Author Topic: Marvel Q&A  (Read 16632 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Q&A
« on: March 4, 2010, 10:36 AM »
We are going to start participating in the Marvel Q&A...feel free to list any questions you have.  The rules for questions are fairly tight so we may editorialize a tad.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Q&A
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2010, 10:56 AM »
One of the exclusions has been bugging me - the "When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”.

Does this mean we cannot ask question like:  Have there been any developments on how the Marvel Universe Team is planning to get Ghost Rider with his bike out for fans - possibly in a deluxe format?

Or is it more to discourage questions like (not pertaining to MU here):  Cry-cry, when are you going to ever put out the variants for Hoth Rebel Soldier/ Utai / Bespin Guard that you showed us back at SDCC?

if it is the later type of question that is the exclusion then I totally understand the point of it being excluded - stuff happens - it's business.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if it's questions like my Ghost Rider one above that are to be excluded, then that sucks out all of the fun for me from the QnA's.  The sole reason I look forward to the QnA's is to look forward to possible hints at future releases of certain characters - from any line.

Final note - how does JD.com feel about posters posting the same questions on other sites?  For example, the Ghost Rider question I posted above I have already posted to be asked on Rebelscum.com  Should I not post repeat questions here?  Or is there a way that the Hasbro team helps to filter out questions so there are not repeats?

thanks in advance.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Technically, you can ask anything - you just might not get an answer is all.

It remains to be seen how "hard" the restrictions are.  Obviously they want to set some sort of guidelines to help people get 'real' answers instead of "we can't comment on Ghost Rider, wait for SDCC" or something like that for an answer.

The Star Wars team tried on a few differnt occasions to get rid of "will you make figure x" questions, but people kept asking them and eventually they relented and tried their best to asnwer them when they could.

Final note - how does JD.com feel about posters posting the same questions on other sites?  For example, the Ghost Rider question I posted above I have already posted to be asked on Rebelscum.com  Should I not post repeat questions here?  Or is there a way that the Hasbro team helps to filter out questions so there are not repeats?

There is NO filter for repeats on Hasbro's side.  If we see a question posted someplace else, we usually don't use it for that very reason that someone over there may use it and create a duplicate/wasted question.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Q1: *EDITED*  I would like to know if Hasbro thinks the Comic 2-packs have been a success given the cancellation of these in the Star Wars line.  I'm really enjoying them and wonder if they will continue beyond the Secret Wars series additional items we saw at Toy Fair.  If they will continue, any plans to offer a complete storyline like Secret Wars or will these turn to ad hoc individual comic issues that feature the two characters, but don't relate to others in that wave/assortment?

Q2: Can we get some clarity on what is being offered in the Target Hall Of Armor Light Up Exclusives?  I think it's a great concept and want to get them, but am not sure if these are all orginal figures or if they overlap with figures from the Movie or Comic basic figure lines.  Are there just three different figures or are more planned?

Q3: As a huge fan of the Avengers, I'm looking to expand my collection of past and present team members in the Marvel Universe line.  Some core characters were recently crossed off the list with Hawkeye and two versions of Thor (Yay!).  Can you tell us if/when we might see some of the other core Avengers characters?  I'm specifically interested in a full size Wasp (not the comic pack mini), Scarlet Witch, Black Knight, She-Hulk, Ares, Wonder Man, Quicksilver, Tigra, and Yellow Jacket.

« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 09:10 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Q1: I would like to know if Hasbro thinks the Comic 2-packs have been a success given the cancellation of these in the Star Wars line.  I'm really enjoying them and wonder if they will continue beyond the Secret Wars series.

At TF they showed the next several packs coming out after Secret Wars during the slide show:

Dark Avengers: Dark Wolverine & Sinister Spider-Man
  New Avengers: Sentry & Spider-Man
  X-Men: Dark Phoenix & Cyclops
  Infinity Gauntlet: Thanos & ???

pretty sure marvelousnews has pics of them.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 4, 2010, 06:14 PM »
Thanks, I fixed the question.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Thanks, I fixed the question.

np - I was wondering the same thing as what you have written now - so good question!   ;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Any chance of getting some more cosmic characters in the line (basic scale as well more in Galactus scale)?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Back during the Toy Fair presentation pictures were shown of the exclusive Marvel Universe 2 packs that are going to be sold exclusively at Target.  My question is do you know when fans can expect these in stores and approximately how much will they cost?  Also, do you have any close up pictures of the figures from these exclusives to share?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 04:36 PM »
We have a few days until the Q&A is due...any other questions people are dying to get answers to?

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Do you have any plans to release some Hammer Drones in the Iron Man 2 line? The line is severely lacking villains for Iron Man to fight and there seems to be several different drone designs.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:24 AM »
Do you have any plans to release some Hammer Drones in the Iron Man 2 line? The line is severely lacking villains for Iron Man to fight and there seems to be several different drone designs.

+1
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 05:23 PM »
any QNA's been returned yet?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Question 1:

Finding the Marvel Universe line in stores and online with single figures is becoming increasingly difficult.  I have been to several Walmart stores that no longer carry this line.  The K-Mart by me no longer has peg space for singles or Comic Packs.  I have been to a couple Target stores that no longer have regular peg space for this line - currently they have a "shelf-shipper" on an end cap - but nothing in the toy aisles for either single carded figures or comic packs.  Hasbro Toy Shop has seemingly stopped offering any of the newer waves of figures as singles and has, for the past few months at least, moved to only selling figures by the case.  My question to you is, when is this situation going to improve for the casual collectors wishing to continue collecting in this line?

Question 2:

So, I just heard about FrankenCastle today and did some research on the internet to learn more.  Any chances we will see this character in the forseeable future in the the Marvel Universe line up?
« Last Edit: September 3, 2010, 08:47 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 3, 2010, 12:13 AM »
With the upcoming Thor movie and recent emphasis on Asgard in several Marvel titles, is there any chance we will see more Asgardians in the near future?  We have only Thor and Enchantress to my knowledge, so Balder, Loki, Valkrye, Sif, Kelda, and Odin would be great additions to the line.  Any possibility of a Warriors Three multipack?