Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?  (Read 12374 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?
« on: March 3, 2010, 08:44 AM »
Found this over at POTF2.com.  Nice to see it coming, but as an exclusive?  Oh, well.  I want a couple for sure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Nikto Guard?
« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Yeah, I was glad to hear he will finally see the light of day. Looks like a good sculpt.

Little bummed that he is a TRU exclusive because I strongly suspect the TRU's in VA do not order these things anymore for some inexplicable reason. We have never gotten the STAP or Speeder Bike Deluxe Vehicle Fig sets and those have been out for WEEKS.

I'm planning several trips in the coming weeks to WVA, NC, and PA to try and hunt these bastards down, since we obviously won't be getting them here.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Kind of an odd exclusive IMO. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 3, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Not a big fan of exclusives, but TRU has handled theirs very well.  If this is only $10 or free witha $25 purchase, I'm all for it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Kind of an odd exclusive IMO.  

Not really when you look at the recent Joe TRU exclusives. (Bench Press, Snow Serpent, snow Doc and Snow Shipwreck)

I wish I was excited about this but I do not collect them. However this can be a great way to get the previously known as the 2010 comic pack figures that got canceled (Darth Nihil, Deliala Blue etc).
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 02:39 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2010, 04:10 PM »
Joe is a different ballgame though - this is Star Wars we're talking about.  Nikto is not a Jedi/Sith/Clone so it just seems like an odd choice to me considering past store exclusive releases.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2010, 05:52 PM »
I kind of thought that, too.  He's not much of an incentive as an exclusive, unless you get him with purchase, at which point you may not really care.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 3, 2010, 11:09 PM »
I agree, this is a rather odd choice for an exclusive when it comes to the Star Wars line, but I'd take this any day over another Clone repaint.

I'm sure this figure will be offered in the same way that Holo Grievous and Commander Ponds were - free with a $25 - $30 purchase or $10 straight up.

I'm sure Hasbro sold TRU on the fact that (a) it was a unique sculpt i.e. a NEW figure; and (b) that collectors would be interested since it was originally promised as part of that Jabba battlepack.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2010, 08:38 AM »
Wow.  I really wanted this figure when I first saw images of it. Actually, I think it's a decent idea as an exclusive, because, unlike Ponds or Grevious, I might actually buy 2 or 3.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Wow.  I really wanted this figure when I first saw images of it. Actually, I think it's a decent idea as an exclusive, because, unlike Ponds or Grevious, I might actually buy 2 or 3.

I really like this guy too - not sure why everyone is so down on him.  He is a trooper figure instead of a character - I would much rather have this than the silve R2, Holo Yoda, Holo Emperor, Holo Grievous, etc. that have come out previously IMHO.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Looks like one of the better CW figures to me, I'd like to get a few.  Love the removable helmet too.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: March 4, 2010, 12:59 PM »
Wow.  I really wanted this figure when I first saw images of it. Actually, I think it's a decent idea as an exclusive, because, unlike Ponds or Grevious, I might actually buy 2 or 3.

I really like this guy too - not sure why everyone is so down on him.  He is a trooper figure instead of a character - I would much rather have this than the silve R2, Holo Yoda, Holo Emperor, Holo Grievous, etc. that have come out previously IMHO.

I like the figure as well - I think the gripe is the figure selection for the exclusive as this amounts to a "redshirt" character for a premium price - not quite as palatable as a more recognizable character. In a perfect world, I think the exclusive should have been a Death Watch Warrior. As it stands, I think they'll have another pegwarming Ponds on their shelves.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 01:01 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 4, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Has it been confirmed that he's at a premium price?  The GI JOE exclusive figures at TRU aren't priced differently than the regular Joes...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #13 on: March 4, 2010, 09:26 PM »
I don't recall a SW exclusive figure to retail for anything below $9.99.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: March 4, 2010, 09:52 PM »
I don't recall a SW exclusive figure to retail for anything below $9.99.

Yeah, this is the kicker...  And from a perspective of possibly wanting a couple, that's some possibly ugly buying in the future if these roll out at the $9.99 like Holo Yoda, or Ponds were.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77