Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196768 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2007, 09:15 AM »
YoJoe now has a look at the single carded/version 2 Snake Eyes figure.  It looks really nice.  I can remember the quest for me as a kid to get the original version of this figure, it was my "holy grail" of sorts back then, and one of my all-time favorite action figures.  Looking forward to this updated version.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2007, 10:45 AM »
I see that HasbroToyShop is having a pretty nifty clearance in their Joe section.  Likely clearing room for the 25th Ann. stuff on the way here before too long, but there's some deals to be had.  I know I was slightly tempted by some of the vehicles, and many figures are less than $2.  Not bad.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Crap.  They do have some awesome deals going right now, don't they?  R.O.C.C. for $9.99?  Night Ops Humvee for $5.99?  Insane.

I should probably pick those two up but I really am trying not to spend any more cash right now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2007, 11:25 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Brian. I scored the HISS, Night Ops Humvee, and 3 more Range Vipers for $24. Nice.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Awesome deals there guys!! 

Isn't there another promo code out there right now??  I've got a cart full of vehicles for my 25th Joes, but I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Wow, nice find guys thanks! I'm going to pick up a few of the comic packs...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2007, 01:40 PM »
There are two HTS.com codes that I know of.

The first is: SPTIER07

That will save you:
$10 off $50
$20 off $100
$50 off $250

Or use code: CELEBRATION
That'll save you 10%

Not sure if either is still good but I used the first one on my set of 6 VTAC figures last week and saved $10. 

I just loaded up my cart with HISS, R.O.C.C., Night Ops Humvee, and R.H.I.N.O. and it's only $46.70 shipped before any savings codes.  Gah.  I can't buy that even though it's a helluva price, it would all just go into a box like most of my SW items anyway.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2007, 02:07 PM »
Thanks for the codes E!!

I just loaded up my cart with HISS, R.O.C.C., Night Ops Humvee, and R.H.I.N.O. and it's only $46.70 shipped before any savings codes.  Gah.  I can't buy that even though it's a helluva price, it would all just go into a box like most of my SW items anyway.

This is exactly what I have in my cart at the moment.   :o   I'm just not sure I want to bite on a comic pack or two just because I'm not ready to start back tracking.....yet.

Another odd thing about your post is that this stuff would also get boxed up fairly quickly and put into storage...I'd probably give these things an extra week or so just because I haven't purchased a GI Anything since back in 02 when I gave up the line and sold everything off.

I had to make an ultimate decision at that time because SW & TF were taking up too much of my money and room.  Well now it's 5 years later and I'm so ready to welcome this line back with open arms.  Now if there was just something I could do about my space issue.  :-\

**Oh, I didn't even realize that I'm ordering from these guys again so quickly especially after the McLuke fiasco.  Oh well, it's very hard to pass up on those prices.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:22 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2007, 02:44 PM »
I know, when there are deals like these, it gets tough to pass up.  I know I was half tempted to get some of the vehicles, just because I know I'll be picking up the 25th Joes once they are released.  But, I already spend enough the way it is, and I have troubles finding enough space for Star Wars vehicles - let alone G.I. Joe ones.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2007, 03:30 PM »
The "CELEBRATION" code doesn't work and unfortunatlely I only want the comic packs and it doesn't make enough for the other discount...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:36 PM by Madcow »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Niether one of the promos work unfortunately, but I'm not complaining....as long as they don't jack up the price and ask me to call them to confirm, then cancel my order.  ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2007, 11:36 PM »
I thought it best to skip the codes this time. I didn't want a cancellation email or anything saying they can't apply another discount to an already discounted product.

I'm just happy to get my hands on the Humvee and HISS for that price. I thought about the ROCC, but I don't have room for the Imperial Shuttle I bought last winter, so there's no way I have room for that one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2007, 03:39 PM »
Oh my God. That HTS sale is amazing. Seeing a HISS for $6 makes me feel bad I purchased mine for $16 last summer. And basic figures for $1.50? ROCC for $10? Amazing.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2007, 11:04 PM »
I am thinking about getting in on the 25th Anniversary figures this summer, and starting by purchasing some older items. I am thinking about Night Ops Humvee, Scrap Iron, 5 Range Vipers, and Barrel Roll, all for $23 shipped from HTS.com. Can anyone offer their opinions on these figures, or suggest some other items on HTS.com that are worth purchasing? Thanks!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2007, 11:32 PM »
I am thinking about getting in on the 25th Anniversary figures this summer, and starting by purchasing some older items. I am thinking about Night Ops Humvee, Scrap Iron, 5 Range Vipers, and Barrel Roll, all for $23 shipped from HTS.com. Can anyone offer their opinions on these figures, or suggest some other items on HTS.com that are worth purchasing? Thanks!

I would recommend generalsjoes.com for some good reviews of the figures released over the past 5 years or more. 

http://www.generalsjoes.com/reviews.htm