Author Topic: Hasbro GI Joe Q&A  (Read 58612 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro GI Joe Q&A
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 10:38 AM »
I don't know when QnA's are going to start happening again but I thought of one.

I just picked up my second G.I. JOE DESTRO Weapons Supplier figure and I love everything about him, especially the case full of money!  Being that Destro is always wheeling and dealing weapons making money, I think it would be a good idea to include this case full of money accessory with every Destro you make from here on out.  I wanna army build phat stacks of cash, and from what I am hearing in the collecting community other do to.  Any chance of seeing this accessory used more in the future?  It really doesn't have to be with Destro only, that suggestion just makes the most sense.

At the risk of veering way off topic, Marauders has a bunch of new briefcase accessories.  Doesn't look like any have the removable cash, but some are pretty cool.  My order hasn't arrived yet but when it does I'll update.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Not that I shop there a whole lot, but I'd be interested to know why Wal-Mart has removed Joes from the pegs.  Seems like my TRU has joined in as well as they haven't restocked in months, but there's 1 or 2 Destros hanging around.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Whoa Sprry75!  thanks for that!  those are very cool!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Hasbro,

It looks like fans are getting most of the main players in Renegades except for a couple of figures - Road Block, Mindbender, Baroness, and Destro.  Any chance we will be seeing these characters in their Renegades styling?  It would be really cool if/when you release Roadblock and Destro that they come with two heads.  Roadblock would be great with both Renegades style head complete with "mutton chops" and his standard ARAH style head, and Destro coming with with and without his Renegades style mask on - oh and feel free to give him another case or two filled with cash!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:02 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2011, 08:57 PM »
The lates round of Q&A was returned to us today...

2 of 3 sent in are back.

-Can we get more phat stacks of cash?  We want to set up a miniature Who Wants To Be A Millionaire diorama with it!

-Can we expect more consistency in headsculpts, or will there be steady new sculpts still?

All the answers to these, and absolutely nothing else, if you Click Right Here!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:58 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 07:16 AM »
cool answer to my cash question.  I can understand it being costly for them I guess since there are all the small pieces and whatnot - but I am glad to hear they will keep considering it in future releases!  Thanks for asking it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Sorry I didn't remember to update last round...  But the good news is we have this round too, already.  Maybe the fastest return of a set of questions, ever.  :o

Here's Round 9 incase you missed, where we asked about getting hard to find stuff into collector's hands, and also about re-using parts in the line.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1307503820,29646,

And here's round 10...  We asked:

-What was your criteria for choosing the toys that made sub-teams like Python Patrol back in the day?

-25th headsculpts carrying over in future figures?

-Where are those Hiss Scouts and Ashiko Cycles at!?
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1308102163,90135,

Thanks to Hasbro and Hunter PR!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2011, 10:49 AM »
Pretty decent this go around.  Always wondered about sub team selections since I was a kid so that's kinda cool to know.  I dig my Python Patrol team.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2011, 08:17 PM »
It's question time.  Got anything you want to know?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 2, 2011, 09:09 PM »
It's question time.  Got anything you want to know?

Are the Croc Master and Blowtorch variants still planned for release? If yes, when are they expected to hit retail?

Will the remaining POC Alpha vehicles be released in the US? If yes, when are they expected to hit retail ROSS?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 2, 2011, 11:22 PM »
After breaking out the USS Flagg for the SDCC display, what other goodies do the Hasbro folks get to pull out of archives and play with? Do they have one of everything, boxed and loose, in some kind of museum in Pawtucket or wherever? Basically, what else do they have from the old days, where is it all kept, when do they get to use it and for what, and when might we be able to see something like that again?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: September 5, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Whoops, forgot to update in here...

Clicky GIJ's Head!

The latest Q&A is back and we got all 3 questions answered.  Kind of nice when that happens.  Enjoy!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 04:38 PM »
A new round of Q&A posted...

Click Here To Read!

I'll say now that, due to my hectic schedule, I didn't get a set of questions in for sure for the next round.  Things were busy with me the last several months, and my phones reminder didn't exactly remind me.  ::)  Sorry about that guys.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2011, 01:31 AM »
On that first question, it seems from what was shown at NYCC we're going to get decent accessories at least through the final wave of 30th/Renegades figures.  I think the only one that changed at all was the Snake Eyes that's out now.  He was shown at the GI Joe Convention with the accessories from the comic pack that were included with SE and the Hard Master.  That's missing from the actual release.

Oh, and Scarlett was shown with some accessories at the Joe con but they weren't with her at SDCC or NYCC.  I'm not sure if Hasbro has said anything about that, or if they've been asked, but it would seem odd to take something out of her package which would really make it seem like you're getting less of a value there.  Especially when you could drop the extra head and weapon from the Law and Order set, maybe drop a a tool or two off the Techno-Viper or the second head on the Cobra Trooper to allow room in the budget for two or three more accessories for her.

Also, we did see Hasbro pull some accessories from a couple repacks, too.  Not that they were missed, but the repack of the Cobra Trooper and Iron Grenadier in wave 8 (or wave 2 of 30th) were both light at least one accessory from their wave 7 release.  The Trooper dropped the barbed wire piece and the IG was missing that folding stock rifle that the Para Viper originally came with.  Those two pieces weren't really missed, I don't think.  The barbed wire was decent for dios, but that rifle was one of the worst weapons I think Hasbro has ever cranked out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 02:27 AM »
The latest round of G.I. Joe Q&A has been posted!

-Boy Airtight really blends well with two line looks.  Was that intentional?

-That deco on the 7-pack Falcon is interesting!\

All the answers to that and nothing more await you!  :D