Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196049 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Yeah, me too. Once a snake, always a snake.  :)

It'll be hard to resist the desire to take these outside and play with them in the mud. My roommate will be all "dude, you're 26, WTF are you doing?" and I won't have an answer.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2007, 12:03 AM »
2007 SDCC exclusive:

Pimp Daddy Destro

Whew. I was afraid it was going to be something I actually wanted to buy. If offered the chance, I'd buy one of these, but I won't go out of my way for it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #137 on: May 2, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Didn't know which of the two threads to post this in, but it looks like full length episodes of GI Joe & Transformers will be available on the internet through Joost who owns Kazaa.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #138 on: May 3, 2007, 11:53 AM »
I see that BBTS has a preorder listing up for a third 5 pack, another Cobra-themed one (no pics yet).  Here's who they list for the 5 pack:

Cobra Commander (Battle Dress)
Storm Shadow (Dragon)
Cobra Stinger Driver
Cobra Air Trooper
Cobra (The Enemy)

From the Q and A's I've read, it sounds like this "new style" is the direction going forward for the Joe line.  I'm not sure how far I'll get into this line, but I'm definitely looking forward to picking some (or most) of these up.  It really brings back fond memories of Joe from when I was growing up.  Hopefully the line does well, it seems like there is a lot of excitement around it so far.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #139 on: May 4, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Carded Flint

I really hope this is just a goofed-up packaged sample. He doesn't have the gloved hands.  >:(
A minor nit in an otherwise awesome line.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #140 on: May 4, 2007, 11:12 AM »
Forgot to paint his hands??

I'm sure Lady Jaye likes being manhandled with those leather gloves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2007, 12:50 PM »
I see someone posted a new advertisement (from Lee's or ToyFare) over on the TNI forums, I thought it looked kind of cool.  I noticed a different ad showing the vintage Snake Eyes and the new 25th Ann. one on opposite pages (I think it might have been in ToyFare).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2007, 01:09 PM »
That ad looks fantasssssssssssstic!!  ;D

Question for all of you who are diving back into this whole GI Joe thing....Are any of you planning on army building with the Cobra Troopers??  I've grabbed 2 of every clone/trooper but I might bend the rule and pick up a few extras of these guys.

Also....Are any of you in fear of going backwards to start all over on a new line of toys with the vintage stuff?  I know I've been tempted ever since I saw the first image of the new StormShadow..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2007, 08:49 PM »
I so getting these, I just pre-ordered the two Boxed Sets at BBTS.

Sweet !!!!

Hey, Ben what is this Cobra Set - it was listed has Cobra Set # 2 a pre-order at BBTS

Cobra Commander (Battle Dress), Storm Shadow (Dragon), Cobra Stinger Driver, Cobra Air Trooper, Cobra (the Enemy)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:50 PM by Darth Rock »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2007, 11:12 PM »
That's the third 5 pack and the second Cobra set.  I don't think there's pics yet.  You pre-ordered them already?  Another one bites the dust.   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2007, 01:13 AM »
I'm pretty sure that pack is just repaints. If it's repaints of this 25th Ann. stuff or earlier RAH stuff isn't clearly known, but Hasbro spent a lot of money on these 25th molds, so I'm thinking the safe bet is repaints of those.

A lot of Cobra vehicle drivers in the early days were just repainted from the Cobra Officer/Soldier mold. Take for instance the Viper Glider Pilot and the Stinger driver.

But I'm not sure what the hey a Cobra Commander in Battle Dress is supposed to look like. I suppose it'll be one of the CC molds with a cape or something.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:08 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2007, 02:02 AM »
That ad looks fantasssssssssssstic!!  ;D

Question for all of you who are diving back into this whole GI Joe thing....Are any of you planning on army building with the Cobra Troopers??  I've grabbed 2 of every clone/trooper but I might bend the rule and pick up a few extras of these guys.

Also....Are any of you in fear of going backwards to start all over on a new line of toys with the vintage stuff?  I know I've been tempted ever since I saw the first image of the new StormShadow..

I'd army build with the Troopers, if the big H in their infinite wisdom hadn't put that one in the boxed set. Then the Officer ships in either 1x or 2x per case, and since people are nuts for army building just about everything these days, I doubt I will. I was always more fond of the Viper anyway, so I bought myself two Viper Pits to avoid this catastrophe. Plus, more money for TF movie toys for me.

I've been chipping away at my vintage collection since the RAH Collection came out in 2000. I'm still missing a lot of heavy hitters from 1985, but I do have most of the early 82-84 that I want, as well as most of the 86-89 lines. I still have a few must-gets, like Bazooka, Hit & Run, and Alpine to get before the Joe market goes up again. Right now, you can get complete vintage Joes for a song just about anywhere, even ebay.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2007, 02:14 AM »
Pimp Daddy Destro, MOC and PICS OF THE BACK OF THE CARDS!

Boys, I think we're getting Beach Head, Lady Jaye, Serpentor, Buzzer, Firefly, Stalker, and Zartan in this line! Judging by those blanked-out pics, anyway. I've spent a lot of time poring over old Joe card art in my day, so I think those guesses are pretty close.

Man, Beach Head and Serpentor. My five-year-old self is SO giddy with glee right now. (I was five in 1986, and those were two of my three favorite Joes.)  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2007, 02:27 AM »
A scale shot from hisstank.com concerning the 25th Scarlett vs. some previous RAH figures.

Clicky

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2007, 07:40 AM »

2nd row L to R - Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Buzzer, Serpentor, Cobra Trooper (must be putting them on a single card)

3rd row L to R - Firefly, ?, Stalker, Shipwreck, Zartan

Nice assortment.  Looking forward to seeing new pics.
Common sense isn't so common