just saw this set is going to be on sale this weekend, friday/saturday sale for $19

I knew as soon as I bought it it would finally go on sale.  Oh, well.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 5, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Saw a bunch of cool drones and 3packs at Kmart this morning that I've never seen at Target or WM....Kinda makes me wish I would have hung onto this line, but I'm still good on the passing...BTGOF this week I guess...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2010, 09:26 AM »
I ordered a bunch of new IM figs from HTS last night. Even got confirmation of their shipping today!

Here's what I bought:

Item number: 20973
Item name: Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Iron Man Hot Zone Armor
Quantity: 1
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/iron-man-2-concept-series-iron-man-hot-zone-armor?BR=861&ST=SO&PG=1

Item number: 20972
Item name: Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Iron Man Mark V Stealth Armor
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/iron-man-2-concept-series-iron-man-mark-v-stealth-armor?BR=861&ST=SO&PG=2
(I really like this one due to the un-Iron Man like Black and Gold colors. Being from Pittsburgh, I'll just think of this armor as Pittsburgh sports related.)

Item number: 20970
Item name: Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Iron Man Stark Racing Armor
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/iron-man-2-concept-series-iron-man-stark-racing-armor?BR=861&ST=SO&PG=2

Item number: 20971
Item name: Iron Man 2 Concept Series: War Machine Munitions Armor
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/iron-man-2-concept-series-war-machine-munitions-armor?BR=861&ST=SO&PG=2

Item number: 21162
Item name: Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Armor Tech Iron Man Exosphere Mission
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/iron-man-2-concept-series-armor-tech-iron-man-exosphere-mission?BR=861&ST=SO&PG=1

These are all still available as of 9:25 am EST Friday 12-10-10!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2010, 11:40 AM »
Well, I got my shipment of Iron Men in last night.

here's a quick review of each:

Here's what I bought:

Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Iron Man Hot Zone Armor- This one is Red and White, instead of the traditional Red and Gold. It comes with this neat set of wings. When you attach then and open them up, IM looks somewhat insectoid, but really good at it. If you like variance in IM armor like I do, then I recommend picking this up. Otherwise, you could pass on it.

Iron Man Mark V Stealth Armor- As I stated before, I really like this one due to the un-Iron Man like Black and Gold colors. Being from Pittsburgh, I'll just think of this armor as Pittsburgh sports related. On the cardback it says something about this armor being for publicity events and just because Tony Stark thinks it looks cool. But it's still armed in csase anyone thinks to strike at him.

Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Iron Man Stark Racing Armor- I wasn't sure if I would like this one or not. Not really being a fan of corporate sponsership on things. However, this one really looks great, IMHO. It's certainly a different look/color for IM and I think it works.

Iron Man 2 Concept Series: War Machine Munitions Armor- This one I was disappointed in. Not for the paint scheme of the armor, but rather the ridiculously HUGE shoulder cannons. I'd have preferred something a bit more realistic in size in comparison. The figure itself looks great and if you hide the shoulder nubs that fit the cannons on them, then it looks great.

Iron Man 2 Concept Series: Armor Tech Iron Man Exosphere Mission- This is the deluxe set. IM is Blue and White here. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this paint scheme, but again it seems to work well for the figure.

All in all as a IM collector I'm very pleased with these new repaints.  If you're a casual fan, you can probably pass on most of these.

Hope this helps.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2010, 01:12 PM »
My four year old loves all of these unique versions of Iron Man.  Wish I could find some of the newer ones at WM as they are only $5.