Author Topic: Captain EO returns to Disneyland  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
  • It's for display only!
    • View Profile
Captain EO returns to Disneyland
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:20 AM »
According to the official Disneyland blog, Captain EO will return to Disneyland this Tuesday February 23rd! It's suppost to be here for a limited time. (Limited time means until Disney can figure out something else to put in the theater which could be years.)

Captain EO returns
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Captain EO returns to Disneyland
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Good, because "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" is ******* lame.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 03:41 PM »
I loved Captain EO when I was a kid!!  Wasn't it right next to Star Tours or Space Mountain?  Haven't been to Disneyland since I was 16ish or so, but would love to plan another visit especially since I have a ton of relatives in Rancho Cucamonga.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
  • It's for display only!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:16 AM »
Checked out Captain EO tonight at Disneyland. The theater was full but I didn't have to wait long to get in since the theater holds at least five hundred or more. I got there about five minutes before the show. No problem. They had the old preshow playing on the monitors. It's funny to see skinny Lucas. Disney have some new lighting effects in the back and the floor moves in time with the music. The sound was great! It was nice and loud. No water being thrown at your face but the wind effects worked. No lasers coming out of the screen or fog. Definately a better show than HISTA and should be at Disneyland for the rest of the year. 

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
  • It's for display only!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Interview with Tony Baxter posted at endorexpress.net. He hints at a few star tours items too.

www.endorexpress.net

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I remember seeing it as a kid. Wasn't too impressed. I guess they are just 'cashing' in on the death of Mr. Jackson.

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
  • It's for display only!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 06:01 PM »
I remember seeing it as a kid. Wasn't too impressed. I guess they are just 'cashing' in on the death of Mr. Jackson.

Actually its more of a capacity issue. I guess you haven't been to Disneyland for a long time but that place is packed! There is no off season anymore with low crowds. They hit capacity alot of the days of the year. This replaces a show that no one ever goes to and make use of the facility. How often do you want to see a show based on "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" ? That thing is older than most of the people on this site! They need to use the space for something and they need to appeal to the Disneygeek. Why not put an old movie in while Disney works on something more lasting? What would you rather see? Magic Journeys?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I guess you haven't been to Disneyland for a long time but that place is packed!

No, I haven't. It's been close to 20 years since I've been to the World. My parents wanted me to go this year with the rest of our family to introduce the 'next generation' of kids to it but my daughter would only be a year and a half, so she would be too small for it. Maybe in a year or two (any suggestions)?
But I suppose it has to do with location. Being in MN doesn't create many opportunities to go to FL or CA to hit a Disney park.

But I'll agree that if they are showing "Honey" movies, then bring back EO would be a big change for everyone. It would be interested to see if the movie could hold up to today's, not sure if I'll call it standards, but that it won't feel dated.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 11:03 AM »
They are cashing in on Jackson's death big time for this one.  I agree it makes more sense to do so especially if they still had that Honey I Shrunk the Audience playing there.  I am surprised to hear that thing was still playing at all.  The best thing about is they did not have to spend much money to bring it back and it will be "new" to a lot of younger people. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 08:22 PM »
I wonder if they'll be an "improvement" in the technology where Capt Eo will actually reach out and touch children in the audience inapropriately.

Too soon?
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 10:51 PM »
I wonder if they'll be an "improvement" in the technology where Capt Eo will actually reach out and touch children in the audience inapropriately.

Too soon?

Yup - too soon in my opinion even though Michael may have been freaky.  Let's wait a bit longer before we go there (again).  Last time I saw the Captian EO show was at age 8 or 9 in the good ol 80's.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Damn, I want to take a drive to Cali now just to go see it! I loved it as a kid. I wonder if i can find the fund to take a trip out next weekend.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 1, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Damn, I want to take a drive to Cali now just to go see it! I loved it as a kid. I wonder if i can find the fund to take a trip out next weekend.

It looks like there's at least something good about living in Arizona.  ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: March 1, 2010, 08:56 PM »

It looks like there's at least something good about living in Arizona.  ;)

Haha, its the only thing so far. It always so damn hot here and finding figures has no been much easier.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"