Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198251 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Yeah, its been inconsistent here as well.  TRU had the 5 packs and single packs (Wave 1) before anyone else, but they were already pretty well sold out when I saw them a couple months ago.  They've had little to nothing since then.  Target sold through in like a day, and I haven't seen anything on the pegs since then.  Wal-Mart was bare for awhile, but was stocked to the gills earlier this week with Wave 1 and 3 single packs.  I stopped by there today, and quite a bit had sold through already.  I haven't seen a five pack at WM at all though.  They do seem to be selling pretty well.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2007, 07:46 PM »
Up until today, I haven't seen many figures on the pegs at all.  A Target that I stopped at during lunch had three cases of Wave 3 on the pegs, along with one Joe and two Cobra Legion 5-packs.  From what I heard from other local collectors, a bunch of our Targets got hit with similar product today.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I've even considered buying this for my Cobra base and painting it -

The Toys-R-Us Big Toy Book just came today and they have this castle, listed as $149, on sale for $129.  They also have a $10 off a $100 purchase coupon.  So you could score one for $119 right now.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #498 on: October 26, 2007, 09:34 PM »
I ordered wave 2 from smalljoes.com this morning. They still have sets and singles of all available.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I picked up on of those 12" action adventure Joes the other day. I was a little disappointed at the lack of accessories, all he came with, other than clothes, was a pistol and holster. Still, very cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2007, 10:28 AM »
I'm caught up except for Firefly, and I want to see if I can get a Cobra vehicle driver without buying the whole pack.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #501 on: October 29, 2007, 03:32 PM »

The Toys-R-Us Big Toy Book just came today and they have this castle, listed as $149, on sale for $129.  They also have a $10 off a $100 purchase coupon.  So you could score one for $119 right now.

E...

Thanks for the update... I'm very tempted to just get this thing.

Also, Target is now carrying the castle... I assume at some point they'll hit clearance there; maybe around $75.00?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #502 on: October 29, 2007, 05:04 PM »
I just saw this at my Target on Saturday but I know they haven't had them that long.  I'm guessing if they don't sell for Christmas that you might find them on clearance after Christmas.  I don't know what the market is for that line of toys but I bet in some markets if it doesn't sell quickly it'll make it to 50% clearance at least at some stores.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #503 on: October 29, 2007, 05:19 PM »
I'm caught up except for Firefly, and I want to see if I can get a Cobra vehicle driver without buying the whole pack.

Somehow I don't think you're going to have a problem with that.  Plus the paint aps on the helmets are messed up on the 5pk version - so hopefully they'll address that when he gets carded.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #504 on: October 31, 2007, 05:12 PM »
Carded pics of w4

Nothing too exciting here if you've collected everything up to this point, but I might pick up a few more airborne troopers.  I'm just really hoping that they fixed Gung-Ho this time around.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #505 on: November 1, 2007, 12:10 AM »
I'm buying that wave to keep MOC.  :) And maybe get another Gung-Ho as well, since mine is all wonky.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #506 on: November 1, 2007, 12:21 AM »
Saw the second 5pack of Cobra Baddies at Target in MN today...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #507 on: November 1, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I was out on Tuesday and checked Target and Wal-Mart for some things, and I can't believe the sell through on these here in town.  Less than a week ago, our Wal-Mart was packed full of Wave 1 and 3 singles (falling off all four pegs packed), and when I was back on Tuesday they literally had 10 or less figures left.  Target is almost always sold out, although I saw a couple Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow figures hanging out the last time I was there.  They also had some of the 5 packs, which I hadn't seen in quite some time.  I'd have to say this line is doing pretty well, at least around here.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #508 on: November 1, 2007, 10:30 AM »
I read that one of the reasons for a lack of stock on the single packed figures is because Hasbro put more initial push on the 5-packs thinking they'd sell better.  Now they're trying to catch up.  That's probably also why they are repacking the 5-pack figures on single cards so soon.

If they were just going to do a couple 5-packs for the 25th Anniversary then I can see the logic in that, but if they had planned to do single carded figures all along I can't belive they underestimated sales.  Even back when the the 3.75" line was in full swing people were asking for single packed figures rather than the 2-packs we were getting.  Couple that with some of the nicest detail we've seen in years and it's a no brainer that the single packs would be hot.

I finally saw two new figures over the weekend, Lady Jaye and Serpentor, along with a Storm Shadow but I passed on them.  I stopped in 3 Wal-Marts, 3 Targets and TRU and besides the odd 5-pack that's all I found.

E...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #509 on: November 1, 2007, 11:54 AM »
I love this figure... the removable helmet is so cool - I bought two of the Wave 2 Cobra 5-pks mainly because of this (and the vehicle driver).

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=GIJoe%2F25th_Wave_4%2F%2F&pic=Cobra_AirTrooper_2.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

Count me in for 4-5 more of the carded one.   :)