Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wave 2  (Read 8878 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wave 2
« on: August 10, 2007, 01:29 PM »
WIZARD has pics up of DCU Classics Series 2:

Red Tornado (plus classic variant)
Firestorm (plus classic variant)
Superman Blue (plus Red variant)
Harley Quinn
Black Manta
Aquaman (plus modern variant)
BAF Gorilla Grodd!

They look great to me, and I might just have to pick up the whole wave to get that Grodd.  Looking good.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2010, 02:44 PM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Wave 2
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:17 AM »
DCUC Wave 2 "in package" pictures at the linky, they look pretty nice.  Looking forward to Quinn and Aquaman the most out of this wave, personally.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:53 AM »
DCUC Wave 2 "in package" pictures at the linky, they look pretty nice.  Looking forward to Quinn and Aquaman the most out of this wave, personally.

Thanks for the pics.  Figs look nice, but I'm skipping this line until W3 Green Lantern hits.  If anyone needs the Lantern BAF piece, let me know.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:21 AM »
Well I think I'm pretty much commited to this line - for now at least.  Picked up wave 1 and loved it, and the next two look even better.  I'm really hoping that the classic Firestorm is the regular one.  Firestorm #12 was the first comic I ever bought (85 or 86?), so I'm pretty excited about the prospect of a classic figure.  Couldn't care less about the new one though. 

I'm in the same boat as a few other people though.  Seeing this line makes me want a few of the other line.  Big wants on the list are Darkseid, Braniac and Luthor.  As Brent said, they never made it to his and my end of the woods, so I've never seen them.  If anyone has extras kicking around let me know.  If not, one of these days I'll hunt them down.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Wanna cheap Firestorm from a different series? ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:23 PM »
I was just looking through some pics, and saw this one at The Fwoosh showing the DCUC Wave 2 and 3 lineup.  Just a nice pic of everything together, and gives a nice idea of scale, etc.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Wave 2 has been found on the West Coast

Might be a while before my **** ass state gets them, but I'm looking forward to them.  That electric Supes BAF piece shouldn't be too hard to come by since both the blue and red Supes comes with the same piece.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Mikey.  I'll be on the lookout as well, although I doubt they'll hit here anytime soon either.  I was tempted to order a set of this wave online, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.  It sometimes seems easier with the DC (Mattel) stuff to just order online, but hopefully the DCUC distribution will be better.  I'm starting to see the Series 1 figures a little more regularly now, or at least some of them.  I've really been jazzed about this line lately, it just seems well done from the figures I have or have seen so far.  Some of the best stuff we've seen out of Mattel in quite some time at least.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Is Walmart US still not carrying these?  Just curious, because the only non-comic shop Canadian retailer carrying them is Walmart.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 09:00 AM »
No, Wal-Mart isn't carrying these here yet.  From what I've read, it sounds like they're going to "wait and see" how it does at other retailers first.  Around here, they haven't really carried much DC stuff for awhile.  They carried very little of the DCSH line (clearancing Bizarros at one point), haven't had JLU stuff for years, and sporadically carry the "The Batman" line (I think that's all they have right now).  Other than that, its only when a movie comes out it seems.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 09:47 AM »
It's fairly similar up here and I was quite surprised to see them carrying them.  They carried all of one case of DCSH at one of our six stores  ::) and nothing but.  Mind you I can't blame them since the only shipment that ever arrived north of the border of DCSH was the Superman/Bizzaro/Supergirl wave.  I saw the Azrael wave once and thankfully snapped up the Azrael figure.  The rest of that stuff has been absurd to find. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Wave 1 seems to be restocking around here again, and I broke down and picked up Etrigan at TRU yesterday.  I like the character fine, and was just one "piece" away from completing the Metamorpho BAF, so I went ahead and picked it up.  I didn't originally intend to go completist with this line, but so far - at least through the first three waves - its looking like I might be.  Stoopid Grodd and Grundy BAFs to thank for that :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 09:51 AM »
What is the retail price on these in the US again? 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15 AM »
TRU and Target here each have them at $9.99.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31 AM »
Thanks Brian.  Walmart up here is selling them for $12.92 or something like that.  It's actually getting quite frustrating to see the discrepancies in pricing.  I know you guys have had to endure some significant price jumps in the last couple of years (ML for example) but for us it's been hard watching the Canadian dollar equalize and then pass the US greenbuck.  Our prices have remained stable and still higher than your stuff.  I was hoping we might see some equalization but I guess the only way that's happened is not having our prices go up.  Still, Marvel Legends at $14.95 and the DC stuff $3 more at major retailers is frustrating.  Same for Star Wars as Walmart up here just jacked prices by $1 to $9.44.  Blech.  No wonder my interest in toys is waning.