Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196054 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I see 16bit.com has posted links to a few of the Hasbro Q and A's for the Joe side of things.  There might be a better place that has all of the Q and A's together, but I'm not as familiar with Joe sites as others here likely are.  Anyways, lots of repeat questions, but it really does sound like they consider the 25th Anniversary line the "VOTC" of G.I. Joe.  It sounds like they are considering vehicles going into the future, but I must stay away from those.  I have to try and not let nostalgia get the best of me if they expand the line that way.  The figures I can probably handle, but beyond that it could be trouble :).

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Will the new 25th figures be available at places like Target, WalMart, etc? Or is it still TRU only?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2007, 06:18 PM »
General release.  I read through all the QnA's and Hasbro confirmed that there would be no exclusives.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2007, 12:31 AM »
Actually I think there is going to be an SDCC exclusive Cobra figure.  At least according to what the GI Joe Collector's Club is posting.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2007, 01:07 AM »
I really hope it's just a repaint. Hasbro has me pretty disgusted with unique characters at cons this summer, and that would be three strikes with me if it's something great.

I suppose it'll be a Destro with a chrome head.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2007, 01:20 AM »

:o  :o  :o

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2007, 07:35 AM »
Man, those are some pretty cards.  Nothing beats the 80s GIJoe packaging in terms of overall design (although vintage Star Wars comes close).  These capture that look perfectly.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Thanks for posting those Ben.  Wow, those look nice.  Again, I don't know if it is nostalgia or not, but I've always liked those cardbacks too (like the VOTC/VTSC stuff).  It looks like the figures come with Star Wars-esque stands as well, which will be nice.  I'm definitely still looking forward to this line, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to pass them up :).  Those cardbacks bring back some memories.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2007, 11:09 AM »
Those just look simply amazing.  Hopefully I can still stick to my plan of just getting a full set of openers.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Hi-res pics of carded figures and 5-packs.

Oh man, if those boxes play music like they say they do, I think I'm in for two complete sets.  :)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2007, 05:00 PM »
That Storm Shadow will be mine! It's GI Joe against Cobra the enemy, fighting to save the day! GI JOOOOOOOEEEEE!!!

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2007, 05:24 PM »

Oh man, if those boxes play music like they say they do, I think I'm in for two complete sets.  :)

HOLY CRAP! Those box sets are FANTASTIC!  :o

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50 PM »
I noticed that the card of the 2nd version of Storm Shadow lacks the "Cobra Enemy!" part, since when Storm Shadow appeared in that outfit, he was on the Joe side. Nice touch, Hasbro.  :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2007, 11:03 PM »

HOLY CRAP! Those box sets are FANTASTIC!  :o

I totally agree... I may have to nab some of these...  :-\ I really don't need to start another habit hobbie.

I noticed on the Cobra 5-pack that the Infantry and Cobra Commander are on the wrong stand... oops.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2007, 02:05 PM »
I noticed that the card of the 2nd version of Storm Shadow lacks the "Cobra Enemy!" part, since when Storm Shadow appeared in that outfit, he was on the Joe side. Nice touch, Hasbro.  :)

I'll still lump him with my Cobras though. Pshaw.