Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198787 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #540 on: November 20, 2007, 08:30 AM »
Sweet!  I never did notice the belt thing.  Kinda cool.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #541 on: November 20, 2007, 09:04 AM »
I would be much happier about this line if I could find the ******* things in the store!  My local Target is the only store in town carrying the line and they haven't had a restock of single carded figures in 2 months.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #542 on: November 20, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Yeah, these are a tough find at retail here as well.  Aside from the v2 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, I don't think I've seen a single carded figure in the past couple months or so.  Most stores don't have any, and the ones that do just have one or two of those two figures.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #543 on: November 20, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems as though you have to be in the right place at the right time with this line which is just so wrong.  Not really sure if it's the retailers or Hasbro to place the blame on.  It sure seems to me that there's a lot more interest in this line then "whomever" initially gave it credit out of the starting gate.

My Targets have two dedicated pegs, WM's either have none or four, and TRU hasn't ever bothered to stock the basic carded figs.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #544 on: November 20, 2007, 05:18 PM »
I don't see these at retail very often either.  A couple weeks ago I found 7 Cobra Ninjas at the Toy Corner store at the Mall of America.  I bought them all because even for $7.99 a piece it was a lot easier to find this way.  Beats driving around wasting gas trying to find this awesome army builder.  So far I have 9 Cobra Ninjas, 4 Viper Pilots, 3 Cobra Officers and 1 Cobra Soldier.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #545 on: November 20, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Count me in for the "25AC Drought". I usually only see remnants of Wave 1 these days. I was lucky enough to find and purchase a Buzzer a few weeks back, but that's been it since then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I only ever see SS V2, and Snake Eyes V2, but not much else...  Target that just opened they tend to linger slightly more due to the $8 price, but at WM they're gone instantly.  I continually pass, but at some point I will likely buy a SE or something just to check them out...  Then I'll start buying it all.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #547 on: November 20, 2007, 10:31 PM »
All I see is SE/SS as well, sometimes with a Cobra Commander too.

I'm forced to get mine online, but the drought is striking the online retailers just as much as the b&m ones.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #548 on: November 20, 2007, 10:47 PM »
All I see is SE/SS as well, sometimes with a Cobra Commander too.

Same in my house and unfortunatley this is one toy related issue that I can't blame on WM as it's not an exclusive. 

I only ever see SS V2, and Snake Eyes V2, but not much else...  Target that just opened they tend to linger slightly more due to the $8 price, but at WM they're gone instantly.  I continually pass, but at some point I will likely buy a SE or something just to check them out...  Then I'll start buying it all.  ::)

I know for a fact (ok, I'm assuming :) ) that many of you Star Wars fans were into the Joes in the 80's as I was and you're probably leary about picking up another line.  Let me just say that I'm beyond words as to how satisfied I am with this line both from a nostalgia standpoint and for the uber update on articulation they've made with these guys.  I was really worried about diving back into GI Joe because I thought I'd get "forced" (OCD) into picking up all of the vintage stuff - but luckily I haven't felt that way as these updated figures are just as near and dear to me as they were when I was a kid especially with the vinty cards.  :)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #549 on: November 22, 2007, 04:27 PM »
I found a Cobra Ninja and Officer at the Anoka, MN K-Mart this afternoon.  The first time I've seen them in stock at that  store since Wave 1 first hit.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #550 on: November 26, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I ran to Target yesterday morning to pick up the Hoth UBP, and they had lots of stock of Wave 2/3 of the Joe line as well (the first time they've had any for a long time).  I couldn't resist picking up a Beachhead, and was tempted to get a couple others as well.  Hopefully the stocking situation on these will improve a bit now, I'm curious to see how many are left when/if we go back there later this week.  They had 3 pegs stocked full (overflow on some other pegs) on Sunday.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #551 on: November 26, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Saw a single card Cobra Trooper yesterday at Target... Also saw the "Cobra Legions" 5-Pack. Hopefully that means the Joes are becoming more common.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #552 on: November 26, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Really haven't seen much in stores with these lately... if someone needs to take the blame for the lack of supply, blame Hasbro for this, not the retailers.  They are the manufacturer, not making enough product to fill demand.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #553 on: November 27, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Although they don't ship until 12/13, I see that HTS has the single carded figures of Duke, Destro, Roadblock, Gung Ho, Scarlett, Stormshadow (v1), and the Cobra Air Trooper available to order, if anyone is interested.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #554 on: November 27, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Waves 2 and 3 are showing up in abundance here in KC.  I went on a toy run Saturday morning and saw virtually nothing except at a couple of Wave 3 figs at Big Ks.  Later that night I saw a bunch of wave 2 and 3 at a Target close to me and the other four Targets I have gone to since Sunday and through today have been well-stocked. 

Too bad the next wave is a bunch of reissues.  :(  I'm really looking forward to the Crimson Guard wave.

John