Author Topic: Hasbro GI Joe Q&A  (Read 58606 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro GI Joe Q&A
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 01:59 AM »
Holy shazbot!  The latest GI Joe Q&A's got returned to us today. :)

Click on through to read all about...

-What influences the designs you run with?

-Will we see movie-designed bodies re-used anytime soon?

-What happened to the real-likeness Joes for contest winners a while back?

All that and nothing more in the latest round of sound from the Hasbro G.I. Joe team!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 05:48 PM »
Great questions - and answers!  I'm most excited about the 30th Anniversary stuff, oh and it looks like Renegades figs will not share the animated look of the toon which I'm kinda on the fence about, but good times.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 07:12 PM »
All congrats on the Q's goes to Paul.  He just uses me as the go-between with Hasbro, but he does all the Q'ing and always does a great job.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked already, but are they ever going to update Zarana or the other later Dreadnoks (Zandar, Road Pig, Thrasher, Gnawgahyde, Zanzibar, etc), or is it just going to be Zartan, Torch,Ripper, Buzzer and Monkeywrench?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 09:15 AM »
All congrats on the Q's goes to Paul.  He just uses me as the go-between with Hasbro, but he does all the Q'ing and always does a great job.

Oh, I'd love to take Credit for those questions.   I call Alyosha the day before questions are due and say, I really want to ask "this" and because of his contacts in the industry and with the Hasbro Team, he gives me better questions and then re-writes the ones I really want to know so that it has a better chance of getting answered. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2010, 03:38 PM »
The latest round of Joe questions have been posted on our front page guys...

-More celebs?

-More international stuff?

Question #1's still awaiting an answer, so we'll get that up on the front page asap.

Check it out!

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 11:48 PM »
The latest round of Joe questions have been posted on our front page guys...

-More celebs?

-More international stuff?

Question #1's still awaiting an answer, so we'll get that up on the front page asap.

Check it out!

Regarding question #2, wasn't Rowdy Roddy Piper added just a few years ago? Sgt Slaughter and Refrigerator Perry were 80's figures but I belive Hot Rod came out not too long ago. I still want that Rocky Balboa figure. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2010, 11:57 PM »
They did Roddy Piper as a con figure 3 years ago.  I'm not sure if he was ever a basic figure prior to that, but I don't think so.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Disappointed to hear that Slaughter will not be re-released.  Never did like the original answer about them reissuing him (just didn't sit right for some reason) , but looks like it's time to pony up on eBay for him now.   ::)

....But it sounds like we're getting a healthy dose of 25th style Joes next year so I will forgive them.   :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:51 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 01:44 AM »
Question #1 (the one we didn't get answered) is back and posted, so check it out on our front page, www.JediDefender.com!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 5, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I don't know when QnA's are going to start happening again but I thought of one.

I just picked up my second G.I. JOE DESTRO Weapons Supplier figure and I love everything about him, especially the case full of money!  Being that Destro is always wheeling and dealing weapons making money, I think it would be a good idea to include this case full of money accessory with every Destro you make from here on out.  I wanna army build phat stacks of cash, and from what I am hearing in the collecting community other do to.  Any chance of seeing this accessory used more in the future?  It really doesn't have to be with Destro only, that suggestion just makes the most sense.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 5, 2011, 09:03 PM »
I don't know what kind of response that would get, but I agree, the suitcase of cash is one of the best accessories ever.  I'd love a couple more.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Just saw that the next deadline for these is March 21st.  I hope we are still doing these here.  If you are looking for questions to submit please see mine above   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 08:40 PM »
We are still doing them...  We've not locked in our Q's for Monday but I'll keep  yours in the pile Smash.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 09:10 PM »
cool - I dont really care if you do end up going with mine or not - just glad to hear we will still be doing this