Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198718 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #735 on: January 22, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Pics of new Target exclusive vehicles on GIJoeclub.com

Plus there's the new Doc redemption form where you can send in Battle and Flag Points for extra Doc figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #736 on: January 22, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I read somewhere that some are speculating that some of these figures (like the Cobra Commander) may be pack-ins with some upcoming DVD releases (maybe the "movies" like Mass Device or something).  I do hope we see some DVD releases of the old 'toon again.  I couldn't really afford the sets the last time around, and was hoping they would see re-release - or at least the movies or something.

I don't know who owns the rights to the original Transformer eps - (Sony?) but they really missed the boat on rereleasing those on DVD.  I just hope whoever has the rights to Joe has some brains with all of the popularity it's receiving especially with the live action movie coming out next year.  I wouldn't mind seeing the cartoon movie again either, didn't know there was more than one though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #737 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45 AM »
I thought the same things about the Transformers Season Sets on DVD.  A lot of those cartoons from my childhood (Joe, He-Man, Transformers), I'd like to have at least one season to be able to pop in from time to time.  Hopefully Joe won't make the same mistake as they (whoever has the rights) did with Transformers.  I think there is only one "true" Joe movie, but I was thinking of the "Mass Device" (which was released previously on its own I believe), as well as G.I. Joe - The Movie.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #738 on: January 22, 2008, 02:50 PM »

Plus there's the new Doc redemption form where you can send in Battle and Flag Points for extra Doc figures.

Nuts.  I didn't realize they were going to make a new form.  I already stuck some redemption stickers to one of the cards that came in a comic pack.  I wonder if I should cut them out and glue them on this one or just fill this out and send it along with the other card. 

Better read up on it I guess.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #739 on: January 22, 2008, 03:11 PM »

Nuts.  I didn't realize they were going to make a new form.  I already stuck some redemption stickers to one of the cards that came in a comic pack.  I wonder if I should cut them out and glue them on this one or just fill this out and send it along with the other card. 

Better read up on it I guess.

E...

This doesn't have anything to do with the tabs or the card that comes in the packs.  It's just a new form for you to fill out if you have old Battle/Flag points from prior Joe lines.  Those can be sent in instead of the tabs included with the new comic packs.....at least that's my understanding.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #740 on: January 22, 2008, 06:14 PM »
I think they mentioned at the Convention that the Flag Points was for ADDITIONAL Docs after the 6 stickers were affixed to the form.  But I may have heard that wrong.

Also,  the pics of the Viper now with Goggles are up:

http://gijoeclub.com/2008wave3-06b.cfm

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #741 on: January 22, 2008, 06:20 PM »
Paul's right, you have to include the 6 stickers from the comic packs and then if you want to buy additional Doc figures you can throw in the Flag Points and additional shipping money for him.

I'm just wondering what to do now that I already put 3 stickers on a card from one of the comic packs.  I guess if I don't find an answer in a Q&A that I'll just put the six stickers on the card I have, print the new order form and include the Flag Points.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #742 on: January 22, 2008, 09:53 PM »
I wanted Viper goggles but sculpted on would have looked better.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #743 on: January 23, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I've read through a bunch of Q&A reports on several web sites and looked at the forums on YoJoe.com and a couple of things were pointed out that I hadn't thought of or noticed earlier.

First up, it seems that the consensus is that including the new order form along with a completed one from the comic 2-packs should be good enough to order extra Doc figures.  I'm thinking that's probably what I'll do unless something else comes up in a Q&A or somewhere.

Also, it was pointed out in the YoJoe forums that the order sheets say "Battle Points" while the GI Joe Club said Flag Points and/or Battle Points.  I guess I hadn't paid close enough attention to the difference on the previous releases of Joe figures from about 2002 on but they switched to Battle Points.  So, not 100% sure yet if Flag Points will be acceptable in the promo. 

Since they aren't even shipping figures till May and the promo runs till August I think I'll wait a little before putting mine all together and mailing it in.  See if some of these questions get answered.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #744 on: January 24, 2008, 01:17 PM »
TRU 5 packs.

I borrowed this pic from some otheR Site, but I don't remember these guys back in the 80's.  Was this another "team" like Python Patrol?  I know that there's a new Nightwatch Optimus Prime out there...

More Ninjas!  meh....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:34 PM by iFett »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #745 on: January 24, 2008, 02:27 PM »
Thanks for those pics iFett... I had no idea those were coming out... seems like their follow up to the original sets of 5-pks... which actually slowed down in sales the past couple months I think.

The nice thing is they are loaded with army builders... bad thing is they are a TRU exclusive, which means a $25-$30 price point... probably $29.99 if the original 5-pks are any indication. 

I doubt that I'll get either of these... the Night Watch, I believe is a replica of this -

It was a 6-pk of Cobra troopers, I believe I saw them at TRU several times in 2005-06.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #746 on: January 24, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Wave 8

Other than Bludd, big time pass.  Too bad we didn't gloves on the first Flint...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #747 on: January 24, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Thanks for posting that Mikey.  Wow, really heavy on the redos in that wave.  Granted, they are "different" but still, a few more new characters would have been ok.  I might get suckered into the Snake Eyes, and the Flint is kind of cool, otherwise its just Bludd that interests me as well I think.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #748 on: January 24, 2008, 03:15 PM »
I kind of like that Ninja pack.  The Red Ninja is a solid figure.  Don't care for the Snake Eyes in it that much though.  I'll pass on the Night Watch set.  I never bought the previous version either.

I kind of dig the Snake Eyes from wave 8 though.  That's a nod to an early Joe comic with Quinn.  Pretty good issues and I might get it just because of that.

Cobra Commander, Baroness, Python Patrol Cobra, Roadblock and Flint I'll probably pass on.

Major Bludd looks like a winner, though.  Another cool character that I liked when I was a kid.

E...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #749 on: January 24, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Wow, the winter gear Snake Eyes looks awesome... no way I'll be able to pass on that one.