Author Topic: Adventure Team - 3.75"  (Read 13730 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Team - 3.75"
« Reply #15 on: March 9, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Plus, as tight ast 1:18 Headgear is, it would rub off pretty quick...

Funny how our language filter thinks "*******" is dirty....

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Lanny posted file card pictures and a product picture over at the club forum.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Now we just need a 1:18 scale white tiger and pygmy gorilla.....

This line is the best thing the club has done (in concept so far) in a long time!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 03:19 PM »
Adventure Team figures and vehicle pictures up at gijoeclub.com

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I'm getting more excited for these with each picture.  My only worry is how much they're going to cost.  I'll probably buy one or two at the con and then spread the others out over a couple of months.  I'd definitely want to get all three sets.

I'd almost like to buy two each so tha I could leave the figures carded, but that could get expensive.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30 PM »
These are going to be expensive.  The fancy packaging definitely doesn't help the price.  I bet these are going to be $60 a set.  The Blades/HAWK Copter was $28 at the 2009 Joecon but they were loose in a bag.  These are going to be like $25 for carded figure + $25 for vehicle and $10 packaging.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 09:45 AM »
I am trying to keep from looking at old 1:6 scale AT stuff (to get an idea what a certain custom parts shop needs to make) because I am have a weakness for those things.

But, it would be really cool to have some of those Lanard or Chap Mei vehicles in Yellow...

And 8 ropes of danger in 1:18 scale....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 04:00 PM »
I've shyed away from this exclusive stuff for a long time - especially since not getting back into Joe until 07, but this stuff looks pretty nifty.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 11:38 PM »
These are going to be expensive.  The fancy packaging definitely doesn't help the price.  I bet these are going to be $60 a set.  The Blades/HAWK Copter was $28 at the 2009 Joecon but they were loose in a bag.  These are going to be like $25 for carded figure + $25 for vehicle and $10 packaging.

I'd be surprised if they're that much.  I don't think they're going to be as limited as the Blades/Chopper was plus they've had a hard time selling out the M.O.T.H. sets and they're only like $25 for two figures. 

I'm hoping for a $35 price tag or less but I'm betting $45-ish.  If they're more, I won't buy any of them.  The 12" exclusive figures, non-talking, have been in the $40 range and they include boxes and outfits.  We'll see in a few days I guess.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 05:11 PM »
AT sets up for preorder over at the club store.  They are a lot cheaper than I expected.  $34.99 for each of the 2 vehicle sets and $44.99 for the Dr Venom set.  1200 of each set according to Lanny at the Club forum.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2118

http://www.gijoeclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2117

http://www.gijoeclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2116
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 05:17 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Pre-Ordered mine...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Nice!  That's what I was hoping for.  I'm going to pre-order the Commander and Venom pack and then next month order another plus pick one up at the convention.

It surprises me that the Venom pack is more expensive but I guess with the figure and the accessory it pushes it up.  Still, the Land Adventurer comes with the ATV and the weapon crate.

E...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Not bad but I don't have the bubba for even one at the moment.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 12:37 AM »
I pre-ordered the Commander/Venom 2-pack and have had it for a while, but I finally got around to ordering my second set, Land Adventurer w/ ATV.  I put in an order for some stuff they had on their latest sale so I figured I'd get this se to help break up the shipping.

It's a nice set.  The ATV looks decent and has two crates of weapons with it.  The figure has a good looking paint job and plenty of accessories as well.  Haven't opened him yet (haven't opened Commander/Venom either) but I think I will get around to it at some point.

I was also in Walmart today and found one of the 1:18 scale Hummers that they sell, the Adventure sets with the boats, campers, animals and such.  It was on clearance for only $6 and it's the yellow version with a red kayak so I picked it up.  Took a few of the stickers off and it's a great looking AT vehicle.  Just need to see if I can find some AT stickers or get some of those water slide decals that you can print on to give it a few finishing touches. 

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 07:01 PM »
When the Club had their sale at the end of 2012, I finally ordered up the Air and Sea Adventurer sets.  Got around to opening them today and they're pretty good sets.  I like the Helicopter from the AA set, it has some cool features and is a good size.

I was more impressed with the Mini-Sub from the Sea Adventurer set.  I never owned the Mantis vehicle but it's got plenty of action features, it's quite large, and it holds the 25th/30th figures really well.  I'm pretty happy to have them and they complete my set.

I also have an extra Land Adventurer w/ 6 Wheel ATV set but I don't need another so was wondering if anyone here wanted it before I took it to eBay?  PM me if interested.

E...