Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196805 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 1, 2007, 07:10 PM »
That HISS looks nice... But, alas, I've already got the DTC HISS, so I have no real need for another one.

That CG is amazing though. I'll definitely have to pick that up.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #436 on: October 1, 2007, 08:37 PM »
OK...someone clue me in one the following.  There seem to be some HUGE holes in the 25th Line...namely the following:

Zartan
Tomax and Xamot
Major Bludd

Are these being released, rumored etc?  The list of Joes is also long but its been a while since I watched/collected etc and I know there are a few that should probably be released (Hawk, Wild Bill, Bazooka)  They seem like bigger holes in the line than completing the Dreadnoks

Zartan's in the third series, but I haven't heard about the others.  I agree with you completely though...why the hell do we have three Dreanoks (plus Zartan) before some of the other 82-85 stuff?  Insane.  Now I'll admit, while I never liked the Dreadnoks (as a kid or adult) I do like what I've seen of these new versions.  Buzzer is freakin' awesome and the others look equally as good.  Still...I'd much rather see a Torpedo or Blowtorch over the two other Dreadnoks on the way.

John

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #437 on: October 1, 2007, 09:42 PM »
I don't know, they've only announced 1 wave of basic figures for 2008 so far. And 1 1/2 waves of Comic Packs (that aren't going to be at Retail till April)...

There is a good chance these perceived "holes" will be filled by the time the Dreadnok COMIC pack is even on the shelves.  Star Wars has been going 12 years and we still don't have all the original Kenner figs...Hopefully Joe will make it 12 too.

Hasbro was quizzed about who was on "The list" and who  wasn't, and while they wouldn't say who was where, they were very clear that there are 2 lists (apparently if you are on the NO list, short of a ICMG type ground swell, you are not going to see plastic anytime soon, ie before the movie or during the movie year)  Sadly they would not confirm that Cobra La or Crystal Ball were on the NO list, in fact Crystal Ball may make it into figure form according to rumors.

Hasbro did say they watch the forums (not here sadly) so I'd suggest hitting one of the Joe sites that gets to ask QnA stuff, since those seem to be the sites they visit.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #438 on: October 1, 2007, 10:13 PM »
Sadly they would not confirm that Cobra La or Crystal Ball were on the NO list, in fact Crystal Ball may make it into figure form according to rumors.

Hasbro did say they watch the forums (not here sadly) so I'd suggest hitting one of the Joe sites that gets to ask QnA stuff, since those seem to be the sites they visit.

Cobra La would be sweet, but I can't see that happening for many more years.....And what the hell's up with Crystal Ball??  I thought he sucked ass as a kid and I still do.  Why remake him when there's so many other great figs to recreate??  Bazooka was one of my first Joes and I always managed to break and rebreak his "bazooka" strap the three times I had him as a kid. 

Am I wrong again here?  Is Crystal Ball not that weird white&black haired dude with the 3-Dish shield?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #439 on: October 2, 2007, 12:31 AM »
I'd say I'd rather see anything other than Cobra La and the Serpentor-esque eras...  I'd like to see classic guys like Airborne and others who may be "obscure" in a way, but are more interesting than some of the later stuff.  That's what would probably drive me to buy into the line.

Snowjob's getting me going though himself...  I'm right on the edge of buying at this point. :)  The Doc mail-in is awesome as well.  Hasbro has a great formula going with these I think...  I just hope they don't get too modern with their choices.  To me, honestly, Serpentor was a wasted slot...  :(  Same with Iron Grenadier Destro.  Just not my cup of tea there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #440 on: October 2, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Yeah, I really like that Doc mail-in figure as well - looks nice.  Is it a mail in with just the regular line, or the comic packs in particular?  I thought the ad was with the comic packs, so I wasn't sure.  Either way, this line is shaping up to continue to be pretty nice.  I'd like to see a few more of the classic Joes before all the Cobra La stuff and things like that too.  At least some of the ones I had as a kid like Blowtorch, Barbeque, Bazooka, Airtight, etc.  Of course, this is from a guy who really shouldn't be continuing on with these anyways (spending enough already), but I still find them darn tempting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #441 on: October 2, 2007, 03:06 PM »
Just curious after seeing the new stuff this weekend, does anyone have a rough schedule of what is coming when for this line?  From what I remember, the next two waves look like this, right?

