Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198679 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Saw the Cobra 5-Pack for the first time at Target today.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2007, 11:29 PM »
Underwhelming is right.  :( I see what you mean about the rehash issue being so prominent in Hasbro's Joe line.  There are so many directions they could run with new five-packs (as mentioned), but they do this. I think I'll pass on this one.

John

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Well...Here's Hasbro's third QnA.  I totally forgot about the Joe version...Not quite sure if there were other websites that participated in this or not.

No Terror Dome or FLAGG??  Sounds good to me  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2007, 09:12 PM »
http://generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

This site kinda does what MATT does...

It reminds me of the first few rounds of QnA in the Star Wars world....alot of "We'll see" and "Can't Tell you"...

Maybe another wave before the end of the year?  Sweet.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Cracked open my Joe 5pack last night...

I love all of the sculpts, but now I know why some people aren't happy with this set.  Gung-Ho's legs are as loose as some of the most battered Joes I had as a kid.  Very tight ankle joints, but he's pretty worthless because he can't stand even with his stand - same goes for Snake Eyes.  What good is an action figure if it can't even stand with a stand ??  Roadblock, Duke, and Scarlett for that matter - almost seems like their legs weren't meant to move as they're so stiff.  Oh and I wish Scarlett could hold her bow   ::)

I was really happy with the carded figs I opened last week, but it just feels like I got ripped off on this set....Here's hoping to better luck with my Cobra pack.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Cracked open my Cobra pack tonight.....Cobraaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Awesome scuplts and very tight joints on all 5 in the pack.  I guess I got a bum Joe 5pack so I'm going to try and return that for a better pack.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2007, 10:25 PM »
  I guess I got a bum Joe 5pack so I'm going to try and return that for a better pack.

I wouldn't say so.  I pretty much had the same issues with my Joe 5-pack figures as you did ... and it seems that a lot of others experienced this as well.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2007, 10:26 PM »
I've opened 5 of the Joe packs so far and only 1 of the Gung Ho's have not been loose...the rest seem fine.

All my single carded (including PDD) have been good and tight too.

I'm going to Atlanta for the Joe Con anybody else on the forums here going?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2007, 11:41 PM »
I would love to go to this con some day but this year CIV soaked up all my spare cash and the non-Celebration years have been too far away.

I wish they'd find somewhere in the North East to hold this con.  I think DC is the closest they've come but that was 6 years ago at least.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2007, 02:12 AM »
Well, I decided that I cannot afford this line so I am selling my figures. If you are still looking for any figures, or want an instant loose collection check the classifieds section.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2007, 08:51 AM »
  I guess I got a bum Joe 5pack so I'm going to try and return that for a better pack.

I wouldn't say so.  I pretty much had the same issues with my Joe 5-pack figures as you did ... and it seems that a lot of others experienced this as well.

I had the same problem with my Joe 5 pack - particularly with the Gung Ho figure.  He falls down more than he stands it seems.  Not as much trouble with the others, but he was particularly bad - stand or no stand.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2007, 10:35 AM »
I've opened 5 of the Joe packs so far and only 1 of the Gung Ho's have not been loose...the rest seem fine.

All my single carded (including PDD) have been good and tight too.

I'm going to Atlanta for the Joe Con anybody else on the forums here going?

I wish I could go.

I am the same way. C-IV killed me...

Wish I could snag their exclusive set though.  ::)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #357 on: August 23, 2007, 10:53 AM »
I can add one to my order if you really want one, PM me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #358 on: August 23, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Although I haven't visited Wal-Mart in a little while, it seems as though the 25th Joes are sold out around town right now (at least at the stores closest to us).  TRU hasn't had any for over a month, Target is sold out (and pegs covered with Elite Forces stuff), and Wal-Mart only ever had the single packs which were gone in a couple days (again, haven't been there in awhile now though, so they may have restocked).  Anyways, these seem to be selling pretty well.  I think the pricepoint helps as well.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #359 on: August 23, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Although I haven't visited Wal-Mart in a little while, it seems as though the 25th Joes are sold out around town right now

I'm experiencing the same thing at my local Targets. In fact, I only saw the single carded 25th Joes once, and then they were gone. Luckily, I managed to nab what I wanted that one time. Lets hope that future single carded waves are a little easier to find in the wilds of retail.