Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 3  (Read 10921 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wave 3
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:24 AM »
It looks like Mattel has officially announced Series 3 of DCU Classics on the Fwoosh, which will be shown in the Dec 12 ToyFare.  Here's the lineup (BAF courtesy of Action Figure Insider:

Robin (Tim Drake)
Nightwing
Sinestro
Deathstroke
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

BAF Solomon Grundy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 3
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:38 AM »
I found this wave at the Target in Grand Forks, ND earlier today.  I didn't buy the Catwoman figure as it was scaled too small.  It was well done, but just wouldn't mesh and I think I have a similar version already that's a little larger.  I might regret that.  I did grab the Clayface which seemed about the largest figure of the bunch.  Overall the rest of the figures were nice, but scaled on the low side, seeming more 5" than the larger 6" they're supposed to be.  Was hoping to stumble into the Cassandra Cain Batgirl/Two-face wave as I don't have any figures of either of those two characters, but no luck there.

Scaled too small compared to Marvel Legends or other DC stuff?  I have found DC to be slightly larger than the ML stuff, but she seems to fit in well with my other Legends figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Scaled too small with other DC stuff.  Though that's really a silly argument in certain respects since it's all over the place with exactly zero consistency.  But it seemed small even for the DC line it comes from. 

Posted previously:

Yeah, it might have actually fit kinda well with some of the other DC stuff like the Long Halloween Catwoman or Batgirl/Joker from the Unmasked series.  Obviously not well with the gargantuan Alex Ross stuff.  But yes with Marvel Legends Scaled stuff. 

So I guess the perspective issue is mine and only relative when compared to the DC Direct stuff that is freaking huge :o  OK, so a day later I regret not picking it up. ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:12 AM »
It looks like Mattel has officially announced Series 3 of DCU Classics on the Fwoosh, which will be shown in the Dec 12 ToyFare.

Sinestro
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Cool.  ;D

Since DCD is doing a new Sinestro Corps version, I'm hoping that the Mattel version is the classic black/blue outfit so I can retire this old DCD monstrosity...

As for Hal, I will buy him no matter which/what version he is... :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:58 PM »
I might pick up Green Lantern if he's readily available.  Wouldn't be opposed to a good version of Green Arrow either.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:23 PM »
If i were to start buying the new waves with the BAF how much backtracking is there with earlier waves?  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I don't think any of the BAF waves are physically in stores yet Dan.  BBTS had a pre-order up for the first wave (s?) only a month or so ago, so you're not missing out anything yet BAF-wise. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 04:26 PM »
No, no BAF waves in stores yet - it sounds like the first wave of DCU Classics (with Metamorpho BAF) might hit around Christmas, or early '08.  As far as what has come before that, its been the DC Superheroes line, consisting of Superman and Batman's respective worlds.  Lots of Supes and Bats, some repackaged characters from the Batman comic line (Nightwing, Robin, Joker), and some new baddies/supporting characters (such as Clayface, Two Face, Catwoman, Azrael, Luthor, Darkseid, Mongul, Bizarro, Brainiac, Steel, Supergirl, Batgirl, etc.).

This line is shaping up to be pretty nice the way it looks.  At first I thought I might be all in on these, but with Indy Jones on the way next year and Hasbro saying we'll have a Star Wars lineup similar to this year (yikes), that's going to be enough to keep up on (alongside Marvel figures for me).  I know I'll pick up the main leaguers/characters (Flash, GL, Green Arrow, WW, Hawkman, Aquaman, etc.), and it would be nice to have a good mix of baddies to go alongside them.  We'll see.  There's already some BAFs (Grodd, Grundy) that I want, but I don't necessarily need the entire waves ::).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Thanks for the info. I like these but dont know if i can support another line. How do the Sup/Batman line look standing next to Marvel Legends?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:55 PM by evenflow »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 12:11 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is anyone seeing the Two Face figure around lately?  I know it (and that wave in general) has been kind of a tough find, but I haven't ever seen Two Face here.  I've seen the Clayface/Nightwing/Catwoman wave a few times at Target now, but they skipped this wave (and WM doesn't seem to carry these anymore, at least not currently).  This is the one figure I still need to get this year, and I'm hoping more show up through the holidays, but I was just curious if anyone else has been seeing them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 01:19 PM »
I'm missing that one too Brian.  Afraid I'm no help though, as TRU is our only store carrying them and they repeatedly get the Superman/Supergirl/Bizarro wave time and time again. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is anyone seeing the Two Face figure around lately?  I know it (and that wave in general) has been kind of a tough find, but I haven't ever seen Two Face here.  I've seen the Clayface/Nightwing/Catwoman wave a few times at Target now, but they skipped this wave (and WM doesn't seem to carry these anymore, at least not currently).  This is the one figure I still need to get this year, and I'm hoping more show up through the holidays, but I was just curious if anyone else has been seeing them.

HAven't been looking for that one, but all DCSH figs are pretty rare at the Targets in Mpls.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Looks like someone has posted scans of the premiere pics of Wave 3 on these forums.  Check 'em out while they're still up.  This wave includes:

Nightwing
Robin
Deathstroke
Green Lantern (Hal)
Sinestro
Grundy BAF

They look pretty spiffy.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 11:43 AM »
They do look very good.  ;D I really like the Grundy face sculpt.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 07:02 PM »
I just saw pics of Nightwing, Robin, Sinestro and Hal and I'm having very serious thoughts about starting this line.  I come close everytime I see the black and grey Bats, Catwoman, Joker and Clayface and manage not to cave in. 

Somebody talk me out of it.
Common sense isn't so common