Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196051 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1695 on: December 8, 2008, 03:00 PM »
I noticed the same thing on the Airborne and Eel I got from HTS.

Picked up a new Zartan at Target today.  I hope there's more different to him than that midget swamp skiff thing that comes with the Zartan from the forthcoming five pack or I will be pissed at myself.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1696 on: December 8, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Prepare to be PO'ed.  The one in the 5 pack looks to just be a recolor of the same figure with partially translucent armour. 

BTW, Paul is the best EVAR!  Grabbed me a case of wv 13, with the very cool new Dukey-pants in it!  You RAWK!
« Last Edit: December 8, 2008, 04:05 PM by Alyosha »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1697 on: December 8, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is the Blowtorch wave (Wave 13?) the last new wave (other than Resolute stuff) prior to the movie stuff starting up?  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've been trying to wind down on this line, and I've been a little out of the loop with the latest stuff.  The most recent wave I've seen at retail is Trakker/Pilot Scarlett/etc., has Blowtorch shown up as well?  Really looking forward to that figure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1698 on: December 8, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Prepare to be PO'ed.  The one in the 5 pack looks to just be a recolor of the same figure with partially translucent armour. 

What are we talking about here?

Just out of curiosity, is the Blowtorch wave (Wave 13?) the last new wave (other than Resolute stuff) prior to the movie stuff starting up?

Good question.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1699 on: December 8, 2008, 04:22 PM »
The new Cobra 5 pack has a Zartan with Clear-ish chest plate is what I believe Alyosha is referring to...

There are more RAH based figures that are due between now and the movie, but I think if you are wanting to put the wraps on that portion of the line, you will not have to wait past May.

There are a couple waves for 2009 before Movie and Resolute stuff replaces what we have at this point, then assuming the line survives the X-Men 4 look of the movie, Classic Characters will be back..  Much like we've seen with Star Wars.  They will go all movie and "Just off screen" movie from Mid-2009 Til Christmas/Chanukah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Holiday/Boxing Day...

It will be a mix of Resolute/Classic till the Movie Stuff.. So you will want to skip buying by the case.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1700 on: December 8, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Here's the new five pack Zartan:

Here's the one I bought today:

Hmmmm...I kind of like the all black chest plate better...but I definitely like the worn look to his shoulder thingies from the five pack.  But if it turns out the five pack is more translucent than pink, I'll be very bitter.

All I really want out of that five pack is the new Baroness.  The Storm Shadow's okay, but the Viper will only make me hate the ones I've already got, and I've already got more Cobra Commanders than I do Snake Eyeses.

Damn you Hasbro!  Your profit comes at the expense of my suffering!

Or something like that....
« Last Edit: December 8, 2008, 05:15 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1701 on: December 10, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Wondering when the Conquest and Rattler will be clearanced out.  Sad...Very sad to see that they're not selling well at any MN Target.  Doesn't leave much hope for the larger jets/vehicles.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1702 on: December 10, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Weird that they haven't sold well there.  Most Target's have one of each on the shelf pretty much everywhere, but are not stockpiled with them.  I'd consider it a pretty successful sell through.

On a sidenote, got in the latest comic packs today (BORING, and the Sting Raider & Ghost Hawk today.  Very good stuff.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1703 on: December 11, 2008, 12:11 AM »
The planes didn't sell well here either.  I think when they first got put out there was one of each.  Those sold out but I'm not sure any have moved since then.  If they clearance out I might pick one up but have passed till now due to price, space and the fact I'm not collecting the full line.

I just missed out on the wave with Mutt and Scarlett at WM the other night.  Haven't been back since Monday so I don't know if they've restocked.  I'm really only interested in Mutt so I'll pick him up if I see him.  Target is loaded down with either old cases or new cases of old releases...either way, it sucks.

Oh, almost forgot; the Ultimate GI Joe Battle Packs?  Not moving.  Maybe 1 or 2 from my store and that's about it.  The SW UBPs disappeared, though, and one of those two was **** compared to the other and the Joe set.  It must be the hippie Liberal town I live in.  Fantasy war, ok.  Real world, bad.

E...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 12:13 AM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1704 on: December 11, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Oh, almost forgot; the Ultimate GI Joe Battle Packs?  Not moving.  Maybe 1 or 2 from my store and that's about it.  The SW UBPs disappeared, though, and one of those two was **** compared to the other and the Joe set.  It must be the hippie Liberal town I live in.  Fantasy war, ok.  Real world, bad.

I've seen the same thing here.  It seems, at least so far, that the Joe packs aren't moving.  I'm sure that will change once they hit clearance (I'll probably give them another look then too), but it seems like the same ones are on the endcap at each of our local Targets.  I think they are keeping the SW UBPs from hitting the floor as well, since they are on a display with the Falcon (which is usually sold out now) and the Clone Wars BPs and helmets.

The jets seem to be sitting here too, although not en masse.  It seems like some have sold, but they're never difficult to find.  Honestly, the Joe stuff in general has been sitting a bit more lately it seems.  It was impossible to find 25th figures for the first few waves, but that hasn't been as much of an issue lately.  They are still selling, but just not as fast.  The price increase may have something to do with that too.  The DVD packs, and to a lesser extent the vehicle packs, really seem to be sitting at this point as well.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1705 on: December 11, 2008, 10:08 AM »
The $15 range of vehicles has been moving through my Target pretty well.  Walmart isn't carrying them locally, they only have the single figures, comics and DVD Battle Packs.

Unfortunately, after the first round of DVD BPs sold through, they're now sitting at both WM and Target so we've seen nothing but the first wave.  I'm doubting we'll see the rest on shelves here so I'll probably have to order them online.

One question on the sets for anyone that's picked them up; I see where Dusty didn't have his web gear in some sets.  Anyone know if he's missing them in all sets or does he have it in some?  The Q&A answer from Hasbro on that one wasn't very clear.  Matter of fact, their answers to the GI Joe questions were freakin' terrible this last time around, but that's a different issue.  I'm just wondering about Dusty because I'd rather have him complete than missing something and ordering online is a crap shoot vs picking him up in stores.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1706 on: December 11, 2008, 10:37 AM »
I see where Dusty didn't have his web gear in some sets.  Anyone know if he's missing them in all sets or does he have it in some?

What is this web gear that everyone keeps talking about - on other sites?  I got mine a month or so ago and didn't think there was anything missing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1707 on: December 11, 2008, 03:25 PM »
The removable suspenders/belts on the Cobra soldiers is "Web Gear", more or less.  I am guessing Dusty came with, and without a set of straps that can come off like the cobra troopers and things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1708 on: December 11, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Picked up the 5th DVD set at Walmart yesterday, just need to open it and my MASS device will be complete.   :)

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with my GI JOE collecting.  I'm trying to make some room in my collection room for this stuff to be on display.  All I've been doing so far is opening figures and putting them in a box. 

But two weeks ago, I purchased a complete Schleich castle for just $40.00.  This is a great price on something like this, and I hope to be able to turn it into some sort of Cobra castle at some point (like in the first Joe comic).  I'd like to fill it with classic figures that remind me of the era from 1982-1985.

I really don't know when I'll actually get around to it, but I hope I get to.  And if that UBP goes on clearance, I might pick it up.  But only for the Destro, Steeler and Grand Slam figures... the rest I'm sure I'd trade.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1709 on: December 11, 2008, 06:37 PM »
And if that UBP goes on clearance, I might pick it up.  But only for the Destro, Steeler and Grand Slam figures... the rest I'm sure I'd trade.

I'm pretty sure they're inching closer and closer to clearance everyday now, but Destro?  Really?