Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199147 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2007, 05:18 PM »
I quit in 1987...the year of Big Boa, Croc Master and Raptor.  They got really weird at that time...and I was in 7th grade and quit cold turkey.  I don't think I collected anything past then toy wise until POTF2 in 1995 with Sportscards taking up the collecting itch

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2007, 06:30 PM »
I quit in 1987...the year of Big Boa, Croc Master and Raptor. 

Don't forget this guy...

;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2007, 06:35 PM »
Isn't that Crystal Ball??  He came with some funky 3-D shield thingy I think.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2007, 09:17 PM »
I picked up the 3 3/4" set, bagged set and free vehicle. The free vehicle is a VAMP for Clutch. See pictures. I took a few quickly but will post more later. Also, got the free pin. Not sure what to do with the black gun and 2 crates that came with the VAMP. The other black gun it came with is in a hole on the hood.

http://flickr.com/photos/terhurne/se...7602174179223/

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2007, 07:45 PM »
I picked up Lady Jaye, Serpentor, Buzzer, and the Cobra Trooper today at a local Target.  Beachhead was already gone.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Some more info and pictures.

http://flickr.com/photos/terhurne/sets/72157602174179223/

The pictures are all of the club store outside the dealer room entrance. They had 500 Silver Pimps made for the con after San Diego with a limit of 5 and $15 each. They also have some of the 25th wave 2. None of the 3rd 25th boxed set. They have the 2005 Con Steel Brigade 2-Packs reduced to $25 each and the 3-Pack down to $35.

I bought:
2 of the Starduster/Grand Slam sets.
2 2005 Steel Brigade 2-Packs.
2007 T-Shirt. Will take picture.
1 Shredder w/ Rip It. Tank ships in Nov.
1 Mobat w/ Steeler. Tank ships in Nov.
1 MOTH set 4 Arctic.

Really wish the Mauler tanks would have been there tonight. Would like to put them together now.

Posting some more pictures now. Pictures of club store order form, t-shirt and the Rip-It, Starduster, Steeler and Grand Slam file cards.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2007, 11:48 PM »
I was inside setting up the Joe Club dio....and got to sneak over to the hasbro booth....we will have pics of the 2008 product some time this weekend.

I did get to see drawings of the Snowjob....removable hood and goggles...at least in the painting./drawing...Carded versions of Firefly, Zartan, Shipwreck and Red Ninja but NO Stalker in the case.....

We'll see...I'll be in the show room early tomorrow and see if they will let me snap a few shots...I didn't ask tonight, besides camera phone...yikes.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #412 on: September 28, 2007, 11:02 AM »
I picked up Lady Jaye, Serpentor, Buzzer, and the Cobra Trooper today at a local Target.  Beachhead was already gone.

I just grabbed Beachhead at a different Target.  All set with Wave 2.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #413 on: September 28, 2007, 05:33 PM »
They put the Crimson Guard in the Case today...it says January O8 for the release.

Looks really good.  I'll get pics tomorrow.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2007, 12:11 AM »
Can't wait to see the later waves!  I found wave 2 this evening, and got Buzzer and Cobra Trooper.  I think I've decided just to get updated versions of years 1982-1984 (the years that I had all the characters and they all had "personalities" I liked).  Flint (and maybe Crimson Guard) will be the only exception to this rule I think.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #415 on: September 29, 2007, 11:21 AM »
sitting in the Q&A right now....

Here's a highlight....
vehicles with drivers...at Target in Spring..Hiss Tank with Cobra Soldier, Shark (called something else)  with Grand Slam and AWE   Striker with Crank Case...TRU will have Troop Builders  Cobra and Ninja.

As far as legs so they can sit...hopefully mid-wave 3 as a running change.

Doc is confirmed as the mail away and will be in the display case later today.

oh and the Snow Job Rocks....and has a removable hood tha Hoth Han would be jealous of....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #416 on: September 29, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Good news about the vehicles!!  It will be nice to actually have some of the newer Joes that can sit and pilot a vehicle.  Wasn't the Striker that big Jet with the fold out wings??  Are these vehicles new tools or just reissues of the 80's stuff?

...Just picked up w2 this morning and Serpentor is a real stinker, but I'm happy with the rest of the wave.  Still haven't ever spotted a Snake Eyes w/black Timber though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #417 on: September 29, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Saw the pics over at another site: Doc, Crimson Guard and Snow Job look AMAZING.  Heck, even the Hawk from the comic 2-pack looks great and can fit in with the regular line.  Super excited about Flash, but they didn't sculpt in the padding details on the red parts of his outfit for some reason.  The vehicles look to be vintage molds without any extra weathering unfortunately, but the pack-in drivers are new molds!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2007, 04:43 PM »
Saw the pics over at another site: Doc, Crimson Guard and Snow Job look AMAZING.  Heck, even the Hawk from the comic 2-pack looks great and can fit in with the regular line.  Super excited about Flash, but they didn't sculpt in the padding details on the red parts of his outfit for some reason.  The vehicles look to be vintage molds without any extra weathering unfortunately, but the pack-in drivers are new molds!

The Pads will be there for the actual production figure (same with Grand Slam) the "Oven Mit" detailing as the sculptor called it, is being Etched into the mold but was not available for the models we saw today.

Also, Doc's Stretcher will be different in production...not the Vintage RAH one shown...

TNI has the best pics so far...

iFett you are thinking SKY Striker...Awe Striker is the Rail-job/FAV/Dune Buggy...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #419 on: September 30, 2007, 07:43 PM »
I think I'll be passing on the vehicles, but the figures themselves look really nice.  So, is there a definitive list of what is going to be coming, 25th Anniversary-style, over the next 6-12 months now that the con is over?  Is the line going to be continuing indefinitely?  Also, did anyone mention what the specific details of the Doc mailaway figure will be (such as what has to be purchased, what has to be sent in, etc)?

I also gathered from the Q&A summary on (I think) HissTank.com that some of the 5-pack figures will be rereleased as carded figures, such as the Cobra Airborne Trooper.  Any word on who else might be a part of the possible rereleases?  A Gung-Ho with fixed floppy hips, perhaps?