Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196786 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23 PM »
I also saw on some of the Joe Sites that the rumor/speculation is that they will be 5 packs.  But that list of figures is 4 Joes and 6 Cobras .... Odd.

I was really hoping for the Original 13 in this new style...even more so now that I saw Storm Shadow.

If they did 82-87 like this, I'd probably buy them all...even Crystal Ball.

Zartan and all the Dreaknoks like this and I would have to find some 1:18 Harleys....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 10:35 PM »
New Serpentor? Sign me up.  :) But I'm taking that list with a big grain of salt- I'm surprised a Duke isn't listed in the first wave.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 02:29 AM »
Most of that list seems like a no-brainer.  So, real or not it's good speculation.  I'd be in for Snake Eyes, Beachhead and Lady Jaye off that list.

Duke is almost guaranteed as are, I would think, Stalker, Scarlet and Destro.  Zartan, Firefly, Baroness, maybe Rock-N-Roll? 

I don't know but I'm anxious to find out! 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 02:39 AM »
Firefly is, was, and always will be my favorite Cobra so I hope he gets a damn skippy figure...  Lots of gear would be sweet since he always seemed like his pack should have removable bits.

I see the knees seem to be the double-jointed style used on the Army of Darkness...  I'm surprised they didn't adopt ball/sockets like Star Wars though, I find them to be superior personally, but still that's a fun looking toy...  God I miss my childhood.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30 AM »
From what I've read, it sounds like there will be a new one posted every day this week - and also Hasbro's site says that the Stormshadow is the first of 10 previews, so hopefully that list above is accurate.  I'd really like to see what they do with Snake Eyes.  Sure, he's the one it seems like everyone likes, but I can't help it, he was my favorite as a kid too :).  Like others have mentioned, I really don't need more stuff to buy, but this is going to be awfully tempting.  Like Jesse mentioned, this really brings back memories of my childhood too.  Star Wars, Marvel Comics, and GI Joe, and MOTU were the big ones for me, and I always thought the Joe line was so much fun with all of the characters, vehicles, playsets, etc.  Those were the good days, when playsets and vehicles were almost as much a part of the line as the figures were (especially for SW and Joe).  Between a friend of mine and myself, I think we had almost everything from the Joe line in the 82-85 timeframe (he had most of it, actually), and I have a lot of fond memories of the Real American Hero from back then :).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:58 AM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Firefly was my favorite as well.  I loved everything, the outfit, accessories, the mystery behind the character.  My favorite Joe was Gung-Ho but I also liked Airborne and Recondo a lot.

I even liked Duke back then but lately I'm getting tired of seeing him on the pegs in the Sigma 6 line...he's the Vader of the new Joe line, overdone.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Not unexpected:

I'm still not 100% sure if these have O rings or a different type of hip articulation.  They do look to be at least as good as an O ring if not better...possibly using the ball joints more like the 12" Joe or 8" ML figures?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics efranks.  Another great figure there from the looks of things, and this line is really starting to reel me in.  I'll have to see Snake Eyes before I decide for sure, but I'm leaning that way now.  Nice to see a Duke figure, he was my first GI Joe figure when I was a kid, so I have fond memories of the v1 Duke.  So far, these first two figures look amazing though.  Tough to tell with the hip artic, like you mentioned, but it does look to be well articulated either way.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Meh....Not too excited about Duke.  I never really did like his character as a kid and I still wish they would have killed him off in the movie like they were supposed to.  Storm Shadow still has me very intrigued though.

When are these expected to hit and will they be at retail or online only??
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:26 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Ok, I am still in.....they probably won't lose me till they do neon colors or Sigma Suits.

And I would accept figures like Bar B Que, who was originally orange.  I mean that later years, like 89 and later (which is when they lost me the first time).

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Duke looks OK. Just not a fan of his character.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 01:38 AM »
Is the scale specified on these?  Are they definitely 3.75"?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 03:59 AM »
The newest new sculpt figures look cool but they won't fit in with the old sculpt figures.  However, they look a lot better then many of the 2002-2006 new sculpt figures.  I'm not sure of the size or how these are packaged but many people hope they are like the Star Wars VOTC figures.  However, I also heard they may be sold as 5-Packs with 2 initially.  These look a lot like super articulated/votc Star Wars figures.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Is the scale specified on these?  Are they definitely 3.75"?

According to Hasbro's official announcement, they will indeed by 3 3/4" - so that's good news.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 01:12 PM »

Looking at Scarlett it appears they're using a new type of hip articulation for this sized action figure.  It looks sort of like the articulation you'd see on a 12" Joe figure.  So far I'm impressed, 3 for 3.