Author Topic: Jabba's Palace Display  (Read 7572 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Jabba's Palace Display
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:09 AM »
As I continue to perfect my Collection room I strive to create each shelf with a life of it's own. The majority of my display shelves have the shelfpaper art I created to generate the individual environment. I am very happy with the outcomes and still have much to finish. My Mos Eisly Cantina diorama/playset with lights is really the star of my collection. While I have a lot of details I have to finish on that dio there is one place I wanted to have a similar set up for - Jabbas Palace. Since 1998 I have been using the POTF2 3D cardboard display. After 12 years of it I am ready to move on now. So with that said I put my Cantina details on hold and decided to take a stab at a superior shelf display for the almighty Jabba. I was also inspired with the news of the upcoming Jabba and Throne this year. I want to greet it in style!

I took some photos to show the in progress shots to share with my fellow JDers.

Keep in mind I still have to add:
- Lights throughout the entire display including a light up spit! This will make the display!
- More paint details throughout the entire display. (More grime and wall color behind/in front the spit.)
- More structure & decoration details. (Red lights behind the spit, control panels, table/drink glasses, etc)
- Another mounted Taun-Taun head!
- Also keep in mind that I am not going for 100% floor plan accuracy as I am building this to fit on my shelf display. My Cantina is built to spec but really overhangs the Ikea Billy shelves. It will be crowded but I like it that way.

Enjoy and LMK if you have any questions. WORD!!!

In progress shots:

« Last Edit: August 3, 2010, 12:58 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: Jabba's Palace Display
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:59 AM »
That's really cool so far.  Be sure to show the 100% complete image.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Jabba's Palace Display
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:03 AM »
Everything looks great in there!  Gotta show this to my son later and see what he thinks.  Love the Taun-Taun head and your "spit" creation process.

Looking at your dio makes me see the number one character imo that needs an update is the Gam Guard.

edit:  my son thinks this "is awesome!" - his words   ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:33 PM by shmashwitdaclub »