Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201299 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #795 on: February 8, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Will do... everything is loose though.  I'll probably be parting with some soon, if so I'll contact you first to see if your interested.   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #796 on: February 8, 2008, 04:06 PM »
I've been looking through some Joe stuff in recent days, and was checking out pics of the Terrordrome.  This wasn't something I ever had as a kid, but a friend of mine did.  That really was a pretty spiffy toy.  I miss the good old 80s, where many to most of my favorite toy lines as a kid had big old playsets included in the line (Death Star, FLAGG, Terrordrome, Grayskull, Snake Mountain, etc.)  Anyways, kind of off topic as far as the 25th stuff goes, but just looking at pictures of it again, it sure was a good sized toy.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #797 on: February 9, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I picked up the GI Joe 5-Pack with new crotch gray Snake Eyes V1 last night at K-Mart in Blaine, MN.  I'm glad I waited to buy this set until now because at least one of the figures was fixed a little.  Someone else also found this set at the Minneapolis KM earlier in the week.  So if anyone needs this set or wave 2 comic packs with fixed Hawk then you may want to stop by a KM.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #798 on: February 11, 2008, 08:42 AM »
I got all the wave 3 comic packs this weekend...well I didn't..Rob did, I drove 20 miles to meet him, so look at all the hard work I did..

I don't know if anybody else saw this at the GI Joe Club page, but pics of the Comic Pack Firefly have been updated...

http://www.gijoeclub.com/comics08wave4-ff.cfm

Shows the backpack has all removable parts...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:44 AM by Paul »

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #799 on: February 11, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Over at yojoe.com someone posted a cool picture of a Wal-Mart endcap full of 25th figures.  Not sure where but I hope many Wal-Marts go this route. 

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=55690

but still a long way from the 80s. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #800 on: February 12, 2008, 01:20 AM »
I got all the wave 3 comic packs this weekend...well I didn't..Rob did, I drove 20 miles to meet him, so look at all the hard work I did..

If only I had this much success finding Star Wars stuff.   :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #801 on: February 12, 2008, 10:20 AM »
Our WM has an endcap just like the one pictured above, filled with "older" waves (2 and 3 I believe).  Still kind of neat to see though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #802 on: February 13, 2008, 01:32 PM »
Well I made a stooopid decision this morning to try and have a carded set to go with my loose Joes.  w4 Storm Shadow cracked me this morning...  :-\

I don't frequent the Joe sites as much as I'd like so do any of you guys know if there might be some revision cases coming down the pipeline?  The majority of these figures were extremely difficult to track down even in their initial shipments.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #803 on: February 13, 2008, 07:02 PM »
I don't frequent the Joe sites as much as I'd like so do any of you guys know if there might be some revision cases coming down the pipeline?  The majority of these figures were extremely difficult to track down even in their initial shipments.

I don't know of any exact numbers, but given what I've seen in revision cases of wave 3 (which are, apparently, all Target and Wal-Mart near me seem to get on a regular basis at this point) and what Hasbro had said in a Q&A at some other site (hisstank.com possibly?), the only figures that are not being shipped anymore are Snake Eyes with Timber and Storm Shadow version 2.  Buzzer, Serpentor, Hooded Cobra Commander, and especially Shipwreck are the "pegwarmers"-and I use that loosely (except in the case of Shipwreck, who is EVERYWHERE)-of the line.  Flint, Cobra Officer, Beachhead, and Firefly are somewhat difficult to locate, but the first two are still shipping in some of the aforementioned wave 3 revision cases. 

I'm continually amazed at Hasbro's inability to get these to stores in decent numbers after almost five months of doing the line.  Wal-Marts near me get maybe one case (of eight figures) every three weeks and they sell through it (with the exception of Shipwreck) almost immediately.  One WM has never even gotten their first shipment of the comic packs (it's been over a month of bare pegs), and the other got one case of Wave 2 and hasn't gotten anything since (three weeks ago).  And when they do get something, it's always a wave 3 revision case with more of the same.

I finally found the Breaker/Destro comic pack on Sunday at a K-Mart that had gotten their first shipment of comic packs, period.  Hasbro knows the line is successful, they know there is demand, yet they don't seem to be willing to actually send a good amount of it to the stores.  Oh well, knowing them, if they did send stuff out in huge numbers, there'd still be several Shipwrecks, Serpentors, and Buzzers in the cases, and that's all we'd ever see.  I'd rather have empty pegs and a trickle of product than full pegs that prevent new stuff from getting out.

Oh, I'm just never happy with anything.   :-*

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #804 on: February 13, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Thanks for the info DP!

Stalker, Shipwreck, & hooded CC are very common in my neck of the woods.  This line has been very difficult to collect, but I've been enjoying the chase as much as I can even though it's much more difficult than tracking down new SW figs.  I'm even more pissed now that I've decided to pick up carded figures so I've got to find w1, 2, 3, 5 carded.  I've only seen most of these waves only ONCE at one store only including w5 which just hit recently and now it's just gone.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #805 on: February 13, 2008, 10:18 PM »
A friend of mine picked up the Ace and Wild Weasel and Tomax and Xamot Comic Packs for me today.  He grabbed them at a local Wal-Mart.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #806 on: February 14, 2008, 10:53 AM »
A friend of mine picked up the Ace and Wild Weasel and Tomax and Xamot Comic Packs for me today.  He grabbed them at a local Wal-Mart.

Ya, they've been hitting WM for weeks now.  I'm sure w6 isn't too far behind.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #807 on: February 14, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Hasbro Press Release   scroll down to second post to view "everything"

G.I. Joe vs. Cobra?  Not again   ???

DVDs & more vehicles.  Yay   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #808 on: February 15, 2008, 12:49 AM »
The DVDs with figures sound intriguing. I'm sure it will be four repacks and one partially-new figure, but it's still a neat idea, on paper anyway.

I was kind of hoping they'd drop the vintage-style packaging so I didn't feel compelled to buy a carded set, but why stop now? Eventually they'd have to change the name of the line, I just hope the cards don't change too drastically logo-wise.

And vehicles! Awesome. Much better news here than the Star Wars front, what with the CW line having action features.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #809 on: February 15, 2008, 10:57 AM »
I'm kind of excited that they are releasing some DVDs with these figure sets.  I missed out on the earlier Season sets, and since they don't seem to be planning on re-releasing those anytime soon, it would be nice to pick up a couple of these to have some Joe to watch again.  I can remember some years back that they used to replay GI Joe at like midnight on Saturday nights on Cartoon Network.  Its too bad one of those types of networks (Boomerang) couldn't get the rights to air the old Joe, Transformers, or He-Man toons.

I'm waiting to actually "see" the product this weekend, but from the sounds of things there is just going to be a heck of a lot of stuff in the aisles this year (especially this fall).  Between Star Wars and Indy, and probably some Marvel/DC as well, I don't know if I'll be able to afford much more from this line.  I really like it, but there's only so much budget to go around.  I'd like to pick up the Tomax/Xamot and Ace/Wild Weasel packs if I see them, and then other than these DVD packs it will probably just be a single figure here or there.