Author Topic: GI Joe Convention  (Read 13652 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Convention
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2010, 06:18 PM »
Two of the films that were shown during the film fest on Friday night at the con are now online.

The first is 40 Years of Adventure

The second is Dr. Jones: Toy Therapist

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Received my 12" Henchman and it looks cool on shelf.  I wish the logo on the suit wasn't just a sticker.  It's already coming loose and over time dust will make it worse.  The same thing is true with the other Club AT logos which are just stickers. 

Finally caved on the con 3pk but I went the ebay route and got it for 58 shipped which a lot cheaper than club pricing with shipping. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 3, 2010, 12:31 PM »
I never really responded to this earlier, but thanks for the great coverage of the Con efranks!  Some of the stuff on the way (particularly next year), looks great.  Can't wait for Low Light, and the Snake Eyes looks really cool as well.  I hope we continue to see some more of the 25th type figured sprinkled in the line from now on.  I'm really hoping for some of the others like Sci Fi (always one of my favorites), Lifeline, and some of the others from that "era" of Joes.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 3, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I was hoping to get a Dial-Tone figure, not the female kitbash from the TRU set but classic version.  Lifeline would be a cool figure to do as well.

It was kind of interesting to me what figures Hasbro picked for the 25th/ME line and what ones they left out.  Like, no Lifeline or Dial-Tone but they did the red suited Cobra diver, for example.  Plus all the dozens of repaints that were kind of unnecessary since Hasbro was already re-using parts to get new figures anyway.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"