Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112840 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2011, 09:34 AM »
what - I thought I had seen everything from NYCC - and I missed this one and I cant see the picture at work!  Will have to wait til later I guess unless someone can link me or something

oh nm - I have that one.  I got it a loooonnnnnnggggg time ago from HTS
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:52 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2011, 10:29 AM »
For real. I haven't seen a new Iron Man fig at Target or WM in roughly 18 months. No way these ever see the light of day

There's a new wave of figures that I have only seen showing up at Target stores.  It's got the Stark Racing concept armor, and a couple of other new pieces.

However, it seems that with these new figures Iron Man will be shifting to a new package design.  I guess they're about to wrap up the movie line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50 PM »
I've seen that wave at Target as well Nick - it's got a Black/Gold repaint of the Mark V/Suitcase armor and it's also got a Red/White repaint of the Concept Inferno Armor with a new (?) jetpack.

I wonder what ever happened to the updated Mark VI and War Machine figures with removeable helmets that were shown well over a year ago... We know the Nick Fury figure that was shown with them ended up in the TRU Heavy Artillery Drone set, but those two and the Black Widow figures have been total no-shows, almost like we're supposed to pretend they never existed in the first place.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2011, 05:11 PM »
There's also a red/grey War Machine variant in the new wave.  It's really not all that exciting.  But that new movie style Armored Whiplash?  I definitely want that one!

As for the disorganization and mixed messages?  Chalk it up to Hasbro's Marvel group not being totally on top of things.  At past Toy Fair collector media events they have been the group that seems a little disjointed.  As for Black Widow?  I'm kind of glad they waited.  Hasbro has generally not been all that great with female figures, but the Avengers Black Widow actually looks pretty good.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2011, 05:41 PM »
  Hasbro has generally not been all that great with female figures, but the Avengers Black Widow actually looks pretty good.

Are you not a fan of the Marvel Universe female figures?  I've been dissapointed in the paint jobs on many, but I like the overall design of most.   I do agree that Hasbro Star Wars female characters are pretty weak.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2011, 06:06 PM »
I haven't been following the Marvel Universe line.  So yeah, my frame of reference for Hasbro with female characters is based in large part on the Star Wars line.

Feedback

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 11, 2011, 12:05 PM »
I found the lone Heavy Assault Drone aka Whiplash in robot armor from the final fight between him and Im and Wm. Comes with removeable saw blades you can swap out for the bendable electro whips and two variations of drone heads. tho neither shows vanko a la the never seen/released Im and Wm with open helmets.   
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 22, 2012, 08:26 PM »
It looks like the Iron Man 3.75" figure line is back and kicking!  I found figures in the new packaging today that were first shown at NY Comic Con:

Notable movie figures?  A new electronic version of War Machine, Iron Man mk VI with removable chestplate & a carry-forward of the Mark V suit.  Most of the rest are concept armor designs.

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2012, 09:03 PM »
I have these already (I got them on ebay cheap), but where did you find them?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2012, 09:11 PM »
TRU of all places.

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21 PM »
I saw these as well at TRU and Target.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2012, 11:19 PM »
Because if there's anything we need more of at retail it's Iron Man figures.  ::)

These made it out but those First Edition Transformers Prime figs they showed at the same time are MIA/cancelled.  Hasbro's really getting the job done these days aren't they?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 1, 2012, 08:53 PM »
The Iron Man 2 figure line has probably been one of the better selling Marvel 3.75" basic figure lines.  Are we going to get plenty of different versions of Iron Man in this line?  Sure.  That's always been something that's come along with Iron Man....different versions of the suit.

The one thing that's been pretty disappointing with the Iron Man 2 line?  They should have offered more basic carded Hammer Drones as well as the Movie Whiplash armor.  I liked the Army Drone, but the only way to get that was in the TRU 4-pack with Iron Man Mk VI and Nick Fury.  And the Navy Drone was cool too, but you could only get that in the Target exclusive 3-pack with Iron Man Mk 5 and unarmored Whiplash.  This is where this line let a lot of people down.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 1, 2012, 11:54 PM »
The Iron Man 2 figure line has probably been one of the better selling Marvel 3.75" basic figure lines.  Are we going to get plenty of different versions of Iron Man in this line?  Sure.  That's always been something that's come along with Iron Man....different versions of the suit.

Do you have some inside information on this or is that just your assumption?  I've seen a lot of stores that have tons of IM sitting around and I never really saw the pegs empty.  I'd guess that the Marvel Universe has been a bigger success for them, but that's just based on limited observations in what I'm sure is a small percentage of their sales.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 2, 2012, 07:12 AM »
The Iron Man 2 line was able to pull off a 3.75" figure line with a minimum number of characters and still put out a line that was in reasonably good demand, and made it to a figure range that's gotten up into the 50's in terms of figure numbers.  Considering that the movie came out 2 years ago and the figure line still seems to be alive and kicking?  That's pretty impressive.  Especially considering that other Marvel movies like Thor and Captain America and their respective toy lines had a considerably shorter shelf-life.

Feedback