Wave 2 Singles (Out Now/Oct)
Beachhead
Buzzer
Lady Jaye
Cobra Trooper
Serpentor

Wave 3 Singles (October?)
Shipwreck
Sgt. Stalker
Zartan
Firefly
Red Ninja

Then, beyond that, is Wave 4 the recently shown "repack" wave that consists of the 5 pack figures carded individually?  I think I saw at some online retailers that this was expected for December.  As far as the single packs go, is that the outlook for the rest of the year?  Beyond that, when is the Crimson Guard/Snowjob/Flash/Snake Eyes (repaint) wave scheduled, 2008?  Just curious if anyone had info on this, thanks.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #442 on: October 2, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Ok, this is from memory..so there may be some "room" on the dates...

Single Packs:
Out Now:
Wave 2: (no known revisions yet)

Buzzer
Lady Jaye
Serpentor
Beachhead
Cobra Soldier (silver emblem)
Cobra Commander (hooded)
Snake Eyes V2
StormShadow v2

October (but I'd guess November)
Wave 3:
Shipwreck
Stalker
Zartan
Red Ninja
Firefly
(I don't know what else will fill the 6-10 slots)

December:
REPACK WAVE. these are exactly how they appeared in the 5 packs, so NOT fixed Crotches or color variations..

Cobra Commander
Cobra Air Trooper
Roadblock V1
Gung-Ho
Scarlett
Destro
Duke V1
Storm Shadow V1

And that will get us to 2008

January
Wave 1:
Snowjob
Crimson Guard
Destro (Iron Grenadier)
Flash
Snake Eyes V1 all black

THAT is all we have seen for Single packs

Comic Packs
Wave 1 (March)
Hawk and Scarlett
Snake Eyes and StormShadow
Duke and Cobra Commander

Wave 2
Ripper and Torch

EXCLUSIVES

March/April
TARGET
Hiss w/Driver
AWE Striker w/ Crankcase
SHARC w/ Grand Slam

Summer 2008
TRU
Night Watch Cobra Soldier 5 Pack
Ninja attack (with Snake Eyes and 4 red ninjas) 5 Pack
Commanders 5 Pack...not much is known about this one. they did not elaborate at the QnA.

Wal Mart will have exclusives too, but nothing was announced.

Other than that we have NO clue what lies beyond Wave 1 2008 for the single packs, they may have told some of the Joe Site Moderators, but they weren't spilling too much more than the above.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #443 on: October 2, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Thanks so much for the info Paul, I really appreciate it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #444 on: October 3, 2007, 01:28 PM »
October (but I'd guess November)
Wave 3:
Shipwreck
Stalker
Zartan
Red Ninja
Firefly

No, October is right... I saw Wave 3 at Target today at lunch.  :)

(sorry for the crappiness of the camera-phone pic :()

Firefly was pretty sweet... almost tempted me to buy him, but I passed. 
« Last Edit: October 3, 2007, 01:47 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #445 on: October 3, 2007, 01:52 PM »
Geesh...and I just found w2 last week.  Good thing I can't seem to find any new SW figs at the moment.

Thanks for the stash Jeff - oh and for the crappy pic ;D

Hopefully they'll still be waiting for me on the way home tonight.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #446 on: October 3, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Geesh...and I just found w2 last week.

I can't even find wave 2!!!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #447 on: October 3, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Holy ****... W3 is already out, and I haven't even seen W2?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #448 on: October 3, 2007, 04:04 PM »
I haven't seen anything new around here either, TRU and Target(s) are completely sold out, and at our local WM they had 2x Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes (v2) and 1x Cobra Commander - Hooded.  Nice find there Jeff, I would have been tempted to get them (or at least a couple) as well.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #449 on: October 3, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Seeing lots of wave 2 now this week at various WM and Targets.  But I love the $4.88 price at WM, so if I see wave 3 at Target, I'll see if I can hold out.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke