Community > Joe Defender

GI Joe Convention

(1/10) > >>

efranks:
Anyone here going to the GI Joe con in Rhode Island this year?  I'm going!  It'll be the first one I've been able to attend.

When I lived in York, PA I thought I was going to have the chance to go when it was in DC in 1999, but the weekend landed on August 1st and my job wouldn't let me off that weekend since it was our monthly billing cycle.

Anyway, sent in my registration yesterday and booked a room.  I'm getting the 12" Return to Spy Island set but this was the second time I was tempted to get the 3.75"  set (the other being the 2008 set).

I'm psyched because it's close, but the final thing that sold me was the Hasbro tour that's being offered on Friday which, hopefully, I didn't wait too long to register for.  They're doing 500 people for the tour but 100 of those will get in by lottery, according to the website, while the others are on a first come basis.

E... 

spiderpumpkin:
I hoping to go but I'm not sure yet.  Probably going to wait until the last minute to send in my registration fax like last year.

I'm up in the air because I'm driving to the Canadian Joecon in August and not sure if I want to make 2 long trips.  After going to Hamilton last year I don't want to miss the one in Toronto this year.

I've been to every US Joecon since 2005 because once you go to one you are hooked.  It's fun to hang out with other fans, buy toys and travel.  The seminars are one of my favorite things.  Seeing and asking questions of Larry Hama and the 80s creators is the best.

spiderpumpkin:
Hope everyone going to the convention has fun.  Unfortunately I won't make it this year.  Not enough funds to make the long journey but if it was closer I would go for sure even without much money.

efranks:
I can't be the only one from the JD forums going, can I?  Anyone else?

E...

Ben:
I should have gone last year when it was in Kansas City. RI is too faraway, especailly when I'm going to Vegas the week after. There needs to be a Joe or Star Wars con in Vegas sometime.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version