Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196067 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2007, 08:59 PM »
Has anybody seen pics of the 5 packs in the packaging yet?  I was gonna forward to some folks to keep an eye out for them...

Also what is the street date for these?  They haven't even shown up on Ebay in Hong Kong or Australia yet, so it could be later rather than sooner.

Fortunately these are scheduled to hit during the re-pack and prequel waves of TAC...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #166 on: June 1, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Here's some pics of what the 5 packs are supposed to look like.  I'm really looking forward to this line, hopefully it starts popping up before too long.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #167 on: June 1, 2007, 09:40 AM »
I just read on the TNI forums that it sounds like the next wave of 5 single packs will be the following:

Lady Jaye
Beachhead
Buzzer
Cobra Trooper
Serpentor

We had those guessed from the cardback, but it does sound like this is the next wave after the two 5 packs and wave 1 of the single packs.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2007, 09:40 AM by Brian »

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #168 on: June 1, 2007, 12:03 PM »
I just read on the TNI forums that it sounds like the next wave of 5 single packs will be the following:

Lady Jaye
Beachhead
Buzzer
Cobra Trooper
Serpentor

We had those guessed from the cardback, but it does sound like this is the next wave after the two 5 packs and wave 1 of the single packs.

Nice on the Serpentor! I've actually been watching a couple of complete vintage ones with the chariot on Ebay lately...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #169 on: June 1, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Alright, Serpentor in the second wave! Boo-yah.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #170 on: June 2, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Wave 2 looks much better than the first IMO. I'll pick up Serpy and maybe Buzzer.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #171 on: June 2, 2007, 11:17 PM »
An interview with the Hasbro team confirmed that Wave 2 and beyond were going feature different parts than the 5 packs and Wave 1. 

That's good news.  But I'd still like them to take that Snake Eyes V1 body and do as many of the Original 13 as possible....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #172 on: June 6, 2007, 02:36 PM »
This thread at Hisstank.com has pics of the upcoming 25th Ann. 5 packs with the flap open, looks pretty cool.  I can't wait for these to start shipping.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #173 on: June 6, 2007, 03:27 PM »
I'm not to thrilled with the box or the layout myself - this coming from a carded/boxed SW collector's POV.  The filecards and the lil music thing is a really nice touch though.  The artwork on the back of the box so brings me back to my childhood.  I just really want to get my paws on the figures already!  I guess we have about another month to wait on these.  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2007, 04:27 PM »
YoJoe.com is running a feature now, showcasing one of the 25th Anniversary figures each day for the next couple weeks, from what I understand.  First up is the Hooded Cobra Commander (they've also done Scarlett previously I think), and there will be another new one tomorrow.  I've also read that these have started showing up in the Philippines, so it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Edit: Here's the Scarlett review.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 04:31 PM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I'm a little dissapointed that they're coming on foil cards as I've been really looking foward to tearing into these guys  >:(

Again, SW carded collector here so this puts me in another financial "bad spot" as I'm probably now going to have to pick up one of each of the carded figs.  At least they're not that much taller than the vintage stuff, but it does make me wonder how they would incorporate some of the vintage vehicles with these taller figures- if they even go that route.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2007, 09:33 AM »
YoJoe.com now has their first look/review of Duke from the 25th Ann. line up.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2007, 02:09 AM »
The 2007 GI Joe Convention brochure and order form are now up at gijoeclub.com.  Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait. 

They are going to have a 25th Anniversary set with an arctic theme including Sgt. Clutch, Doc (female), Sgt. Flash, Grunt, Rock ‘N Roll, Sparks, Sgt. Zap, Lt. Claymore, COBRA Officer (female) & COBRA Trooper (female). 

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/atlanta/joe07brochure.cfm

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2007, 10:18 AM »
YoJoe.com's next review is up - Storm Shadow v2 (single carded version).

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2007, 03:33 PM »
I'm going to the Convention.  Is anybody else  here going?  I'd like to meet any fellow SW/Joe collectors.

I have to extend my stay...I foolishly thought that since it was Advertised as Thursday through Sunday that we would be able to hit the sales floor...oh I don't know...THURSDAY, but since it will not be open till Friday afternoon, I am extending till Saturday Afternoon... oh well, hopefully it is far enough out the ticket change won't kill me.

I am liking the 25th Still....I just wish it would hit either Retail or Ebay...the anticipation is not as fun in my old age.