Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198792 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Waves 2 & 3 + Cobra 5-pack #2

I'm still not too keen on the Cobra 5-pack, but I will say that the Cobra Commander is growing on me.  :)

Wave 2 - Overall I am really pleased with this wave.  I never liked the Dreadnoks but Buzzer looks great.  The only one I'm not too fond of is Lady Jaye...hopefully her face looks better in person

Wave 3 - <giddy>Firefly!</giddy>  <more giddy>Zartan!!</giddy>  Without Red Ninja this is a freakin' SWEET wave.  They certainly could have used 50 figures BEFORE using that silly ninja, but oh well.

John

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Cobra 5-Pack- Meh. Not a fan of the Valor Vs. Venom inspired SS, nor the black CC. I like the comic-colored Blueshirt though, and the Stinger Driver rocks as well.

Wave 2- I love Buzzer and Serps, but other than that, nothing really that interests me.

Wave 3- The Red Ninja is pretty cool, and I like the comic Stalker, but that's it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2007, 10:46 PM »
I actually like repaints so I'm looking forward to the next Cobra 5pack even though they've already milked these figs more than I would have wanted them to (so quickly)....As long as there aren't any problems like I had with the 1st Joe 5pack...Yes I'm looking at you Gung Ho and Snake Eyes!  ::)

w2 & w3 look awesome although Firefly looks like a freakin giant..  Beachhead, Buzzer, Serpentor-not familiar with this version-but he has some badass weapons, Shipwreck, Stalker, ZARTAN!!  Good stuff here.  Can't wait.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2007, 12:30 AM »
Waves 2 and 3 look like winners in my book.  I'm a little iffy on Lady Jaye, have to wait to see it in person.  Never was a big Serpentor fan but the figure looks good.

Can't wait for Firefly and Beachhead though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #364 on: August 25, 2007, 01:11 AM »
Firefly always was one of my favorites, so his figure is outstanding.  As a kid I had him cross over to the Joes because I liked him so much, so I'm likely to pick one up of him.  That's a darn nice figure.  I think really the whole series has been outstandingly done.  I do feel the VvV styled figures are something of a waste, but in general I love everything they keep showing and wish I could pick up the line completely.  It's just too much though at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #365 on: August 25, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Stalker is a bit too "neon" for my tastes.  It's disappointing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Not necessarily toy related, but it sounds like as far as the movie version of G.I. Joe is concerned, he will no longer be a "real American hero".

Also, we hit the new Super Target we have in town this weekend and I noticed at this store at least, they were charging $7.99 for the single packed Joes.  It must be an abberration, because I've seen them cheaper elsewhere.  They did have plenty on the pegs though, but at that price, I'm not surprised.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Not necessarily toy related, but it sounds like as far as the movie version of G.I. Joe is concerned, he will no longer be a "real American hero".

Also, we hit the new Super Target we have in town this weekend and I noticed at this store at least, they were charging $7.99 for the single packed Joes.  It must be an abberration, because I've seen them cheaper elsewhere.  They did have plenty on the pegs though, but at that price, I'm not surprised.

Wow, Target here is only $5.99 while Walmart is $4.88 and Kaybee is $6.99...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Yeah, our "normal" Target is at $5.99 as well (although they have been sold out for the most part), and the WM prices are the same as well (and also, sold out).  I thought this price was a bit high too, and probably just something that happened at this store - and hopefully it will go down in the future.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2007, 01:42 AM »
I first saw the new JOes at a Target that just opened near my gf's place, and they too charge $7.99 a figure (Holy ****!) for them there.  Their 30AC LEgends figures are also $7+ a figure.  When a Target just opens they seem to gear up the prices on select merchandise for a time...  Very shady ****.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2007, 08:41 AM »
This thread at Hisstank.com has pics of the upcoming GI Joe 25th Ann. Comic Packs (Scarlett/Hawk, Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow, Duke/Cobra Commander).  Think along the lines of the "Marvel" Star Wars packs - all bright and colorful ;).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:06 AM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Oh, hey, more Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow...I never would have guessed.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Oh, and a pic of the Duke/CC set carded shows that there will be a Doc mail in figure on the way.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2007, 09:52 AM »
I'm not diggin these things at all  ::)

WAY TOO MANY REPAINTS WAY TOO SOON.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Not a fan of these. I hope you don't have to buy all of them for that mail-in Doc, because I would SO love to get that.