Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196800 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 31, 2007, 02:17 PM »
And just like the SW brand, to get Hawk who you might actually want, you have to buy the repaint Scarlet.  Classic strategy... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #376 on: August 31, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Hawk is just a repainted Snake Eyes with a new head.  I could care less for these comic packs....Very quick way for Hasbro to get me out of this line.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 03:27 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Hawk is just a repainted Snake Eyes with a new head. 

So was the vintage RAH figure.

;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2007, 05:01 PM »
I was thinking about this Hawk .....Guess I spaced on the first version of him?

Is this even the same guy?

I would have posted pics, but I can't copy from work.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2007, 05:06 PM »

Same bodies, different heads.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #380 on: September 2, 2007, 06:09 PM »
I was thinking about this Hawk .....Guess I spaced on the first version of him?

Is this even the same guy?

I would have posted pics, but I can't copy from work.

To the best of my knowledge, Gen. Hawk was a different character than the Missle pack-in Hawk...  That Hawk didn't get much play in the toons as I recall, but I always dug the random grunt type characters they had.  I like the re-use of parts too, it keeps with the vintage theme of the figures.  Stalker should use the same torso I believe as those two.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #381 on: September 2, 2007, 07:34 PM »
Same Hawk...

Clayton Abernathy..just a "Re-Sculpt" and Promotion....

The 4th Wave has been confirmed...over at Hisstank.com they have a picture of the back of the Wave 3 figure Card and the "Shadows" of the next wave like we saw with wave 2 & 3 on the back of wave 1.

Crimson Guard
Destro
Snake Eyes (v1)
Snow Job
Flash

Except for Chrome dome...this wave is pretty cool, to me at least.  I'll take all the pre-87 figures they can re-do in the 25th Style..

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #382 on: September 2, 2007, 08:31 PM »
Same Hawk...

Clayton Abernathy..just a "Re-Sculpt" and Promotion....

Yep.  Hawk was always considered the field commander of the Joe team in the comics (which are way better than the cartoons and the GI Joe I prefer to remember; none of this "Cobra Commander is an actual snake person" garbage) if I recall correctly, and he was promoted to General at the hospital bed of his predecessor (I can't recall the General's name off-hand, but he wasn't dying).  The biggest change was his hair going from blonde in his 1982 incarnation to brown in his later, first single-carded incarnation. 

I never was a fan of Duke in the comics or the cartoon, although I remember the issue with he, CC, and Roadblock on the cover of issue 23 fondly.  Not to mention CC's description of the plastic explosives in his helmet that were wired to detonate if the opening sequence was keyed incorrectly in the following issue prior to Storm Shadow breaking him out of the pre-fab HQ. :)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #383 on: September 2, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Crimson Guard
Destro
Snake Eyes (v1)
Snow Job
Flash

Great wave. I'll pick up the Crimson Guard, but It'll definitely be a bitch to find.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #384 on: September 3, 2007, 02:07 AM »
Crimson Guard
Destro
Snake Eyes (v1)
Snow Job
Flash

Great wave. I'll pick up the Crimson Guard, but It'll definitely be a bitch to find.

Ya, I can't find a single carded figure out in the wild if my life depended on it.  The 5 packs are selling well, but it seems that this line is taking off at retail.  Kind of sad that they have such limited shelf space at the moment, but I'm sure Hasbro is testing the waters to see how well this revamp goes.

The Crimson Guard was right up there with the Royal guard as an ominous red baddy...at least in my book.  Can't wait to see some pics!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #385 on: September 3, 2007, 03:22 PM »
I picked up 4 of 5 GI Joe 12" Adventure Team figures at the Elk River, MN Wal-Mart last Friday.  The ones I bought are really well done and look very cool. 

Haven't seen any 25th at Wal-Mart.  Haven't seen any new shipments at Targets either. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #386 on: September 3, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Flash was my first Joe, I must buy him now...  Snowjob (who my older brother always called Blow Job, and which I had no idea what that meant) was a figure my other brother really liked...  I like that grouping.

Now when do I get an Airborne resculpt?  I want that figure!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #387 on: September 4, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Flash was my first Joe, I must buy him now.

Flash was my first Joe, too!   ;D

Personally, I would love to see (and would buy) a box set of the original Joe team (Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Stalker, Flash, Zap, Breaker, Short Fuze, Rock n Roll, Grunt, Hawk, Steeler, Grand Slam, and Clutch; did I miss anyone?).  Half of them were just repaints and kitbashes anyway, so it couldn't be terribly expensive to do should the line continue.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #388 on: September 16, 2007, 07:01 PM »
I dusted off the TF thread so I thought I'd do the same here.

Has anybody seen any carded figs anywhere?  Never did find that Snake Eyes w/black Timber.  I haven't seen any in weeks and I went on a massive toy run this morning (11 stores) and even most of the 5 packs have dissapeared.   

I hear that w2 carded stuff is supposed to ship in October which is good news, but does anybody know when they will recycle Gung-Ho and Snake Eyes v1 onto a single card?  I only ask as those were the only two stinkers (joint wise) that I need to replace.  I'm hoping assuming that this issue will be corrected on their next go around.

I'm still very pleased with the rest of this line - so far.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2007, 09:19 PM »
I've only seen this single carded series TWICE- That's right, TWICE- Ever since I first saw sightings in early August. I've seen all of W1 except for Cobra Officer at Target (I bought Snake Eyes V2), and I've seen a lone Cobra Commander at Wally World. I don't know whether stores just aren't restocking, or they are getting snatched up by scalpers.

Hopefully they'll return, and in greater numbers.