Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198545 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #390 on: September 17, 2007, 12:27 AM »
I was on a big toy run on Saturday and only found carded figures in two stores.  One was KB and they had 1 lone carded Cobra Commander.  Target had 4 Snake Eyes (grey wolf) and 1 Flint, that's it.

My local Target store has 4 5-packs and I've seen 5-packs in one K-Mart and I think I saw at least one at either a second Target or TRU, I forget which.

I've only seen one black wolf and that was very early on at K-Mart.  My Target stocked the single packs a few times but I never saw a black wolf there.  I'm glad now I bought it when I found it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #391 on: September 17, 2007, 09:53 AM »
These have been pretty scarce around here lately too.  I saw the 5 packs and single carded figures in August, but not much since then.  Our Targets are sold out (even the one priced at $7.99 each) as is WM.  There has been one hooded CC at TRU the last couple times I've stopped there.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #392 on: September 19, 2007, 02:00 PM »
After scalpers getting all these wave 1 25th at my retailers; I finally seen 4 out 5 of wave 1 at my base exchange(BX) store. They are very well painted and articulated. To me they seemed superior to Hasbro SW figures in many ways --and sooo much cheaper, oh well..

DS

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2007, 08:57 AM »
It sounds like Wave 2 of the single packs are starting to hit around the country now, according to some reports (I saw a couple at the TNI forums).  So, be on the lookout.  I'm debating whether I want to look for these or not.  I still really like the line, but the Star Wars line is killing me this year - especially with more "surprises" coming up like that new Hoth battle pack.  That, combined with the superhero stuff, is more than enough to keep up with right now.  The Joe stuff does look nice though, and Beachhead would be cool to get - always liked him.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I got Wave 2 the other day from a west coast source....

Haven't found them at Retail.

Buzzer and Beachhead are awesome.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Those look pretty sweet...

...except for Sepentor  :-\   He looks like a He-Man typish figure
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2007, 01:16 PM »
Did they do anything with wave 2 to improve the hip articulation on them? 

I agree with you that the Beachhead figure looks awesome.  I'm definitely getting him but I'll wait till I see the others to decide on them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2007, 01:32 PM »
From Vintage to now... Beachhead kicks arse !!!!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Did they do anything with wave 2 to improve the hip articulation on them? 

I agree with you that the Beachhead figure looks awesome.  I'm definitely getting him but I'll wait till I see the others to decide on them.

E...

Wave 2 does not have fixed hip articulation that I can tell.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2007, 01:57 AM »
Wave 2 does not have fixed hip articulation that I can tell.

Nuts...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2007, 10:34 AM »
I think that is an issue that they are "Fixing" for future waves...like 2008.

I will ask that question at the Joe Con next week.

In fact if there are any items you guys would like asked about or photographed let me know.  I'll be there all 4 days, and probably out of money right after the Friday "Early Admission" part of the showroom.  So I'll have time to take photos and attend Q & A's.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2007, 03:41 PM »
I will ask that question at the Joe Con next week.

In fact if there are any items you guys would like asked about or photographed let me know.

VEHICLES??  Are any coming back with this line?  Inquiring Fetts would like to know..,
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2007, 09:49 AM »
We were out and about to several stores this weekend, and I don't think I saw a single 25th Joe product on the shelves at WM, Target, or TRU.  Everything seems to be sold out.  There looked to be newer Sigma 6 style stuff at WM (not sure, it looked newer, but I'm not familiar with the stuff), and TRU had older stuff - but no 25th to be found.  Seems to be selling well (or not shipped in big numbers yet).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2007, 12:52 PM »
Was out to several WM's 2 nights ago; saw some GIJoe 25th anniversary wave 2 cases on pallets.
Opened some... thought the Lady Jaye looked pretty cool and the cobra emperor.Most stores only got in 1 case while 1 store got 2 cases in. They seem to only ship once per wave.

The WM's have 4 pegs for them but they're always empty; as soon as they hit the store they're ebayed. Sure these were too.

DS
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:57 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #404 on: September 26, 2007, 12:41 AM »
Loving this line!  I just got the other 5-pack I needed, and was lucky to find a Flint and Cobra Officer at a WM.  The only ones I don't have are the ninja version of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow carded (prefer my Snake Eyes as the original commando, and had the 5-pack outfit version of Storm Shadow when I was akid).  In fact, that is my criteria for collecting this line: modern versions of what I had as a kid.  Examining a great GI Joe toy history website, I figured out that I had the first 3 years and a little of the 4th year of Joe characters.  I moved on before Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, Fridge, etc. came in.  I don't recall ever having Beachhead, but I definitely remember Firefly.  My favorite Cobra was Major Bludd, and I had a big fondness for the second wave of Joes like Doc, Airborne, and Gung-Ho.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke