Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196084 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 1, 2007, 02:17 AM »
Just saw them earlier today.  I'm still in!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #106 on: March 1, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Damn.  Every time I see more pics I want these even more...  :-[

Those 5 look just as fantastic as the others.  Must resist...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #107 on: March 1, 2007, 10:49 AM »
Thanks for posting that pic Reid, these continue to look great.  I'm probably still in on these as well, although I probably shouldn't be :).  For awhile I thought about just getting the first two 5 packs, but I know I'll want that v2 Snake Eyes, Flint, and the hooded Cobra Commander.  Heck, I probably will want them all to be honest.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #108 on: March 1, 2007, 10:52 AM »
I was hoping for more from Flint...but it is still a very  good likeness.  I can't even tell they used the DUKE mold for most of it.  I think the removable straps/harnesses really make mold re-use a non-issue for some of these.

V2 of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and CC are good.  I would have preferred different characters, but I am happy with these.

Cobra Officer...nice change up on the accessories, but he really needs an AK..or a Krink or something.  I also think the Soldier needs a  more "battle rifle" weapon too, but I'll take em.

I am ok with re-use also since back when I got my first Joes (in 1982) they all re-used parts...so if they took Snake Eyes V1 and made the original 13 out of him...I'd be ok with it.

Based on what we saw at Toy Fair, I will say the helmets for the Cobra Soldier/Officer will be removable, but the Rep there said that was still up in the air.

I am beyond in on these...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #109 on: March 1, 2007, 10:11 PM »
I love flint...  Riot gun, webbing...  Seems his beret's stuck on him though and that's a little disappointing.  I think Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are a slight overkill.  Cool, no doubt, but they should've left original SS as-is, and did a hybrid of the 2 SE figures since his original figure is great because it's how he originally looked but his 2nd figure was how most remember him since that's how he looked in the toons...  One of each of those characters would've been nice, and slipping in 2 others in their place would've been preferred, at least by me.

Cool nonetheless, and I'm really teetering on buying these.  I feel sure I'll at least get Flint, SE's, and SS's and pass on the others simply out of necessity.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #110 on: March 1, 2007, 10:38 PM »
I like that Cobra Commander a lot better. I'm buying each and every one of these.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #111 on: March 7, 2007, 10:10 AM »
TNI has some more detailed pics from Hasbro of the next five Joe figures (Snake Eyes v2, Storm Shadow v2, Hooded Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer, and Flint).  These look pretty nice, I'm really looking forward to this line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2007, 11:23 AM »
I see BBTS has preorders up for the two 5 packs, if anyone is interested.  Looks like about $27.99 for each, or $54.99 for the set of two if I remember right.  I wonder how difficult these will be to find this summer.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2007, 02:57 PM »
At the GI Joe show here in Dallas this weekend, I got to seem some Awesome customs.

I also talked a bit with Brian Savage of Collector's Club...looks like this years Con Exclusive will be 25th Anniv themed, but will be in the Old RAH sculpts.  At least that is the plan this far. He did add that, subject to mold availability...I guess the factory in China/Hong Kong is not as forthcoming with information as one would like...

If you collect the 12 in Vintage or Modern Versions...the Club Exclusive "Snow Joe" was there for display, looked neat..also the Green Beret set was there for show and tell as well.

The 3 3/4 inch MOTH exclusives were all there for sale as well.  I snagged all 4.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Wave 1 looks to be:

Storm Shadow
Snake Eyes (w/ wolf)
Flint
Cobra Commander (Hooded)
Cobra Officer

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2007, 07:22 PM »
The Breakdown of this case really is funny....

Snake Eyes x3
Storm Shadow x2
Cobra Commander x1
Cobra Officer X1
Flint X1

Unless Cobra Soldier is in Wave 2 to army build...I was going to stock up on Officers...I guess Snake Eyes V2 will be my Cobra Army.

Can you imagine if Duke was in this wave too?  I don't think 8 figures per case could hold them.....

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35 PM »
To me the ideal case assortment is...

Snake Eyes x2
Storm Shadow x2
Cobra Commander x1
Cobra Officer X2
Flint X1

Pretty much Storm Shadow is the only one that interests me in this wave...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2007, 11:57 PM »
G.I.Joe 3.75" Continues In 2008 And Hasbro Q&A Sessions Coming

Great news. I hope that the stuff beyond the 25th line is a neat as what we've seen already.   :)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2007, 03:13 PM »
ToyTraderz.com will be taking part in the bi-weekly Q&A, so please come by and ask your questions!  Given our relatively small member base up to now, the odds of getting your questions answered are quite good.  ;)

Hasbro G. I. Joe Q&A at ToyTraderz

John

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Went to Hot Topic today, and was surprised to see they had some of the Land Adventurer 12"ers. I finally picked one up, as well as an awesome blue Cobra t-shirt. It has the Cobra sigil on it as big as your chest. It's great.  :)