Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 1  (Read 19823 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 1
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2007, 06:13 PM »
Is the DC Super Heroes Mr. Freeze the same as the one that came out in the Batman line a year or 2 earlier.

It sure looks like it.  But I can't say for sure as I haven't seen anything but pics of the more recent carded version.  I have the older one (variant too) and it's going to be the one I stick with.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2007, 06:16 PM »
Is the DC Super Heroes Mr. Freeze the same as the one that came out in the Batman line a year or 2 earlier.

It sure looks like it.  But I can't say for sure as I haven't seen anything but pics of the more recent carded version.  I have the older one (variant too) and it's going to be the one I stick with.

Thanks for the info. In my quest to collect this line and limit my backtracking to the Super Powers characters, i need to find a Mr. Freeze.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 1, 2008, 12:23 PM »
I found a set of these last night at the Coon Rapids/Riverdale Target in Minnesota.  I was only going to buy Batman and Orion but I ended up buying the rest too.  Very cool figures.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2008, 12:24 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 1, 2008, 04:03 PM »
I found a set of these last night at the Coon Rapids/Riverdale Target in Minnesota.  I was only going to buy Batman and Orion but I ended up buying the rest too.  Very cool figures.

Saw the whole set at the Crystal, MN Target a few days ago as well, but nothing in the wave worth buying for me.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 2, 2008, 09:07 AM »
For those who have seen them, what's the price point on these?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 2, 2008, 09:29 AM »
$10 at Target...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: January 4, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Found Series 1 at Target today...first thoughts...me likey :)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 4, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Picked up series 1 today.  I have no expectation of them coming to Canada, so I paid WAY too much for them from a local comic shop.  But I've always been a big DC guy, so that's alright.  I have to say, on the whole they look better then the initial pictures that I had seen for them.

Question for anyone who has been collecting these from the prior line (and has the new ones).  How do the other figures fit in with these in terms of looks and scale?  I was very interested in the luthor, robot braniac and darkseid when they came out (last year?), but wasn't interested enough to try tracking them down.  Now that I've got this wave however...

So if anyone can comment on how they look, or better yet post a pic, it would be appreciated.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 5, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Can't help you out bud, don't have the new stuff.  But I do have lots of the old stuff.   :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 7, 2008, 09:40 AM »
I found my first DCUC figure this weekend, the Penguin (at Target).  He was actually the one I was looking forward to the most in this wave, and I look forward to adding him to the "Batman" shelf.  Looking at some of the recent villains though (Penguin, Catwoman, Clayface, Two Face), I think we could really use an all-new Joker in this line eventually.  No signs of any of the rest of this wave, but hopefully they'll start showing up soon.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: January 7, 2008, 10:33 AM »
I still need a Two-Face & Supergirl in blue (and a Mr. Freeze but i doubt thats still on the pegs anywhere), so if anyone sees them try to think of me.

As for the Classics, i saw empty pegs for them at Target. No sign of the figures yet.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2008, 10:42 AM by evenflow »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 9, 2008, 03:59 PM »
I stopped by Target today during lunch and they had the first wave on the pegs.  I picked up the Batman and Orion, and grabbed Penguin at a different store last weekend.  I was tempted to grab the other two, and might do that yet, we'll see.  So close to the BAF, it gets more tempting.  ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2008, 09:31 PM »
I got my case in, so i have an extra Batman if anyone is interested.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 12:46 PM »
I was just reading through some of the Mattel Q and A's from around the web (posted on 1/15), and Mattel does confirm that Wal-Mart is not currently ordering the DCU Classics line.  I know we've heard that before, but just wanted to pass along the confirmation.  Yet another reason to avoid shopping there :P.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Heh.  Yeah, maybe, maybe not.  The only retailer in Canada carrying DC Classics IS Walmart.  $12.95 up here and the second they put them out, they're gone.  So US Walmarts might not be ordering them, but Canadian Walmarts are for now.  Yeah, I know, that's little help to you guys, but I was shocked to see them up here at all.