Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196780 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 6, 2007, 10:10 AM »
If you're talking about the Adventure Team figures in the coffin boxes they should be $9.96.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #466 on: October 7, 2007, 09:20 AM »
If you're talking about the Adventure Team figures in the coffin boxes they should be $9.96.

E...

Yes, and $10 is really reasonable. I should have picked them up. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #467 on: October 9, 2007, 01:04 PM »
I grabbed Wave 3 (with the darker Stalker) from a local Target this morning.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #468 on: October 10, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Still no wave 2 or 3 near me. This is getting aggrivating...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #469 on: October 10, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Picked up the Cobra Legion's 5 pack today at Target.  Now I'm all caught up.  :)

Still no wave 2 or 3 near me. This is getting aggrivating...

It's all hit and miss.  I saw w2 for a few runs and now nothing.  w3 was a one time sighting only....give it time
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #470 on: October 10, 2007, 04:43 PM »
I've tried to resist this line, but haven't been able to.  I'm not being a completist by any means, as I'm opening my Joes up and considering making a photonovel of the Joes attacking Cobra Island (similar to the original Joe comic).  I've even considered buying this for my Cobra base and painting it -

When Rob and I were at Toy Fair, I got some time with the Schleicht guys and they were really shocked and pleased that people in our scale would use their stuff.  They then gave me a decent tour and one of the head guys followed me around and made sure I got good photos..

I am going to DisneyWorld next week and the Germany Pavillion in Epcot carries all the Schleicht stuff, I may have to snag some Castle Destro Stuff while I am there....

I've been thinking about the future of Joe and going with what WE as Star Wars collectors know, I think Hasbro has a model they want to emulate from their SW line in their Joe as well.

We already have Single Packs and the Comic Packs.  We have Vehicles (Hiss/Awe Striker/Sharc) in the "Starfighter" range coming.  Even the Legions 5 pack is kind of "Evolutions-esque"

As a Joe fan would you support:  GI Joe in Galactic Hero styling/scale?  What about Unleashed Mini's?  Lego's? Force Battlers?  All of these would be RAH styled of course...

I could go for Lego's or Galactic Heroes (even though I don't collect the Star Wars versions of either)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #471 on: October 10, 2007, 04:59 PM »
I'd be down for some GH type sets for shizzo.  I could care less about any other subline...BUT I would bite if there were to release a line of 3" Titanium Joe/Cobra vehicles...That'd be sweet!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2007, 05:45 PM »
I doubt we'll see Lego Joes, as Lego is a completely different entity. I couldn't see Hasbro handing over the license to another toy company.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #473 on: October 11, 2007, 11:35 AM »
You are probably right on the Legos...but when the Movie stuff starts rolling out..you never know..

I like the Titanium Vehicles idea...I had not even thought about that..

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #474 on: October 14, 2007, 12:39 AM »
The new Cobra Troops are growing on me but I must resist army building figures that can't sit or bend elbows correctly.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #475 on: October 17, 2007, 12:26 AM »

When Rob and I were at Toy Fair, I got some time with the Schleicht guys and they were really shocked and pleased that people in our scale would use their stuff.  They then gave me a decent tour and one of the head guys followed me around and made sure I got good photos..

I am going to DisneyWorld next week and the Germany Pavillion in Epcot carries all the Schleicht stuff, I may have to snag some Castle Destro Stuff while I am there....

I've been thinking about the future of Joe and going with what WE as Star Wars collectors know, I think Hasbro has a model they want to emulate from their SW line in their Joe as well.

We already have Single Packs and the Comic Packs.  We have Vehicles (Hiss/Awe Striker/Sharc) in the "Starfighter" range coming.  Even the Legions 5 pack is kind of "Evolutions-esque"

Cool, I think the Schleich stuff is amazing.  Well, the playsets/accessories.  The figures, if they had articulation might be something I'd be interested in. 

Anyways, I finally broke down tonight and ordered a few Schleich items online -

My intent is to try and use them for Star Wars photonovel work, but I still have my eye on that castle too.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #476 on: October 17, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Anyone here watch NCIS?  Last night's episode introduced an FBI agent named Courtney Krieger.  Wonder if that was an accident or if there's a Joe fan on the writing team.

On the 25th front, no new figures have hit locally in well over a month now.  Local WM is still not carrying the line at all and Target has had the grey reorder dots on the pegs for about 3 weeks now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #477 on: October 19, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Well, the tree got taken off of my order, www.dianatoystore.com is sold out of them and emailed me to let me know.  Damn.  But they still have it listed on their site...   ???

Back to GI JOE - I found Wave 3 at Walmart today, picked up one of each figure except Shipwreck, all of them had funky paint jobs on the face/hat.  Not really a character I need too bad anyways though.  Zartan looks like the best of this wave to me.

Offline Phatty

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • The Imperial Ship Yards
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #478 on: October 19, 2007, 03:34 PM »
I've seen Waves 1-3 in NW Indiana, and have gotten almost all of the ones I wanted.  Still missing Flint, can't find him anywhere.  Haven't seen the Red Ninja either.  I do so love this throwback styling.  I'm stuck on the fence on whether or now I should open these or leave them carded.

Pat

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I was thinking today how cool it might be to get a whole set of these figures carded.  But, the opener in me just can't do that.   :-\

Anyways, check out the Hawk figure coming out... wow.