Author Topic: Are your kids clones of your younger self?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Are your kids clones of your younger self?
« on: July 17, 2003, 10:38 AM »
My son is 19 months old and all I can say is that his mannerisms and things he does totally mirror myself.  Its amazing how genes are past down.  At times it is a frightening reality with pure humor mixed right in.  Not only is he a spitting image of myself, but all those little things my parents say I did as a kid are playing out through him now.  Its like your parents always said:  "I hope your kids are just like you were."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Are your kids clones of your younger self?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 12:42 PM »
WEll, I don't recall a fondness for wearing dresses...

But sure, my daughter is 3 (39 months) and she is a riot.  She loves to rough house and throws herself all over the place.  She's very physical and loves to play outside, swings, sandbox, play structure.  Pretty much a daredevil so yeah that works.  

She's about as stubborn as her mother and fortunately looks like her too.  I can hardly wait for the teen years ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 01:02 PM »
My son Max is almost a spitting image of me when I was his age...he is going to be a ******* monster though.  He is 95-99% on all of the growth charts, NBA and the Lottery here I come baby

He is also a real daredevil, climbing everything, running and taking dives, loves to be tossed, thrown, wrestled with, and I don't think I was like that at all.  Must be my wife coming through

I should get some pictures from me mama to give a comparison :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 01:57 PM »
I don't have any kids, but I hope that my future children are clones of me.  I wouldn't want it any other way.   8)
dustrho