Author Topic: DC Universe Classics Wishlists  (Read 8381 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics Wishlists
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Since it seems quite a few of us here are interested in this line, or have even transitioned into these from Marvel Legends, I was wondering if it might be fun to post some "Top 10" lists after seeing what's coming from the DCUC line for the rest of this year (or at least most of it).  What are you "most wanted" figures after what we've seen is already on the way?

There is still a lot to see obviously, since the line is just beginning, but here's ten off the top of my head that I'd really like to see done:

1. The Flash (Wally or Barry - or both)
2. Green Arrow
3. Zatanna
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Black Canary
6. New Joker
7. The Question (Vic Sage)
8. Poison Ivy
9. Dr. Fate
10. Captain Marvel

Lots of Others: Poison Ivy, Beast Boy, Alfred the Butler, Commissioner Gordon, Starfire, Ra's Al Ghul, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Vigilante, Kalibak, more Batman villains, etc.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:07 PM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:06 PM »

1. The Flash (Wally or Barry - or both)
2. Green Arrow
3. Zatanna
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Black Canary
6. New Joker
7. The Question (Vic Sage)
8. Poison Ivy
9. Dr. Fate
10. Captain Marvel

That's a good list Brian.  My dilemma is that I own a large number of those figures already from other DC lines and some are very, very nice figures.  Not as well articulated as this line is, but still very well done sculpts that are painted well too.  Of your list, the only figures I DON'T own are Flash/Question/Dr. Fate/Cap Marvel.  There is a nice Dr. Fate out there already too.  So I'm not sure I'll be in on your wishlist or not.  I'm not as much a DC guy either, so the number of characters I'm itching for is pretty small.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:04 PM »
I was just over at the Fwoosh forums and see that there has been a nice visual checklist posted by one of the members (Christophe).  Its kind of nifty if anyone is interested:  HERE.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Even though a lot of the action figure trends seem to be going smaller (which I usually prefer), I have to say I'm still pretty psyched about the DCUC line after seeing all that is coming up this weekend.  Within a year or so of the line, they'll have covered my top three DC characters (Batman, Nightwing, Flash) and a lot of other favorites.  Hopefully others like Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, the Question, etc. will be on the way soon too.  Anyways, still really digging this line, and it sounds like Wave 3 is supposed to be hitting in a week and a half (according to Mattel at SDCC).  The Infinite Heroes stuff is still tempting though too, with the affordability, big universe/depth of characters, and display space being a big concern these days for me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2008, 04:17 PM »
The Fwoosh has their current "Top 10" list for DCUC up now.  I can't remember if this is the first one they have done or not, but I was surprised not to see someone like Green Arrow on that list.  That being said, I think, even with trying to be a little bit "choosier" about this line, I'd pick up about every figure on that list (MM, Zatanna, Ras, Joker, Ivy, Huntress, and Cheetah would be definite buys for me).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #5 on: October 9, 2008, 07:44 AM »
That's like the fourth time they ran those lists, Brian.  You didn't see any characters like Green Arrow, Black Canary, etc. because they're A/B list and we know they're coming eventually.  Fwoosh told everyone that and that Mattel wants to see our C-Z list characters that we want made.  I can't remember exactly who I voted for, but I know I left GA, BC, MM and the more well GLs off the list strictly for that reason.  My votes were more along the lines of Gentleman Ghost (although a resculpted Joker was my first want).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #6 on: October 9, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Thanks Mikey, I kind of figured that's why they (like GA) weren't on the list.  Wouldn't Joker and even maybe Martian Manhunter be considered A/B list though?  No big deal, I don't care either way, but I do like the list(s) overall.  Hopefully we'll see a number of those in the line next year.