Author Topic: Marvel Legends Wave 5  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends Wave 5
« on: July 9, 2003, 09:17 AM »
Just thought I'd bump this up now that Wave V has been officially confirmed (I expect pics next week at SDCC)

• Colossus
  • Red Skull
  • Nick Fury
  • Sabretooth
  • Blade II
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Silver Surfer with Howard the Duck
Colossus will the be the first one I buy when these start hitting stores.  I've always been a fan of the gentle Russkie and his appearance was one of the many highlights of X2, IMO.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2010, 09:15 AM by Scott »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1 on: July 9, 2003, 09:23 AM »
I saw this lineup yesterday as well, over at AFTimes (Julius Marx's column).  He also has an FAQ about Marvel Legends that is kind of a good read if you have the time.  Glad to hear about this lineup being confirmed, and Howard the Duck is definitely a surprise.  Can't wait to see pics next week, really looking forward to Colossus as well.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2 on: July 9, 2003, 10:51 PM »
Howard the Duck?  Geddouttatown :o  Does it come with a Beverly accessory?

Any suggestion as to what the chase figure is?  Not like I'm likely to find it the way they've been "thinning" the numbers lately.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 08:46 AM »
Wave V descriptions

Descriptions of wave V and pics of Howard the Duck and Silver Surfer.  Looks like Red Skull will be the chase fig - ala Goliath but in larger numbers.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 02:13 PM »
Red SKull a chase figure? Damnation.
I did find Elektra today, but no Goliath to be found, which really doesn't suck, because I don't want that figure anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 04:28 PM »
I been wanting to pick up a few Marvel Legends... I almost got Punisher but I just hate the white boots... Maybe Sabretooth or Colossus will be my first.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 08:40 PM »
I don't collect this line, but I'd think making Red Skull a chase figure would be damaging to it.  Exclusives and chase figures are gutting lines like MOTU, Muppets, Simpsons, etc.  Not smart at all.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 11:19 PM »
WEll, they create a lot of interest amongst a certain segment that's for sure.  Being a McFarlane collector it would be sort of hypocritical if I crapped all over the idea but essentially, yeah, you're right.  

The McFarlane release dates around here are nightmares.  Swearing, shoving and fisticuffs are regular occurrences, moreso with football due to the limited numbers we see up north, but also occurs for hockey.  It is severely turning off retailers and most of our Walmarts won't carry anything but hockey.  A few carry football and only one or two carry baseball and basketball.  Variants - whoosh - gone in a second, everything else sits.  

I thought the Marvel Legends chase figures were handled well with gold Ironman and Doombot.  Not overly plentiful but enough that the price never went through the roof.  No Mask Wolverine is a farce.  $300 on ebay :o  Thank you, no.  $30 yes.  Seemingly so far Goliath is leaning this way.  

Same fiasco that the comic book guys went through.  If you want to kill the market, this is the way to do it.  Anyone sitting on these chase pieces for anything other than posterity would be well advised to get rid of them now while they're still worth something.  Don't believe me?  Anyone remember Valiant comics? ;)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 11:25 AM »
I just started my Legends collection. I ended up getting Gambit as he's my favorite Mutant. Im really excited for Colossus and Sabertooth.

The only Marvel Legend figure I don't really like is the Thing his head seems too small for some reason.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2003, 11:50 AM »
Even in some of the comic books, the Thing's head is too small.  For some reason the older figures are also like that, head too small.  I'm not sure why.

Like the Unleashed line though I think these things look awful in the package in most cases.  They look so much better when set free.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 08:54 AM »
Here's some news.  No pics yet, but anxiously awaiting

COMIC CON NEWS!!- PREVIEW NIGHT
JLoJM 80.2 Comic Con Supplement
Posted 7/16 8:15

OK gang. I’ve got two of the best information gathers on the web working for me this weekend. SDComics and the Toy Detective are on the case right now at Comic Con International 2003 preview night and have called in with the following reports:

TOY BIZ
I guess the biggest news to me is X2: X-men United series III !! Everything I had heard from Toy Biz was that wave II was the end for the movie line. This looks like it may not be….
The figures have not arrived yet but there are place card holders at the Diamond booth for:
Logan
Colossus
Lady Deathstrike
NightCrawler in X-men Uniform

Again no figures displayed yet but here is the rundown of the newly announced X-Men and Hulk Classics lines:

X-MEN CLASSICS Wave 1
Jim Lee Cyclops
Xtreme X-Men Gambit
Tiger Stripe Wolverine
New X-men Frank Quitely shirtless Wolverine

HULK CLASSICS WAVE 1
Abomination
Smart Hulk
Mr. Fixit
Savage Hulk

Here’s a bit of info on Marvel Legends wave V
Wave 5 Legends

Sabretooth

Mr. Fantastic- Blue outfit with black belt boots and gloves. Extra hands- One shaped like a mallet and is a giant hand with bendy fingers. This will attach at the pop-off glove swivel. The “bathtub” fantasticar is his base. Sculpted by Phil Rameriz.

Nick Fury- WITH CIGAR! And a S.H.I.E.L.D. rocket pack is his base. When he’s attacked to the base he is flying.

Blade II- removable glasses, several weapons. Looks like the same headsculpt as the 12” Blade II.

Colossus- In his classic red and yellow outfit. He’ s HUGE! Comes with a trashed Sentinel torso as the base.

Silver Surfer w/Howard the Duck- Same as we sow at Toy Fair, but shinier.

Red Skull (chase)- The head is the “mask” style Red Skull. You can see the fleshy-bits around the eyes. Looks like he in a military dress uniform. Gray pants, black jacket/dublet, black shoes and black gloves.

12” Marvel Studios
X2 Hugh Jackman Wolverine.

Marvel Select
Ultimate Wolverine (sculpt arriving tomorrow)
Classic Green Goblin (recreating the cover of Amazing Spiderman #39) With the unmasked Peter Parker hanging upside down from the glider!

From Julius Marx.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 04:22 PM »
Ahh here we go!

ADC's Legends Pics

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2003, 04:33 PM »
Maybe not, their site is down :'(  Colossus looks amazing!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 04:42 PM »
I noticed that their site has been having troubles too, thanks for the heads up though OCB.  The few pictures I have been able to get in there and see look great.  Can't wait to see more!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 05:21 PM »
More...hypnotic...pics...in...Mikey's....sig......blfffffrrrrrrrrtttttthhhh :o

Oh yeah, ML stuff.  I like archangel.  That looks pretty neat.  Was hoping for pics of Red Skull, he who will tick off the Cap fans no end if he's as available as no mask wolvie has proven to be.  

BTW, what's up with spiderman classics?  Where's the new stuff.  Even the non-classic stuff.  Anyone grabbed Morbius or Doc Ock? ???