Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 113120 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Funny, my son always looks at them and says, "Where's the bad guys?" and doesn't show any interest past that.

He loves Cobra troopers though, Stormtroopers and Decepticons.  I guess he's a naughty boy.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Heh, my oldest one loves army builders (mostly clones and battle droids from CW).  The aforementioned youngest?  Loves nothing but good guys (superheroes, of course).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2011, 06:16 PM »
pretty surprised to see the new concept wave is up for sale and in stock at HTS. After much debate I ordered the next wave of Joe's plus the Concept Hammer Drone
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:54 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2011, 12:33 AM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2011, 03:02 PM »
I'm not expecting to ever see these at retail.  All the stores near me seem to still have ample supply of the first few waves and I don't see those moving very fast. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2011, 09:03 PM »
I'm not expecting to ever see these at retail.  All the stores near me seem to still have ample supply of the first few waves and I don't see those moving very fast. 

The only thing that will help is if stores change things up.  For example, if Target assigns the new line different DPCIs, they can clearance out the existing figures and clear peg space for the new line.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2011, 10:24 AM »
While it is not definite, I am pretty sure that is what will happen.  Clearancing of the old to make way for the new "Armored Avenger" line.  I am just hoping Hasbro is repackaging the Mandarin wave to be included in the new line.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Was in Kohls today with my wife with the real intent to look at some bedding for a room we just finished and are setting up as a guest room. I took a side-trip over to the toys section and I was shocked to find several Ground and Air Assault Drones amongst the selection and to make it even better, they were priced at $4.39 each.

So I grabbed three Air Assault Drones to bring my total up to four and I grabbed the lone Ground Assault Drone to bring my total up to two.

In my area, these two drones have been extremely hard to come by so to find so many all in one place was kinda exciting.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2011, 11:09 AM »
It seems like my local WM got a case of this wave in Iron Man 2 Comic Action Figures Wave 3 Revision 1.  It was nice seeing Comic Iron Monger on the pegs again.

Also, all of the dust covered MK IV, and VI, and other figures had the old sticker that said $5 off coupon inside torn off and were replaced by, I would imagine a Hasbro rep went through and did it, with $1 off instantly coupons.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 30, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Well, I got 2 out of the 3 of my Hasbro free give away things in the mail and it turned out to be Iron Man 2 figures.  I didn't really need anything at all from the give away so I went out on a limb and thought maybe if i put IM2 on the list I would be sent the final wave of comic series figures....  to bad for me....

Mark 2, Mark 4, Light up Mark 6 with inaccurate movie colors, and Hypervelocity armor.

No biggie though - I will have my son give them to some kid for their birthday or toys for tots at Christmas.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 31, 2011, 02:34 AM »
It's sounding over on the Hisstank.com forum that some guys that put Joe for their first choice got skipped and their second/third choice of IM2 toys got filled.

I did 2 Joe submissions but my back-ups were Star Wars fig/vehicle and SW Transformers Crossovers on both.  I did have IM2 down as my 3rd choice behind SW fig/vehicle and Joe fig/vehicle on 3 others though.

I'm hoping now that I don't come up with any IM2 stuff since it's sounding like it's all early stuff that I don't want. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2011, 11:54 AM »
I am not 100%, but for what it is worth, I am pretty sure I put Joe stuff in my #1 spot too

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 31, 2011, 12:13 PM »
I think I already posted this somewhere, but I'm not digging for it.  Anyway, I submitted 6 total requests.  Four of them had Star Wars fig/vehicle in the 1 slot, Joe fig/vehicle 2nd and IM2 toys in 3rd. 

The other two requests had Joe fig/vehicle first.  One had Star Wars fig/vehicle 2nd and Star Wars Transformers Crossover 3rd while the other had the TF Crossover 2nd with SW fig/vehicle 3rd.

At this point, my worst case, I'd end up with all SW products, my first choice on 4 and 2nd/3rd on the other two submissions.  Since the Joe vehicles seem to be either the AWE Striker or Cobra ICE dealy, I won't be upset if I don't get either.  I have the AWE Striker and the Cobra vehicle didn't impress me that much.  Although, a couple more of the Night Fox figure from the AWE would be cool.

I did put the IM2 option for 2 iron man action figures not the deluxe or the other set.  So, at least if I do get IM2 figures, they should be single carded.  I might find something to do with them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #343 on: April 6, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Got my Concept Drone today, i think i actually like him better than the movie version.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2011, 09:04 AM »
playsaver.com is back online with some coupons for the Easter season.

$3 off any Iron Man 2 purchase as well as a bunch of other ones for all of the other various big things in the IM2 line.  I have heard people seeing IM2 figures clearanced for $3-something.  Would be pretty nice to get $3 off a clearance figure at that price.