Author Topic: Hasbro GI Joe Q&A  (Read 58607 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro GI Joe Q&A
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Look at it as a "behind the music" episode....(I know VH1 is not as hip as whatever MTVpOd you kids watch)

Take teen sensation band "xyz"... they make TONS of money making "bubble gum" music that the fans adore and can't get enough of.... years into this, the "BAND or Performer" wants to make THEIR own kind of music, the career dies, they end up addicted to something, years later a notstalgia tour gets them out of the tent they live in under an overpass, then a reality show, then back to obscurity.

Hasbro's "TEAM" is the Band...they make tons of money on formula revamps of RAH figs in 25th style... then they decide get a chance to "Do it THEIR WAY" and we get ROC to an extent and then POC..it is Joe the way THEY want it...  next stop for them, rooming with Xavier Roberts on Celebrity Apprentice/Real World/Survivor....  next stop for us... finishing our Vintage collections.

Now that being said, I'll be all over POC, I kinda like it.  As long as Hasbro makes a RAH inspired design or Resolute figure, I think it will be ok.

IF the Network that Hasbro is working on has the Rumored Joe cartoon and it is 1/2 as good as Clone Wars, it will drive kids to the line and we will all win to an extent.

As far as keeping this QnA related... I think one of our questions is going to be about if the Movie line uses a different plastic or fusing technique, cuz even highly skilled/expert customizers (ie NOT ME) have said the torsos don't like to come apart as easily.  (I think we have 3 months till the next set is due...but that is going to be Q #1 for us..

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Some rumors have been swirling about some changes in regards to the "Pursuit of Cobra" figures.  We understand that you will no longer be using the Tatum likeness for Duke in the line and a new headsculpt was on display at Toy Fair.  However, the Zartan on display was still using the "Rise of Cobra" head with the likeness of Arnold Vosloo, yet in your slide show the "Pursuit of Cobra" Zartan was shown with more of a Resolute style headsculpt.  Which head sculpt will the "Purstuit of Cobra" Zartan be using?

Also, some collectors are thinking that the some of "Pursuit of Cobra" figures will not be coming with all of their accessories that they have been shown with in the past, is that true?  If any of the figures are losing accessories, whom might it be and what are they losing?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 03:42 AM »
I really hope they answer your second question, shmash.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2010, 07:12 AM »
Questions are due Monday, but Jesse is sending ours in today or tomorrow.

If you have burning Q's let me know.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2010, 09:02 AM »
I think my missing accessories question I posted above was adequately answered from the showing at Joe Con.  But my Zartan head style question is still up in the air imo

I am going to rewrite it a little adding what we saw at Joe Con

We understand that you will no longer be using the Tatum likeness for Duke in the P.O.C. line and a new headsculpt was on display at Toy Fair.  However, the Zartan on display at Toy Fair was still using the "Rise of Cobra" head with the likeness of Arnold Vosloo and his clothes had "desert worn" paint apps, yet in your slide show the "Pursuit of Cobra" Zartan was shown with more of a Resolute style headsculpt with very clean paint apps.  Then as recently as Joe Con he was shown on display once again with the R.O.C. style head and "desert worn" paint apps.  Which head sculpt and paint apps will the "Purstuit of Cobra" Zartan be using when he shows up at retail?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 02:05 AM »
The latest (ROund 4, for us) round of the G.I. Joe Q&A has arrived for us here at Joe Defender.  :P

What's the deal with Zartan's Head?  And what about Recondo's Skin Paintjob?

The answers you seek are in the link above, so check it out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 08:24 AM »
thanks for asking my question!  I am not certain how I feel about the Zartan head.  They didn't say anything about the difference in paint apps - so I am gonna hope that they stick with the "sand worn" deco.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Glad I bought the Zartan from ws_toys now. 'Course, that just means I'll probably buy the regular release this fall, giving me two Desert Zartans.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 12:56 PM »
I think I read a report on either Generals Joes or Hiss Tank after the Joe con where someone had actually asked a Hasbro rep and they said the Zartan head would be the Resolute version.  I guess this confirms it. 

I belive one of the Destro figures (Arctic maybe?) had still been shown with a ROC head but that will have the same or similar new head that was shown on the POC Destro with the steadygun when it comes out.  It looks like Hasbro really is going to replace every ROC head with a more generic version even if they've been recently shown off with the original film head or not.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 06:06 PM »
QnA time!

If you have one let us hear from you.  I've got one I am going to ask, but if anybody has one that fits the guidelines, post it.  We are turing ours in on Wednesday.

And Publishing them HERE so if any other site wants to ask the same quesiton they can OR they can ask NON-redundant questions.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Did we get our answers back?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Yeah, I was just being lazy.  :-X

New round of Q's and A's...  Here's the scuttlebut out of Hasbro!

-What inspires you when getting that perfect look of modern/future military gear?

-Lowlight took exactly 25 years.  Intentional?

Feel free to Check Out The Front Page for the answers, and thanks to the Hasbro crew for running the Q&A's! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 08:33 AM »
It is that time again, and I don't have any burning questions that I want to ask for myself.  Post your suggestions here. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 02:08 AM »
I'm wondering if the POC Beachhead from wave 1 was intended to come with two knives or only one?  There are two sheaths, and he was shown with two knives at the 2010 convention, but all of the reports I've seen indicate he's only been found with one.  Was this an intentional cut or an error?  If he was intended to have two knives, will we see that fixed in future waves that have him packed out again?

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 01:05 PM »
A lot of fans really like the new HISS Tank, but some are put off by the brown color.  Could you possibly clue us in on when to expect the black v5 HISS Tank at retail that you hinted at a few months back?  Perhaps what date stamp it might have or any other differences on the package that would give us a heads up?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN