Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196081 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2007, 09:37 AM »
Thanks for posting that stuff guys, this line keeps looking better and better.  First I thought I'd just get the two five packs, then I preordered the first "set of 5" as well, and now seeing what the future holds - I think I might be all in on this line before too long.  This is like the VOTC was for me, really brings back those nostalgic memories.  I think Hasbro might have a hit on their hands with this line.  Good eye on the team members guys.  It looks like the second one from the left on the third row is holding a bow, doesn't it?  I had heard rumors that the Cobra trooper would be single carded too, which is a good idea.  I'm glad I'm not the only one that might be falling into this line, I don't feel quite as bad now :P.

EDIT:  I was just reading on the TNI forums that the 2nd figure on the third row matches a "Red Cobra -Codename: Satan" figure that was from Brazil I believe.  It is essentially a Storm Shadow repaint.  I'm not familiar with that, but maybe Ben or others can shed some light on this.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:53 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2007, 11:00 AM »
It looks like the second one from the left on the third row is holding a bow, doesn't it?

EDIT:  I was just reading on the TNI forums that the 2nd figure on the third row matches a "Red Cobra -Codename: Satan" figure that was from Brazil I believe.  It is essentially a Storm Shadow repaint.  I'm not familiar with that, but maybe Ben or others can shed some light on this.

I was thinking Jinx.  She was a red Ninja...but she was on the Joe side..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2007, 12:40 PM »
Thanks for posting that stuff guys, this line keeps looking better and better.  First I thought I'd just get the two five packs, then I preordered the first "set of 5" as well, and now seeing what the future holds - I think I might be all in on this line before too long.  This is like the VOTC was for me, really brings back those nostalgic memories.  I think Hasbro might have a hit on their hands with this line.  Good eye on the team members guys.  It looks like the second one from the left on the third row is holding a bow, doesn't it?  I had heard rumors that the Cobra trooper would be single carded too, which is a good idea.  I'm glad I'm not the only one that might be falling into this line, I don't feel quite as bad now :P.

I'm not really into foreign variations besides Funskool from India, but Satan was indeed a red Storm Shadow. If Hasbro goes down this road, I wouldn't be surprised to see an updated Cobra Mortal, which is a repainted Snake Eyes v1.

Check out the carded figure at the Satan link there. It looks pretty damn close to that blanked out piece we can't figure out on the 25th Ann. card.  8)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:43 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Those filecards look CHOICE. Pretty damn near reproductions of the originals. And Serpy? Yes!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #154 on: May 11, 2007, 07:39 PM »
They just did a Cobra Mortal in the 2006 GI Joe Convention set, "Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries." 

Think they'd do a new one, even updated, so soon?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2007, 09:58 PM »
******* Lady Jaye!  Called it!   ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47 AM »
Looks like a few more pics of the 25th Ann. figures are up at TNI.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2007, 08:41 PM »
That Cobra Officer looks choice. I'll definitely have to add that to my Snake army.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Someone has posted the entire two page Cobra ad referenced earlier in this thread, complete with Destro and more Cobra troops.  These ads are pretty cool, and makes a person want to army build - or to just go "play" :P.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Whoa.

Except you'd have to buy like a hundred boxed sets to get that many troopers, unless they do the right thing and card it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2007, 10:41 AM »
I saw over at YoJoe that the prices will be around $5.00 for the single carded figures.  That's a damn great deal considering the Vintage Star Wars stuff is more than twice that.  Money grubbing motherf---- George Lucas.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Yeah, I read on the TNI forums this morning that one of the members there (who works at WM) found them in their system listed at $4.88.  If that turns out to be true, that seems like a great price.  Its funny thinking we used to be able to get Star Wars figures for that price.  Those days are far gone though.  Now when I see an action figure line listed at $5 or less, I think "that's a deal".

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2007, 11:17 AM »
I thought I heard a while back that it was $6.99 for the carded figs and $25 for the box sets..?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I don't think this has been posted yet, but here's an (Un)Official 25th Ann G.I. Joe site.  It has pics and info on each of the figures announced so far, the way it looks.  Just thought I'd pass it along.

EDIT:  Oops, guess it wasn't official, but still nice for pics/info the way it looks.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:33 PM by Brian »

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2007, 02:39 PM »
Speaking of vintage GI Joes, I stopped at a flea market in Absecon on the way to Atlantic City this past weekend and found this beauty for $10:

It looks to be complete and the Wildcard figure is STILL SEALED!!!