Author Topic: Iron Man 2 Toys  (Read 112856 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 2 Toys
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2012, 06:46 PM »
WOW!  It turns out that the IRON MAN - THE ARMORED AVENGER line is turning up at TJ Maxx stores, too!  I found the concept Hammer Drone and the Movie Series electronic War Machine!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 15, 2012, 08:46 PM »
WOW!  It turns out that the IRON MAN - THE ARMORED AVENGER line is turning up at TJ Maxx stores, too!  I found the concept Hammer Drone and the Movie Series electronic War Machine!

I saw some IM figures at TJ Maxx today that seemed unfamiliar. Think one of them was underground armor or something. Also saw the bad guy russian dude. Prob not the same wave but interesting nonetheless.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2012, 12:30 PM »
I saw the same thing today - unfortunately the only one I want is that Hammer Drone - they had Reactor Shift Iron Man, Light-up War Machine and a bunch of silly Concept-Series repaints...

Definitely something to keep an eye out for I guess....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 7, 2012, 12:10 AM »
Found one of the Drone figures today at a T.J. Maxx, $3 so I bought it.  Everything else was just a mix of IM armors.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2012, 06:14 PM »
posting this here since it was mostly an IM2 find:

I saw these at WM tonight.  I took one to a price scanner and the price was in the system for $25 so I thought I would check them out and see what the possibilities were.

I ended up grabbing a set that had the following in it:

Comic Mandarin
Comic War Machine
Comic Whiplash
Comic Ultimate Iron Man
Comic Iron Monger
Movie War Machine
Comic Captain America
Desert Concept Captain America

I thought it was a pretty decent set so I gave it a shot at the registers and it worked - out the door at $25 plus tax.

I could have switched figures around from other sets if I wanted to but I didn't want it to look like I was stealing or something and this set was pretty awesome as is.  All of the figures have a sticker on the bottom covering the original UPC saying that these "are not for individual sale).  The UPC for the set is on the back of the box.

ps - I probably could have even subbed in some of the Star Wars figures and it wouldn't have mattered.

So what did you all get in your sets?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2012, 09:27 AM »
here is a pic

looking at the set again I guess I should have just put this in the Avengers toys thread
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:29 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Wow, cool set!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Awesome early score! So how hard was it to swap out the figures? I'm very keen to see all the different asortments they will have for the Clone Wars set. Wonder if there will be any differentiation among the Avengers sets too...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 22, 2012, 07:16 PM »
That's a great set... I only saw 3 of those figures at retail (both Caps and comic War Machine)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2012, 09:05 PM »
here is a pic

looking at the set again I guess I should have just put this in the Avengers toys thread

Pretty awesome score!  I'm not crazy about that Desert Mission Cap, but the rest of the set makes up for that.

Also, is there any chance you could give us a closer look at that War Machine in the upper left hand corner?  I'm sure it's from the final wave of the line, but I had never seen that one at all.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2012, 03:41 PM »
Yeah that War Machine is cool with the Rhodey/Vonner head sculpt
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2012, 05:53 PM »
I noticed that unlike the Star Wars packs, the figures in these could  be "swapped" out without great difficulty...some were loose in the store.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 23, 2012, 07:16 PM »
I saw 1 of these sets in two different stores and both times one of the figures were missing. Which is weird because you can't ring them up individually. If you're going to swap out in the store, at least complete the swap BOTH ways.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Saw a few of these today. Not sure if the store started out with as many of these as they did the Star Wars sets but if they did, they were selling a lot better.  Think I saw most of the figures in the set above but maybe not the exact mix.

I did notice that they had the Warriors Three, two were in the same 8-pack, but didn't see a Sif. Anyone find her in one of these sets?

I ended up coming home with a Movie Heroes set that had all of the Wave 2 figs, which I didn't have.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2012, 08:06 PM »
I did not see her in a value pack, but a TJ Maxx had Siff like a week ago for $6...who knows if she is still there.