Author Topic: NFL Off-Season 2010  (Read 19557 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2010
« on: March 6, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Bears signed Peppers and Chester Taylor yesterday. . .Ravens got what they needed most - a new WR in Boldin.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
NFL Off-Season 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2010, 10:24 AM »
It's too bad the Bears couldn't have gotten Boldin.  They needed a top WR vs. a 4th TE... I suspect that Olsen or Clark will be gone by month's end...  The Bears also need some Offensive Line help.  It's great that they now have another quality running back, but if the line can't sustain a block for more than a second, it doesn't matter how good the RB is.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
NFL Off-Season 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2010, 11:28 AM »
I was telling a Bears fan at work yesterday...Taylor is good and at what they got him for he was probably alright but he isn't on the good side of 30

Giving Peppers all of that money is a bigger head scratcher.  The guy is Moss on Defense.  Guy at work was as giddy yesterday as he was last year and I kept saying..."Jay Cutler"...he got pissed. >:D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Off-Season 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 6, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I don't know if it's the line as much as it is Forte's speed - we'll see.  My guess is Taylor gets a majority of the carries next season. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2010, 03:42 PM »
I kept saying..."Jay Cutler"...he got pissed. >:D

LOL!  I said the same thing to our resident Bears fan last week.  Even Malcolm, the only Lions fan I have ever met, was laughing at him.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 6, 2010, 04:06 PM »
As a Bears fan, I was on the Cutler bandwagon when he arrived in Chicago.  I can honestly say that I got tired of the interceptions about a quarter of the way through the season, but by the end of the season the interceptions didn't surprise me any more, it actually became an expected part of every game.  I was pretty happy with the fact that he threw 27 touchdowns during the season since he didn't have a full off-season to work with the Bears 'receivers' (I put that in quotes because they don't really have any legitimate receiving threats).  Considering he threw so many interceptions in the red-zone, he could have had a bunch more touchdown.

If he's able to get a line that can block (like he had in Denver) and some receivers that can catch passes on a regular basis (especially the ones that are right in their hands), I fully expect his stats to go back up.  However, with the most recent activity in Chicago, neither of those two things are going to happen.  Even with the entire off-season to work with his 'receivers', it won't help him out if he's still sacked/rushed/hurried/knocked-down as much as he was last season.

And BTW, am I the only person in the country that thinks his helmet is too far down on his forehead to actually be able to see clearly down field?!  That ALONE could help reduce his interceptions by half! ::)
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 6, 2010, 04:08 PM »
How can you live in God's Country and still root for the Bears?  You should be tarred, feathered, and banned from cheese.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 6, 2010, 04:15 PM »
How can you live in God's Country and still root for the Bears?  You should be tarred, feathered, and banned from cheese.

Because I was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago...  I'm an uprooted IL resident who ended up in WI and lives in an area that has more people who are originally from IL living near him than Wisconsinites...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 6, 2010, 04:30 PM »

Because I was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago...  I'm an uprooted IL resident who ended up in WI and lives in an area that has more people who are originally from IL living near him than Wisconsinites...

Those are ridiculous excuses.  Heathen.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 9, 2010, 09:28 AM »
They were talking about the Vikings interest in LT on our local sports radio station today. I can't say I'd be against it, but I don't know if I can deal with having to listen to him whining about things all the time.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Well you won't have to, LT signed a 2 year deal with the Jets
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 11:00 PM »
The bigger story from this signing?  Whether or not the NY sports writers are actually going to call him LT.  Which in and of itself is ridiculous.  But that's the NY sports writers for you.

This is a band-aid signing for the Jets.  They really need a young RB that can develop in tandem with Mark Sanchez.  Tomlinson is going to be 31 this spring, and the magic number for running backs has been 30 for as long as I can recall.  And his past two years have been lackluster.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Young RB?  What's wrong with the second year back in Greene?  Washington is no slouch either - pretty sure he's younger than 30.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Are they going to develop into elite 1200 yard + RB's?  That remains to be seen.  But even though I'm a Giants fan, Rex Ryan has made the Jets somewhat worth watching.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 01:30 AM »
Ooooh, and the Bucs haven't done ****.

The owners are stretched too thin with Manchester United and it shows.  2-14 here we come.